Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

New spell idea

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Aug 03, 2011
Hello!
So, my main character is a fire wizard, and as you know fire wizards have A LOT of DOT spells.
But there is a problem. Fighting something that is your own element.
Obviously most people would use converts against these creatures, but since it is DOT, you would have to put on converts based on how many times it attacks.
So my idea was, since we have mass converts and we have fuel, why not have a convert fuel type thing?
Basically this would put 3 converts on at once, kind of like fuel does, but instead of traps it's converts
Obviously this could be for different elements too, considering other elements use DOT spells.
This could help out players greatly and make it to where you don't have to risk the chance of defeat just to put on more converts.
Thanks!
Wolf StrongFist, 125
Wolf WinterFist, 17

Astrologist
Aug 23, 2016
Wolf StrongFist on Jun 24, 2018 wrote:
Hello!
So, my main character is a fire wizard, and as you know fire wizards have A LOT of DOT spells.
But there is a problem. Fighting something that is your own element.
Obviously most people would use converts against these creatures, but since it is DOT, you would have to put on converts based on how many times it attacks.
So my idea was, since we have mass converts and we have fuel, why not have a convert fuel type thing?
Basically this would put 3 converts on at once, kind of like fuel does, but instead of traps it's converts
Obviously this could be for different elements too, considering other elements use DOT spells.
This could help out players greatly and make it to where you don't have to risk the chance of defeat just to put on more converts.
Thanks!
Wolf StrongFist, 125
Wolf WinterFist, 17
This would be a great idea for Fire Wizards. It would also by nice for myth with their "1-2 punch" spells (like Minotaur)

Steven Ghoststalker

Armiger
Jan 11, 2012
This would be really useful to fire for sure. Until they implement it, try using a single hit spell. Since I don't know what level you are, try using single hit spells instead of DoTs. That is actually fire's weakness; a lack of AoEs that are NOT DoTs. Fire has ONE of which can be found BEFORE Azteca; Meteor Strike. Another suggestion is to use multiple blades before hitting and a single convert. You can use a school blade, item card blade, and a TC blade. If you are L56 and above, craft the helm from Carax Strongthread which will give you an item card fireblade which will stack on top of your regular school blade. If you CLICK ME, you can see the hat which gives the fireblade. Only bosses would require you to use more than that throughout most of the game. By the time you get to minions that might need a 4th blade, you'd have Sharpened Blade version of your school blade.

Balance: no DoT spells
Death: Poison and Skeletal Dragon both hit 4 times
Fire: Meteor Strike, Raging Bull & Scorching Scimitars hit once, Sun Serpent and Burning Rampage hits twice, Scald and Heck Hound hit 3 times, and Fire Elf, Link, Fire Dragon, Power Link, and Rain of Fire hit 4 times

Ice: Reindeer Knight & Frostbite both hit 4 times
Life: Wings of Fate hits 3 times
Myth: Basilisk and King Artorius hits 4 times

Going JUST by school taught spells, it would be better if the Prism Fuel spell had 4 prisms to a single target and not 3. It would be silly to have multiple single target mass prisms spells. have the one spell cover the worst case scenario.

Survivor
Aug 03, 2011
dayerider on Jun 25, 2018 wrote:
This would be really useful to fire for sure. Until they implement it, try using a single hit spell. Since I don't know what level you are, try using single hit spells instead of DoTs. That is actually fire's weakness; a lack of AoEs that are NOT DoTs. Fire has ONE of which can be found BEFORE Azteca; Meteor Strike. Another suggestion is to use multiple blades before hitting and a single convert. You can use a school blade, item card blade, and a TC blade. If you are L56 and above, craft the helm from Carax Strongthread which will give you an item card fireblade which will stack on top of your regular school blade. If you CLICK ME, you can see the hat which gives the fireblade. Only bosses would require you to use more than that throughout most of the game. By the time you get to minions that might need a 4th blade, you'd have Sharpened Blade version of your school blade.

Balance: no DoT spells
Death: Poison and Skeletal Dragon both hit 4 times
Fire: Meteor Strike, Raging Bull & Scorching Scimitars hit once, Sun Serpent and Burning Rampage hits twice, Scald and Heck Hound hit 3 times, and Fire Elf, Link, Fire Dragon, Power Link, and Rain of Fire hit 4 times

Ice: Reindeer Knight & Frostbite both hit 4 times
Life: Wings of Fate hits 3 times
Myth: Basilisk and King Artorius hits 4 times

Going JUST by school taught spells, it would be better if the Prism Fuel spell had 4 prisms to a single target and not 3. It would be silly to have multiple single target mass prisms spells. have the one spell cover the worst case scenario.
I get your point on it being 4 converts, what I had in mind while I was the post was that it may or may not go for all the turns, but if it didn't you would only have to put on 1 more, so for more powerful spells it may not be as useful.
But I think mostly why I chose 3 because in my deck, for support spells i mostly go in increments of 3 or 5

Wolf StrongFist, 125
Wolf WinterFist, 19