Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Spectre Lord pet for my Ice

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Sep 02, 2012
My Ice Wizard has a Spectre Lord pet that was hatched with a Starfish, so all I need to ask if this is a good combination for a pet . My Ice is currently in Dragonspyre and I want a good pet for him and PvP. So yeah my only question is if this makes a good pet. Fred Prodigious level 113 Polaris, Ian Icebreeze Level 46 Dragonspyre.

A+ Student
Dec 24, 2009
You can use this guide to give you further suggestions about making an excellent Ice PVP pet.

http://www.duelist101.com/other-w101-guides/w101-pet-guides/best-ice-pvp-pets/

Evidently, Spectre Lord is one of the more popular pet body types so you're on the right track in that regard.

Next thing you're going to need is hatching for perfect stats: as close to the max on Strength (255), Intellect (250), Agility (260), Will (260), & Power (250) as you can get. This is particularly important if you're going for Critical, Defense or Damage talents. (For may-cast talents, max stats aren't quite so important.)

In terms of talents, you have a choice between Ward pets (all defense), Healing pets (all heals), Offensive pets (all damage, all critical, or a mixture of the two), or you could make mixed pet that combines two or more of these general types.

Again, Duelist101 has a general guide to show what the typical "overlord" in PVP tends to use in pet talents over the last year. (This guide is updated every winter, the one I'm posting is from January 2018.)

http://www.duelist101.com/other-w101-guides/w101-pet-guides/overlord-pets-talents-2017/

Some may-cast talents that seem to be popular lately include Infallible, Enfeeble, Ward Wrecker, Fortify, and the various heals. Different levels tend to go for different talents - for example, may-cast Fortify and Infallible are more popular at Magus level than at max level PVP.

For more refined advice, you'll probably want to post on the PVP boards.

Good luck!

Alia Misthaven