Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

crafting a pet collar

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Feb 22, 2015
I think it would be neat if we could craft a pet collar for our pets that uses one of every jewel. This would be a great blend of crafting and pets. How can we submit this idea

Armiger
Aug 03, 2014
Dunerider10 on Jun 3, 2018 wrote:
I think it would be neat if we could craft a pet collar for our pets that uses one of every jewel. This would be a great blend of crafting and pets. How can we submit this idea
Posting in the Dorms (as you have done) is submitting an idea!

This is the perfect place to explain your idea more and describe how you'd like it to look, if it would have features other than appearance etc

I love crafting and I love pets so I look forward to hearing more about your idea

Squire
Jul 09, 2010
Please give more details. At the moment we can only use Pet Jewels- do you mean the collar would have sockets for each of the other shape jewels? If so I love that idea. If you meant every jewel, like a giant charm collection- I doubt they'd ever allow that ... unless

Unless the collar could hold each jewel and we could only have certain ones active at a given time. Maybe different ones when we focus on gardening and others for solo quests and others for team dungeon play.

Survivor
Feb 22, 2015
When I first proposed this I was thinking this should be very hard to get. To begin with to craft the collar one would have to be a Revered Crafter. Next I would think someone should have a pet badge, say hatching expert or master.

Now the collar would be one that had five sockets. A Square, Star, Round, Triangle, and Tear Drop. Regents would have to be difficult to get. Say 20 Amber, 10 Platinum, 10 iridium, 50 silver, 100 Perfect Opals to begin with. Maybe another five items as well. I would say all the jewels in the collar would be active all the time. The same thing occurs in Gear we have.

This is just a suggestion, but it would reward players that have been playing a long time.

Armiger
Aug 03, 2014
Dunerider10 on Jun 6, 2018 wrote:
When I first proposed this I was thinking this should be very hard to get. To begin with to craft the collar one would have to be a Revered Crafter. Next I would think someone should have a pet badge, say hatching expert or master.

Now the collar would be one that had five sockets. A Square, Star, Round, Triangle, and Tear Drop. Regents would have to be difficult to get. Say 20 Amber, 10 Platinum, 10 iridium, 50 silver, 100 Perfect Opals to begin with. Maybe another five items as well. I would say all the jewels in the collar would be active all the time. The same thing occurs in Gear we have.

This is just a suggestion, but it would reward players that have been playing a long time.
It's a good idea and I'm open to it. I wonder if it might be a bit over-powered, especially with them all being active all the time, however the fact you've chosen for them to be one of each jewel kind does limit it (eg we can't add 5 damages or anything too major).

There have been new jewels introduced that give 2 talents (limited to in-store purchase in the Dallas area atm) so the idea of having extra jewel slots on pets is already being considered so your idea could fit with that.

I like Helenie's idea too about selecting which jewels would be active at a given time...perhaps then we would want them all star shaped?

I agree that if it were added it should be difficult to craft but rather than have people wait until such a high level perhaps it could be something we upgrade as we climb the crafting ranks? A little like some crafted gear requires the 2nd tier drop as part of the recipe. This would allow people to build it gradually instead of being a huge mission at a level they likely already have a decent pet and gear set.

I think it might break the game but can you imagine a drop at level 150 of a 'Pet Mastery Collar' that works like the mastery amulets

Just for fun - I'd love it if they looked pretty too and maybe had the glow/sparkles like a mastery amulet has (this was my thought that got me into 'ooh mastery collars' lol).

I love crafting and I love pets so I'm definitely open to this idea and if it were added to the game I'd be gathering my reagents and planning out which jewels I would use and how many pets would get the privilege of a collar

Delver
Mar 10, 2015
They need a pet color from a legal stand point. Since currently we are shoving rocks into our pets which is animal abuse (ye I get that it's a game).

I agree it should be hard to craft, but it's not op.

Having 5 slots active at a time allows for further customization in a game that is already fairly linear and play style free.

Stacking 5 attack gems is not op. Most ice and life already have 80% resist. If we had 5 10% pierce gems we could fix pvp and most problems with balancing. (Assumption here is that no stat of resist can go above 120%)

My suggestion to make it fair recipe: (colar is permanent bound to pet requiring ultra level)

60 ember, 20 titanium, 150 iridium, revered crafting, 400 sunstone / diamonds, 4 ultra rare gems.

Historian
Jun 19, 2010
I support and approve pet collars with and without jewels; as well as pet clothes and accessories too!