Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Beware Possible Hacker?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jul 02, 2017
So I'm not quite sure where to put this, or if it even is something to be worried about. Three times within the past 2 months, players have come up to me offering a lot of free crowns. They then as for my facebook account or my pay pal. The first time it happened, I thought it was just a generous person, but declined. The next couple of times, the player offering has like spam requested me until I answer them. The first time this happened, I didn't think too much of it. However, after three times it's starting to feel fishy. I don't understand hacking, but I feel as if this could be like a gateway into someone getting my personal information and stealing it?
Is this something to be worried about, or is it all just coincidences? Has anyone else experienced this?
It all just seems so sketchy.

Armiger
Aug 03, 2014
gingerrsnapp on Jul 7, 2018 wrote:
So I'm not quite sure where to put this, or if it even is something to be worried about. Three times within the past 2 months, players have come up to me offering a lot of free crowns. They then as for my facebook account or my pay pal. The first time it happened, I thought it was just a generous person, but declined. The next couple of times, the player offering has like spam requested me until I answer them. The first time this happened, I didn't think too much of it. However, after three times it's starting to feel fishy. I don't understand hacking, but I feel as if this could be like a gateway into someone getting my personal information and stealing it?
Is this something to be worried about, or is it all just coincidences? Has anyone else experienced this?
It all just seems so sketchy.
You're right, that is totally dodgy!

I'm not sure what they're up to but they're certainly not going to give you crowns and they're breaking the terms of use by asking you for personal information. I'd leave the area, report them and put them on ignore.

PS. You're not the only person this has happened to so don't worry, you're not being specifically targeted for some reason...you've just happened to be there.

Astrologist
Feb 28, 2014
I haven't personally experienced a hacker since I lost my very first and old account in 2014. I have heard about those who did by these in-game scams:

--Others offering free crowns, items and so on.
--Others offering to help you adjust your wizard's gear and spell set-up for better game play, help you win solo battles or any other needs you may be stuck on..
--Others offering to pay for your membership, buy you offline game bundles or give you game discount coupons. Sorry, KI does not offer discount coupons.
--Asking you for a date by using pickup lines such as: I need a girl, I need a boy, do you want to be my boyfriend/ girl friend, etc.. is a possible scam from those you never met.

These possible hacker may gradually soften you up to gain you their trust by being a best friend you ever had hoping to get personal information from you including your account number and password. NEVER give away your account information regardless. You can loss your wizard + more forever. Note: KI will never ask you for your pass word. STAY SAFE.