Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

More support spells

AuthorMessage
Historian
Jun 17, 2014
Unless you're life... and maybe balance, you never realized how useless your school is in support.... Ice the king of all resist.... Only all team support is legion shield... And its also weird... Weaver was Ice's first spell to give us a shield.... Every other spell, stunned, taunt, or removed 2 pips...

Myth, fire, storm, death... Has really nothing to contribute to a team's support besides more damage....

How about...
Ale school shields be.... -50% shield of any school... Same as tower, just not universal..

Mass spirit/absorb shields

Mass stun block

The sentinel's shield, as a regular spell... A stronger legion.... Mass healing current... Idk... Just more support spells

Mastermind
Mar 16, 2009
Death has a lot of support cards. They get Curse and Dark Pact for buffing other hitters (and if Tower counts for Ice, then so does Feint). Plus, they have powerful protective spells in the form of Juju and the Plagues, if they want to support that way. Imo they're one of the best support schools out there.

Ice does have ways to tank and prevent damage, but they aren't as good as Death at it. Legion is more potent than Plague, but they can all be wiped out by one AoE, or bypassed with dots. It would be nice if Ice could have, like, maybe this focus on damage redirection. Perhaps give them an expensive but effective heal or pseudo-heal absorb, but in a way that it won't make them even better in pvp.

The largest issue with Myth's shield removal is that you typically have to cast it once and you're done. That, and the abundance of TCs, makes it so that the school can be imitated almost as well as the real thing. At worst, Shatter costs one more pip. Myth should get an AoE shield removal, that doesn't deal damage, and is for the most part exclusive to them. Kinda like the Shockwave Item Card, but removes more and costs more. And make situations where it'd be amazing more frequent.

Fire and Storm are hitting schools, so they usually don't do support. I guess Fire could have some support for when a Storm is hitting though. Maybe an accuracy debuff that places multiple debuffs, that way they can more easily stack with Smokescreen and Black Mantle TC to sort of stun lock enemies. Would probably be annoying to go against though. As for Storm, if you're not hitting, and you can't just buff another Storm who is, then, huh. Storm has an ok heal with Current and an ok protection in Enfeeble, but it requires the AI to play into it. Storm probably will not be good for support ever.

Historian
Jun 17, 2014
I mean as an ice wizard myself... If I run support, I basically play as a jaded life wizard, because the only thing Ice has for support is legion shield.... Yes tower exist, I'm not going to take 4 turns to tower everyone.... Frozen and ice armor is none existent, stun block is rarely ever used unless the boss is known for it, steal ward and cool down, are never used when shattered and triage exists.... And again Ice's first spell to add a shield, is Weaver, and the entire PvP fan base wants it removed....

A+ Student
Dec 24, 2009
To truly run support effectively, any wizard will have to train and combine schools to some extent.

My Ice often does support through the Team-up kiosk, using a combination of Ice, Balance and Life spells. She does use Legion Shield and Steal Ward on a regular basis when helping others and has trained Balance spells like Dark Mantle and Loremaster (remove shield/draw aggro/reduce incoming damage). The typical way an Ice supports is tanking damage while the others prepare a hit. Thus, they're oriented to defend themselves rather than to defend the whole team.

For that, we rely on Balance.

In fact, I find it odd that the original poster said, "Other than Life and maybe Balance" when saying most schools don't offer good support options. Maybe Balance?! They're like the ultimate support school, almost to the detriment of their ability to do real damage on their own. All their blades and traps are universal (Balance Blade, Blade Storm, Hex), plus they have two healing options, triple blades, triple traps, triple shields, Donate Power, Black Mantle, etc. Oh, and Mana Burn makes a great opening shot when defending a team in a high level battle where the bosses start out with ten pips a'blazing.

As for Death as support, I agree with the above posting. Death makes an incredible support wizard, on par with both Life and Balance as a matter of fact. Dark Pact and Empower can give blades or pips to others; Feint and Curse are both universal traps; and Sacrifice can heal anyone on the team. Bad Juju was originally intended to be a team card (in my opinion). Also, the plagues are useful for helping to reduce incoming damage, so they act like a shield to some extent.

It's harder to run Storm or Fire as support, although each does have some interesting options: Steal Charm, Cleanse Charm, Enfeeble, Smokescreen, Choke, etc.

That said, yes. I'd love to see more team support spells in the game.

Alia Misthaven