Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Housing Purchase

AuthorMessage
Survivor
May 25, 2018
I am almost at 8000 coins (lvl 18) and I am wondering if it is worth buying a house is worth the coin. What do I get? (other than the house) What are the benefits of the house? Will this in anyway help me pay off the cost of the housing?

Armiger
Aug 03, 2014
bubbaConor on May 29, 2018 wrote:
I am almost at 8000 coins (lvl 18) and I am wondering if it is worth buying a house is worth the coin. What do I get? (other than the house) What are the benefits of the house? Will this in anyway help me pay off the cost of the housing?
I'm not sure what you mean by 8000 coins - do you mean 8000 crowns or 8000 gold?

Many of the houses available via the crown shop can also be bought for in-game currency (gold) if you click on the tab just below the picture of the house. There are vendors throughout the Spiral who also sell houses too.

Different houses have different allowances for housing items so it is a good idea to keep this in mind when buying as you are likely to want the max inside and outside (250/250) later even if you don't need it yet. I think the cheapest with max items inside and out is the Jungle House Boat for 50,000 gold, followed by the Wizard's Watchtower for 75,000 gold. Both are available through the crown shop - don't forget to click the gold tab to purchase it for gold instead of crowns.

You can do a tour of the house first via the crown shop so you can get an idea of what it is like inside and what features are there.

It's possible to get a house for as little as 8000 gold but it only allows 150/50 items rather than the max of 250/250. This might be worth getting though while you level up and get more gold. It's the Wooded Cottage from Buxley Turtleton in Wizard City Shopping District. Each wizard gets their first 3 housing slots free so it could be quite a while before you look to upgrade a smaller one.

Houses are great for decorating but also for storage and gardening. Some items literally won't fit into your dorm and space there will become cramped and full quite quickly even if they're small items.

The Red Barn Farm is a popular one if you get into gardening because it also gives a plant like (makes plants grow faster) but it might be a tad expensive right now at 125,000 gold, but if you can't afford it now it's worth remembering for when you can.

I hope this helps