Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

being stunned durring a shadow process isnt right

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Jul 12, 2016
so, the level 92 and 97 process spells come with a backlash that lowers as you do things it likes and raises as you do things it dislikes; and only doing things it likes and not passing makes is go down so you don't take any damage at the end of the shadow process; but if you're stunned, it forces you to pass, and as a result, you take unfair damage that you didn't deserve because you didn't really pass, it forced you to; therefore, I think that as long as a player has a backlash bubble circling them, the should be stun immune

Armiger
Aug 03, 2014
social sorcery boy on Jul 9, 2018 wrote:
so, the level 92 and 97 process spells come with a backlash that lowers as you do things it likes and raises as you do things it dislikes; and only doing things it likes and not passing makes is go down so you don't take any damage at the end of the shadow process; but if you're stunned, it forces you to pass, and as a result, you take unfair damage that you didn't deserve because you didn't really pass, it forced you to; therefore, I think that as long as a player has a backlash bubble circling them, the should be stun immune
Getting stunned is always frustrating and I agree a badly timed stun (well timed for the enemy) can badly interfere with a strategy, like shadow or when you're all set up to kill Malistaire just before his bone dragon strikes etc.

Do you ever use Stun Block? We can train it from Diego or buy it from the bazaar, Harold Argleston, The Archivist or Zan'ne. If I want a different bubble (so can't use Conviction) and there is high risk of stuns I usually use Stun Block or throw some on a team mate we can't afford to get stunned.

I don't think we need to add stun immunity to the shadow spells when we have other spells available to avoiding being stunned. I understand your opinion but quite enjoy it when the enemy unexpectedly puts a spanner in the works of our strategy...keeps us on our toes! For battles where it happens 'too much', mitigating it can become part of our strategy.

Something I'd like to see is all the 'stun immune' bosses/enemies having their immunity reduced to 99% stun resist, so there is still a tiny chance they'll be stunned even though it's unlikely

A+ Student
Dec 24, 2009
When using Shadow, you're dealing with evil energy. This evil energy is sentient and doesn't care about what's "fair" because it's evil. That's why there's a backlash - this evil entity doesn't want to do your bidding and if you want to use him, then it's going to be on his terms. No exceptions.

Why?

Because it's EVIL.

That's why it was forbidden.

So, given that's the lore behind shadow magic, I completely disagree that we should be automatically protected from stuns (or fizzles) just because we went ahead and played with Shadow. No, we shouldn't. We chose to use a risky kind of magic and backlash is the price we pay.

"All magic comes with a price, Dearie!"
-Rumplestiltskin, Once Upon a Time

Alia Misthaven