Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Team-up Kiosk griefers

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jul 01, 2018
to start off this post, yes I know there is already multiple threads on this topic. However I just wanted to make my own.

I know there is multiple types of griefing when it comes too the team up kiosk. Mine is a little bit more frustrating then not being able to join a battle before the other players defeat the boss. So here is a list of problems i've ran into with the kiosk so far.

1. people waiting for the last few seconds of the team up timer, then leaving and rejoining.
2. people waiting for the last few seconds and then leaving at the last second so you still join and then you have a 10 min cooldown
3. people abusing the team up just so they can farm and then leave the rest to do the dungeon alone (this is especially annoying when max level characters do this in hard dungeons for low levels where the players could have majorly benefited from a fourth player)
4. people joining waiting for you to join the battle, then going and grabbing their quest item or whatever it may be and leaving(includes them hitting switches and buttons and not bothering to join battles)

So these are the main annoyances I have been running into with the kiosk. I know there's probably not really a way to fix this. So maybe this could just serve as a warning or whatever.
I have also recorded this happening on 2 occasions now, however I feel that it may be useless too do so, because there are so much duplicate character names and it only shows the initials of the other player you're teaming up with. So oh well there I suppose.

Armiger
Aug 03, 2014
oboynoodle on Jul 10, 2018 wrote:
to start off this post, yes I know there is already multiple threads on this topic. However I just wanted to make my own.

I know there is multiple types of griefing when it comes too the team up kiosk. Mine is a little bit more frustrating then not being able to join a battle before the other players defeat the boss. So here is a list of problems i've ran into with the kiosk so far.

1. people waiting for the last few seconds of the team up timer, then leaving and rejoining.
2. people waiting for the last few seconds and then leaving at the last second so you still join and then you have a 10 min cooldown
3. people abusing the team up just so they can farm and then leave the rest to do the dungeon alone (this is especially annoying when max level characters do this in hard dungeons for low levels where the players could have majorly benefited from a fourth player)
4. people joining waiting for you to join the battle, then going and grabbing their quest item or whatever it may be and leaving(includes them hitting switches and buttons and not bothering to join battles)

So these are the main annoyances I have been running into with the kiosk. I know there's probably not really a way to fix this. So maybe this could just serve as a warning or whatever.
I have also recorded this happening on 2 occasions now, however I feel that it may be useless too do so, because there are so much duplicate character names and it only shows the initials of the other player you're teaming up with. So oh well there I suppose.
I understand your frustration. I'm not sure how much can be actually done about the issues you've had but maybe this will help? The problem isn't really the kiosk, it's a 'people problem'!

In response to your list:

1. They're probably people who are worried they don't have a full team and will need one. Or worried the team 'needs a hitter/healer' and there isn't a life or storm etc. Basically, people who are worried they'll fail and want to wait a little longer to find a full team instead of seeing how they can do with 1 or 2 people helping them.

2. See response to number 1 and add that they perhaps don't know that restarting the timer only works when there are only 2 people on the team up!

3. People who do this also do it also do it from the sigil when you've been chatting with them and clearly established everyone is going in 'for the full dungeon'...it's not nice but this isn't caused by the kiosk, it happens because of the player.

4. Again, it's not nice but isn't about the kiosk, it's about the player. If they met you by the sigil and asked if you could be bait so they could run around you might be happy to do so...it's worse on the kiosk because it lands the other players with a battle they either have to fight for no reason or a 10 minute time out...not cool!

I think it helps to remember that some of the players are very young and may not understand the implications of their actions. They could be struggling and 'doing what needs to be done' to get past that instance, unaware that if they played it out you would have helped them through it and they didn't need to be sneaky.

I know that isn't an excuse, but it can be a reason...and assuming it is not malicious helps us not to be as upset/frustrated as if we assume they're deliberately trolling us. Sometimes this can be reduced or attitudes changed by saying something like, "Jump on in for drops! " so they see you're friendly and thinking of them.

PS. You can remove the time out by defeating foulgaze!