Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Make use for the Wysteria Teachers?

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Oct 04, 2012
So a few weeks ago I went to Wysteria to do the wall flower quest. As I did the quests I remembered the schools and the teachers that are there. I specifically remember the life related one to be in a quest in Wysteria and that’s about it. These teachers and schools have almost no impact on us because it’s just there. I feel like they should teach us certain spells or give us a crafting recipes for specific TC cards like ice bird that hits and applies a blade I think or fire bettle which hits and applies 3 traps. These type of spells can be used in pvp or nice to have. But in all I feel like these Wysteria teachers should be in use instead of being there. I might be wrong about not interacting with the other teachers but definitely they should play more of a role. What do you all think?

A+ Student
Mar 31, 2009
Jason thunderstaff on Jul 11, 2018 wrote:
So a few weeks ago I went to Wysteria to do the wall flower quest. As I did the quests I remembered the schools and the teachers that are there. I specifically remember the life related one to be in a quest in Wysteria and that’s about it. These teachers and schools have almost no impact on us because it’s just there. I feel like they should teach us certain spells or give us a crafting recipes for specific TC cards like ice bird that hits and applies a blade I think or fire bettle which hits and applies 3 traps. These type of spells can be used in pvp or nice to have. But in all I feel like these Wysteria teachers should be in use instead of being there. I might be wrong about not interacting with the other teachers but definitely they should play more of a role. What do you all think?
I and many others would love it if we got to interact more with Wysteria and Pigswick Academy. A common request is that they teach us a spell- I think that would be fun! It might also be fun if it were a "joke spell" that appears useless at first, but then later turns out to be highly sought after haha. Another thought that I've had in the past is that since we are graduates of Ravenwood that Headmistress Crisp asks us to be a substitute teacher for a few days. That would be fun too.

Geographer
Nov 22, 2015
Wizard101 has an opportunity with these Wysteria teachers to give schools spells that would resolve certain problems they have.

Astrologist
Aug 23, 2016
Yes we all know that Wysteria is a "joke" and that the only way any of their faculty or students has ever given a Ravenwood student any challenge is by cheating.

But yes, I would love to visit Wysteria again.

Spells that don't look like the would be much use, gear that looks ridiculous but has good stats, getting a pegasus mount.

I wouldn't mind learning a "cheat" spell.

Steven Ghoststalker

Armiger
Jan 11, 2012
this request keeps cropping up every so often over the years. many of us feel a flushing out of Wysteria would be a good idea. Some people have suggested giving it the Wintertusk style treatment, and yes, people have asked for spells to be made available. I've come up with ways this could be done (not posted though), and would love to see something like:

Belladonna calls us with exciting news. As it turns out, since we won the Spiral Cup, she's had the professors dig deep into their respective schools and they've come across some OLD magic and a new unexplored area. During the course of exploring, they reveal that the original Wysteria storyline was a test to see if we were worthy of the new spells they can teach us.

Each school would have "X" amount of spells we could learn; meaning they'd each have the same amount of spells at each school. Whatever school corresponds to your Ravenwood primary school gets you free spells and uses power pips. The Wysteria minions in the new location should have them before we do. It's something that COULD be done, but certainly isn't NEEDED.

Defender
Jul 24, 2011
I saw someone either on here or on Central that suggested that the Wysteria teachers can teach you some sort of cheat that triggers sometimes, which I think would be a good way to use the teachers.

Wolf, Level 98 (Khrysalis)
Cole Goldenflame, Level 57 (Celestia)
Cole Goldenbreeze, Level 16 (Krokotopia)
Cole Goldenwraith, Level 16 (Krokotopia)
Cole Goldenhammer, Level 9 (Wizard City)

Armiger
Aug 03, 2014
exp613 on Jul 11, 2018 wrote:
I and many others would love it if we got to interact more with Wysteria and Pigswick Academy. A common request is that they teach us a spell- I think that would be fun! It might also be fun if it were a "joke spell" that appears useless at first, but then later turns out to be highly sought after haha. Another thought that I've had in the past is that since we are graduates of Ravenwood that Headmistress Crisp asks us to be a substitute teacher for a few days. That would be fun too.
I LOVE your ideas!

A joke spell would be perfect! It would be funny if the theme of the joke was 'being lazy'. Like the 'time out' or 'nap time' spell - everyone sleeps for a round and when they wake they all play a random card because they're still a bit sleepy. It could be good for the pip but rubbish if the wrong spells get cast...you'd have to be daft or desperate to cast it!

A quest line as a sub teacher would be fun and could lead to the joke spell as the reward. 'Let Sleeping Piggles Lie' with some drama over nap time in the nursery perhaps (nursery teachers love paid nap time!)

I'd like to see a bit more done with Wysteria. It's a beautiful world and I love the piggles there!