Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Why does Call of Khrulhu only do 830 damage?

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Oct 04, 2012
So I’m currently leveling up my death and I know in the future I’ll be getting call of khrulhu. But why did the damage get lowered? I wish it was a little bit more stronger cause I feel like it won’t do enough damage. Maybe they should bump it up to maybe 880 or something cause I feel like 830 is super low. What do you all think?

Astrologist
Aug 23, 2016
Ok, a couple of things to note, base damage is just that, base damage. Properly bladed, feinted, trapped, auraed, enhanced, and wearing the right equipment Khrulu will regularly do five figure damage.

Be thankful that the base damage is where it's at because if the AI ever figured out how to properly blade and trap, Khrulu would be the death of the questing party every time you faced a Death Boss.

Steven Ghoststalker

Defender
Apr 03, 2016
Jason thunderstaff on Jul 15, 2018 wrote:
So I’m currently leveling up my death and I know in the future I’ll be getting call of khrulhu. But why did the damage get lowered? I wish it was a little bit more stronger cause I feel like it won’t do enough damage. Maybe they should bump it up to maybe 880 or something cause I feel like 830 is super low. What do you all think?
I think its fine the way it is. as its said in the Description of the Death School, Death is for more "Experienced" Wizards (at least that's what I saw) and They need to take Multiple Steps to use it Correctly. (Traps, Blades, Etc)
And The Life steal is also a major bonus. you can do huge damage either way as its 830 damage. if it does only 830 damage to 4 enemies you'll get 415 x 4 Health back which is over 1000. It may not be enough, but its still Lifesteal. a Free Heal, with a Huge ton of Damage. Khrulhu may not do a ton of damage, but the death school isn't about a ton of damage. it focuses on stealing from others and empowering yourself. Theres nothing big about damage in that school.

I may sometimes agree death isn't the particular "Strongest School" But it Comes in a Bit Tanky.

Defender
Jul 26, 2012
The base damage of drain spells have always been low. In fact, they're usually the weakest damage-dealing spell compared to other spells of the same rank. This is to balance out the fact that they heal you for part of the damage they deal. Drain spells that hit all enemies can easily result in a full restoration of health in addition to dealing damage to your foes.

Plus, the damage of Khrulhu isn't actually that bad compared to how much damage some earlier rank drain spells do. Take a look at the Fire school spell Raging Bull, for example. It deals 775-900 damage to all enemies. So Khruluhu's damage actually falls right in the middle of the damage range of fire spell that is one rank higher. Khruluhu is also only 50 points of damage behind Mystic Colossus, a Myth spell of the same rank.

Compare this to the much older Scarecrow spell: Scarecrow was the weakest of the rank 7 spells, and was 70 points of damage behind the second weakest rank 7 spell Power Nova.

If anything, you could say that the gap between drain spells and regular damage dealing spells has actually tightened a bit.