Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Critical chance decreasing

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jun 25, 2012
So when I was level 92 I had got my hands on new gear that got my critical percentage (the actual percentage, not the rating) to 25%. I leveled up to 93 and the percentage went down to 24%. Then, just today, I got to level 94 and the percentage dropped again to 23%. Through all three levels my critical rating has been 243. Is this a bug or is your critical percentage supposed to decrease the higher your level is?
(Note: I did equip new gear upon each level up however the gear replaced and the new gear did not have any critical stats)

Survivor
Feb 11, 2014
No its a balancing aspect in the game and by the last level, any critical under around 200= 0% chance

Survivor
Jun 08, 2012
Not a bug, your critical chance naturally decreases as you level

Survivor
Jun 25, 2012
arararr on Jul 21, 2018 wrote:
Not a bug, your critical chance naturally decreases as you level
That is the worse mechanic I've ever heard of in a game. Typically in any game that involves leveling up you're supposed to become stronger and have your stats increase or, at the least, stay the same. We shouldn't be punished for leveling up. I don't understand how players have accepted this as fair.

Explorer
Nov 18, 2010
KMPs2 on Jul 22, 2018 wrote:
That is the worse mechanic I've ever heard of in a game. Typically in any game that involves leveling up you're supposed to become stronger and have your stats increase or, at the least, stay the same. We shouldn't be punished for leveling up. I don't understand how players have accepted this as fair.
Well it's so you update your gear as you level. If you're looking for a high crit chance I would get new gear, I am the same level as you and my crit percentage is 65% (although I do have a triple crit pet) of course at the stage in the game crit gets blocked a lot but as I am life it is useful for healing, so if I was you I would focus on damage gear, as damage is what you would be sacrificing if you went the crit route.

Survivor
Jun 28, 2012
well it is the worst game mechanic I have ever seen. Not to mention that at level 125(max level) the gear is worst than the darkmoor gear. This mean that from level 100-125 your stats do nothing but get worst as your progress.