Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

What is the purpose of Ramin?

AuthorMessage
Armiger
Jan 11, 2012
He is the Nomadic Trader found in Rubal Wastes that sells only 1 item; a zero ranked pet snack giving 1 Strength to your pet for 200 gold. That is all he sells. He doesn't start or end any quests according to Central, and I can't recall ever needing to interact with him. If his only purpose is that 0 rank snack, he can be removed from the game completely. Did he have another purpose that got allocated to another NPC? Is he a placeholder for later usage? If he is a placeholder, I dont need to know what the future usage is though.

Defender
Dec 18, 2010
dayerider on Jun 13, 2018 wrote:
He is the Nomadic Trader found in Rubal Wastes that sells only 1 item; a zero ranked pet snack giving 1 Strength to your pet for 200 gold. That is all he sells. He doesn't start or end any quests according to Central, and I can't recall ever needing to interact with him. If his only purpose is that 0 rank snack, he can be removed from the game completely. Did he have another purpose that got allocated to another NPC? Is he a placeholder for later usage? If he is a placeholder, I dont need to know what the future usage is though.
There’s a side quest that starts in Istanboa that leads to you talking to him. I believe the quest was called Serpentine Love Story, I remember doing that quest within the last few days

Armiger
Jan 11, 2012
maybe you do talk to him once or twice, I really don't remember, but he seems like such a throwaway NPC.

Geographer
Nov 22, 2015
dayerider on Jun 14, 2018 wrote:
maybe you do talk to him once or twice, I really don't remember, but he seems like such a throwaway NPC.
Oh no, that is far from the truth. Without ramen, all college students would die of starvation.

Wait, I'm talking about the wrong ramen aren't I?

Armiger
Jan 11, 2012
Fable Finder on Jun 15, 2018 wrote:
Oh no, that is far from the truth. Without ramen, all college students would die of starvation.

lol that's an AWESOME reply

Defender
Aug 25, 2014
Fable Finder on Jun 15, 2018 wrote:

I said something similar when Mirage came out. Its a joke. Ramen is a food with next to no nutritional value so having Ramin sell a food thats rank 0 is meant to be funny. Why they chose that spot and that time, who knows. Its just something random meant to make you laugh.