Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Transferring Characters

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Feb 14, 2013
I would love to transfer one of my characters to my other account. Both have membership, however, they are not year-long memberships because I cannot afford it. Is there any possibility I can still transfer characters between accounts, or do I absolutely need 2 year-long subscriptions?

Survivor
Jun 26, 2016
Unfortunately, you do need a one-year membership for both and you must have the accounts linked in a family account, THEN you may email Kingsisle about which characters to which account. I do not entirely agree with this, but I suppose it is good for security reasons.

Astrologist
Feb 28, 2014
I do have a question about this idea. Why transfer your character to another account when you already have one

Armiger
Aug 03, 2014
Patrick Ravenbane on Jun 26, 2018 wrote:
I do have a question about this idea. Why transfer your character to another account when you already have one
Lots of people transfer a character when they make another account so they have useful pairs for duel boxing and can pass a few bits to the new account to help start them off. The character has their seeds and snacks etc with them when they move so it can be helpful to have their seeds doubling during rewards instead of starting from scratch farming for seeds etc.

It's a courtesy not a right so KI decide if it's ok. From what I understand they're happy to do it as long as both accounts have active 12 month memberships, have no sanctions and are linked in a family of accounts. It's a one-off courtesy because KI have to go onto the accounts to move them manually. I've heard of people requesting it more than once (with a LONG gap between asking) and KI saying yes but I've also heard of them saying no when someone is asking for another move just to pass gear.

I moved my low level Balance wizard because I find leveling her slow and tricky. It's a great school but I wanted to be able to get my life or storm to help her out when she's struggling. I really appreciate that KI allow us to do this and it can make a big difference to the enjoyment of another account when you can duel box wizards you've already been working on