Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

What is with these players

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jun 18, 2012
So I was bored of waiting for pvp que to pop and decided to watch a match for a bit. Port to spectate match and didn't move or say a single word and yet someone walks up to me within 5 seconds and just reports me for foul language. Just came back to Wiz after 2 years away and if this is how players operate I think I'll just stay away.

Survivor
Dec 19, 2015
Wow, I’m not surprised honestly. There’s quite a few rude people in the game.
Jennifer pixiewhisper exalted level 104

Astrologist
Aug 23, 2016
Unfortunately there are trolls masquerading as Wizards. Let me be the first to state that the actions you describe are deplorable. Most of the community are kind and good hearted.

It is sad that you happened upon one of the trolls.

Steven Ghoststalker

Armiger
Aug 03, 2014
rhamnales on Jul 2, 2018 wrote:
So I was bored of waiting for pvp que to pop and decided to watch a match for a bit. Port to spectate match and didn't move or say a single word and yet someone walks up to me within 5 seconds and just reports me for foul language. Just came back to Wiz after 2 years away and if this is how players operate I think I'll just stay away.
Sorry this happened to you and please don't worry about your account. KI look at the chat logs of anyone reported and they'll see it was a false report...false reporting backfires on those doing it.

This kind of thing happens occasionally and I think it is important to remember that it isn't always malicious. Sometimes kids just discovering the report button decide to 'try it out'...and end up with an email from KI explaining how to use it responsibly!

Another thing to know is that it always gives the same warning about using foul language no matter what has been written in the reason for reporting box...the kid could have literally written 'Just testing report' or something that shows their intent as benign but we get the auto message warning us about 'foul language'.

Your account won't be affected by false reports so don't worry and where there is no evidence of malice, assume there was none

Hanlon's Razor fits here - 'Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity'

Defender
Jul 01, 2015
If they do that BITE THEM you are a Stormzilla you'll chew their heads off. Hehe

Andrew your brother Stormzilla