Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Infinite loading screens

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jul 11, 2009
Occasionally i will get loading screens that hang forever and the only way to leave it is to clpse the game. I can open the options and my inventory but nothing else

Explorer
Jul 20, 2014
I too am experiencing this since the update.

Geographer
Dec 14, 2009
Geographer
Dec 14, 2009
The frequency of this issue is increasing. I have tried reinstalling the game, but the problem still persists.

Survivor
Jul 06, 2010
I'm having this same problem. I try to port somewhere, get the loading screen, it freezes there until I close the game and reload it. Very frustrating, the last time this happened I didn't bother logging back on.

Explorer
Oct 02, 2012
This is exactly why I didn't renew my membership this time. I wish the loading screens could be done away with and we just appear places without them. We don't need them and it makes it nearly impossible to play.

The artwork can always be made into framed pictures and put into the crown shop for housing.

Explorer
Jul 20, 2014
Explorer
Jul 20, 2014
Could we please get and update/fix on this "loading screen of death" issue? It is frustrating beyond measure to join a pvp tourney, and get the "death screen" while entering a match.

Administrator
I've sent this issue to the team to investigate. If you have any more specifics on it occurring and when it might be triggered, this would be helpful for us to resolve the issue. Thanks all!

Geographer
Dec 14, 2009
For me there seems to be no set pattern. It sometimes manifests itself ( not all the time) when loading from one game area to another. You will see the new loading screens for that area, but it will just hang there, and not finish loading. I would guess the new loading artwork is causing this issue, but that is just a guess.

Survivor
Jul 17, 2013
Hi,

I have had experiences with this issue for quite a while now, well before the update and can relate to each post on what happens.
Sometimes a graphical error message comes up but not all the time.

Explorer
Jul 20, 2014
It seems to happen more for me in the first few minutes after logging in. If my game has been on awhile, then the frequency of occurrence drops drastically. It also didn't start doing this until after the new graphics update. I also tried updating my graphics drivers, and such, but to no avail. I hope this helps.

Geographer
Dec 14, 2009
The issue with this is still continuing. It seems to happen at completely random times.