Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Open Chat?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
May 01, 2010
(Excuse me if I am posting on the wrong board, I didn't find any other more suitable board)
Simple Question: Is it true that Open chat is only available to members?

If so, here is my main counter argument:
Players who use crowns to buy areas/ pay by area (like myself, I have already paid around 100 dollars for the game) have too, invested a lot of time and money into the game. It doesn't seem fair that a monthly subscriber ($7) should have open chat, while someone who's been playing for eight years (myself) and also have spent a reasonable sum of money on the game, AND am over 18, still has to substitute "ate" for eight so I don't trip on the game's chat restrictions.
If Open chat is available only to members, I think it should also be available to players who have made a single purchase of crowns with their account. That way, it will not be so tiresome to chat with other players, as most of my friends I meet through the game are also over 18.

Anyways, I hope I can get the attention of KI with this post. What are your thoughts?

Explorer
Feb 19, 2010
You do not have to have membership or buy crowns to have open chat. I have had it since started and I started as free play. You do have to be over 18, I believe, to it. the settings can be changed in your Master Account. If you have a problem with getting it, contact KI support, they will help you.

Survivor
May 01, 2010
I see. I saw on an answer from Professor Greyrose that said something along the lines of "open chat will expire with your membership." I'm not sure if it has since been changed, or maybe I read into it incorrectly.
I will definitely contact KI for support, and thanks for your reply