Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Magic Mirror: female hair problem

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Nov 23, 2011
The new update looks very nice, KI. And I really like the ability to tweak how our characters look.

However, at the moment the Magic Mirror doesn't show changes to hair style or hair color for female characters. Other changes do work on female characters. I think everything is working for male characters.

-Michael

Survivor
Jul 06, 2010
I've tried this on many of mine and found that if your female wizard is wearing a wig it won't show the changes. Take off the wig and the changes and colors show. Hope this helps!

Explorer
Mar 31, 2013
I had the same issue. All of my female characters have stitched hair so I removed that and I was able to see the different hairstyles and colors, however, with a hat on which impeded me getting the full effect.

Defender
Apr 03, 2016
Indigo Ring on Jul 19, 2018 wrote:
The new update looks very nice, KI. And I really like the ability to tweak how our characters look.

However, at the moment the Magic Mirror doesn't show changes to hair style or hair color for female characters. Other changes do work on female characters. I think everything is working for male characters.

-Michael
Michael, have you tried pushing the Toggle Equipment button? it doesn't show it if you have your equipment on or a hairstyle or whatever that blocks your characters looks. and also I can confirm it does work for males

And I'm gone with the Winds of the Storm. ~

Administrator
Thanks for the report, we're aware of this issue and already working on a fix!

Survivor
May 29, 2011
I have nothing but issues using the magic Mirror hairstyle and color makeover. I never could/have gotten one hairstyle with the chosen color to become a part of my backpack items, OR become a part of the equipment I am wearing to this day! Frustrating is putting it mildly.

Survivor
May 29, 2011
For all the females out there that keep going to the Magic Mirror for a makeover...don't! It does NOT work the way it should, and you will waste your crowns. I sent a message about it several times, and KI responded. As of today, there has been NO fix. We ladies will just have to wait until we hear from KI that all has been resolved. Now, HOW we will 'hear the good news' is still a bit of a mystery...but I would go with this: IF when you go the hairstyle you pick out does NOT show in the mirror as soon as attempt to try it on...DON'T hit the buy button! So...hang in there fair ladies, and carry on protecting the Spiral

Allyssa StarWeaver *