Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Remove Attacks From Life Henchmen

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Oct 06, 2013
Could you please remove attacks from life henchmen?

I was in a boss fight and needed healing so I paid crowns to buy Salvus. The first thing he did was blade himself. The second move he did was hit the boss with Centaur. Then I died without even being healed once. This is a problem. I am not sure the reasoning for even equipping the most popular life henchman with attacks, let alone blades, when he is bought to heal and you die anyway. My crowns I spent are wasted. I don't buy a life henchman to hit, I can do that myself. He needs to heal heal heal. I don't like to spend a lot of crowns for higher rank life henchmen because most of them attack more than heal, but Salvus is cheap enough and usually mostly heals, but this time he didn't. If I wanted a henchman to hit, I will buy a different school. Life henchmen should be strictly healers or there is no point spending crowns on them anymore.

Armiger
Jan 11, 2012
I think a better option would be to have different types of henchmen. I totally get your frustration, and you have a valid point, however, I dont think that life henchmen should ONLY heal. perhaps there should be new henchmen that are listed like:

Level XX Healing (where XX is the level of henchman)

Level XX Offensive (where XX is the level of henchman)
Level XX Defensive (where XX is the level of henchman)

This way, you know exactly what you're buying. Sometimes you WANT a life who hits, though it is certainly the minority. Henchmen should NOT be a one size fits all situation, and having the different types of henchmen would be good. Any of these types of henchmen should be level accurate, but all of their spells should suit the type of theme they are.

The Healing minion should have spells that can heal others (so fairy instead of pixie), and healing buffs instead of hitting buffs. It should also have Pigsie as well.

The Defensive one should be Ice (since that school has the most shields in school, not to mention really high health), with shield and weakness spells, but no offensive spells or healing spells

The Offensive one should have school and neutral blades, but no healing or defensive spells

Illuminator
Aug 03, 2016
I would vote for our having the power to veto a henchman's move.
Henchmen often trigger cheats in cheating bosses.
Other times a healing henchman will endlessly heal itself so removing hits wouldn't help. In fact sometimes someone might need it to hit. If you are down to your last crown, or the other hench are nearly dead, you really might need that hench to hit and kill the enemy or boss. I've been saved in battle due to life school hench hitting.

Armiger
Aug 03, 2014
I don't use Henchmen and a reason I doubt I ever will is that they are too unpredictable. I've limited experience of them because the only time I've seen them in use is when a team mate has decided to hire one...usually before they ended up sending me a message for help!

I like Dayerider's suggestion of categories and think that would be a great improvement, making henchmen more popular. I also wonder if it would be helpful for the summoner to be able to select the henchman's spell as well as their own?

I think there are a few different ways henchmen could be improved and I wonder if part of the decision to have them quite unpredictable is to encourage us to call on friends instead. I know that's not always an option and I'm not using it to justify their unpredictability, it's just something I've wondered about because KI's decisions are usually well thought out and have reasons behind them.

Astrologist
Aug 23, 2016
All good suggestions.

But I would agree with Sparkle in that if I have hired a henchman or summoned a minion, I should be able to at least veto their choice for the round. Far too often my minion has done something stupid (triggered the cheat, used my feint with a wand spell, healed themselves) that we can all agree it's problematic.

I would suggest that you would still have to choose your spell and veto the minion/henchman spell within the 30 second timer so there would not be an abuse of this power.

Steven Ghoststalker

Survivor
Jan 11, 2018
I cant log in..... I didn't play wizard101 for 2 months and when I'm playing I cant log in...i did what I need to do but still can't log in...i really really want to play wizard101 again please help me to play this again

Illuminator
Aug 03, 2016
"it's just something I've wondered about because KI's decisions are usually well thought out and have reasons behind them."

I'm sure they want to encourage people to team up (with other players) and quest together. But I also think it's a lot easier to code a henchman which does what it wants, than to try to code a henchman which we can veto their choices in battle, or to list all the henchmen in the Crown Shop and then also list more than one category per school and level. So it's probably a practical choice from their side. I dunno.

Historian
Jun 19, 2010
Who else would love to hire a Life Henchman that heals you and your teammates; and nothing else?

I would like there to be additional, option-friendly henchman you can hire that only serve one purpose (i.e., attack, heal, shield, trap, etc...). KI would still make money, and players would get better value for what they spend. Its a win-win solution for everyone.

Survivor
Oct 06, 2013
Maichard05 on May 28, 2018 wrote:
I cant log in..... I didn't play wizard101 for 2 months and when I'm playing I cant log in...i did what I need to do but still can't log in...i really really want to play wizard101 again please help me to play this again
You are in the wrong place for that. You'll need to contact support on the main website.

Survivor
Mar 26, 2011
I think instead of removing attacks, just make the life henchman prioritize healing more. If you're low on health, they'll try to heal you before they attack. Also have them pay better attention to the traps on the enemy they're targeting, so if there are any, they'll only trigger them with big hits, or change their target.

Illuminator
Aug 03, 2016
Blaze Moonspear on Jun 2, 2018 wrote:
I think instead of removing attacks, just make the life henchman prioritize healing more. If you're low on health, they'll try to heal you before they attack. Also have them pay better attention to the traps on the enemy they're targeting, so if there are any, they'll only trigger them with big hits, or change their target.
Or at least prioritize healing the active wizard, more.

I'm not sure why a fully healthy newly hired healer henchman would choose, as its first action, to use all its pips "healing" itself.

That's a head scratcher.

Armiger
Jan 11, 2012
SparkleTude on Jun 3, 2018 wrote:
Or at least prioritize healing the active wizard, more.

I'm not sure why a fully healthy newly hired healer henchman would choose, as its first action, to use all its pips "healing" itself.

That's a head scratcher.
I totally agree with this. I they just made it heal whoever was the lowest health by percentage, it would fix that. For example, how many times has a minion healed itself, OR a wizard who had at least half it's health, while letting another wizard, who has less than a quarter health, die the next round because it didnt heal them? There are times when it's ok to not heal the 'weakest" wizard, but the first round out of the gate it should heal the one in the worst shape.

Astrologist
Feb 28, 2014
Not all Life Henchmen just attacks. Some just heals. Some heal, attack and may shield. If you want a good healing minion that heals most of the time, I suggest lvl 40, 70, 80, 120 and 125, Others life Henchmen are pretty balanced between healing and attacking depends what they feel like doing. Lvl 50, 60 and 90 life doesn't really work for me either when it comes to healing when i need it.

Historian
Jun 19, 2010
Patrick Ravenbane on Jun 3, 2018 wrote:
Not all Life Henchmen just attacks. Some just heals. Some heal, attack and may shield. If you want a good healing minion that heals most of the time, I suggest lvl 40, 70, 80, 120 and 125, Others life Henchmen are pretty balanced between healing and attacking depends what they feel like doing. Lvl 50, 60 and 90 life doesn't really work for me either when it comes to healing when i need it.
Thank you for your contribution. Yes, you're spot on how current Life Henchman function. However, I and others want to be able to use crowns to hire henchmen that only heal. And this is very possible by simply creating additional henchmen for this exclusive purpose. The game continues to evolve. So, as henchmen get created for exclusive purposes (i.e. healing, defense, damage, etc..), some folks shall hire them, others will continue to stick with more traditional ones. And for the most hardcore will continue to solo blindfolded with one or both hands tied behind their back, because they thrive on challenge.

Astrologist
Feb 28, 2014
Tylerwildpants on Jun 6, 2018 wrote:
Thank you for your contribution. Yes, you're spot on how current Life Henchman function. However, I and others want to be able to use crowns to hire henchmen that only heal. And this is very possible by simply creating additional henchmen for this exclusive purpose. The game continues to evolve. So, as henchmen get created for exclusive purposes (i.e. healing, defense, damage, etc..), some folks shall hire them, others will continue to stick with more traditional ones. And for the most hardcore will continue to solo blindfolded with one or both hands tied behind their back, because they thrive on challenge.
If I understand this correctly, you want to purchase a life Henchman to follow you for a period of time something like a 24 hour timer? In battle you want to have complete control of that henchman so it's more reliable on your command??

Historian
Jun 19, 2010
Patrick Ravenbane on Jun 7, 2018 wrote:
If I understand this correctly, you want to purchase a life Henchman to follow you for a period of time something like a 24 hour timer? In battle you want to have complete control of that henchman so it's more reliable on your command??
The title of this post is called Remove Attacks From Life Henchman, and I and other players want to hire henchman with exclusive healing for the duration of battle. This is simple and straight forward. However, you're suggestions are good and valid too: 1) Having a hired henchman follow a player around while their logged on, 2) Allow players to have complete control over their hired henchman. Thank you for making these suggestions.

Astrologist
Feb 28, 2014
Tylerwildpants on Jun 8, 2018 wrote:
The title of this post is called Remove Attacks From Life Henchman, and I and other players want to hire henchman with exclusive healing for the duration of battle. This is simple and straight forward. However, you're suggestions are good and valid too: 1) Having a hired henchman follow a player around while their logged on, 2) Allow players to have complete control over their hired henchman. Thank you for making these suggestions.
Yes, I know what this post is about and I understand what you are saying but we can't always get what we want or may not at this time. So for now that's why I suggested a level 40, 70, 80, 120 and 125 Henchmen from the Crown Shop for an alternative. From my experiences these henchmen are very reliable on healing even the team if you hire higher level ones. Very seldom do these few attack. There is no 100% guaranteed any henchmen will work in your favor. If you are looking for a perfect one to heal and do nothing else, It would be nice but don't get your hopes up. KI was more than generous to give us plenty to choose from. Not everyone wants a life henchman at any level to just heal and KI knows that. I love your ideas but we all have to think more realistic by saying if you were a Life Henchman, would you want to just stand there and heal until someone has near or full heath then do nothing else. Maybe you and some others do but some others may think differently to keep their battle challenging.

P.S. I"m not attacking you and your ideas. :)

Astrologist
Feb 28, 2014
Patrick Ravenbane on Jun 3, 2018 wrote:
I'd like to add to this post so it's more clear. There are already Life Henchmen that just heal however may not 100% of the time and they're the ones I alternatively suggested. I feel this game does not need any additional Life Henchmen at this time other than the ones we will get when the game levels. However it's nice idea . Kingsisle been more than generous by giving us heals through Henchmen + Pets + certain gear + TC heal spells and Life wizards

Historian
Jun 19, 2010
Patrick Ravenbane on Jun 8, 2018 wrote:
Yes, I know what this post is about and I understand what you are saying but we can't always get what we want or may not at this time. So for now that's why I suggested a level 40, 70, 80, 120 and 125 Henchmen from the Crown Shop for an alternative. From my experiences these henchmen are very reliable on healing even the team if you hire higher level ones. Very seldom do these few attack. There is no 100% guaranteed any henchmen will work in your favor. If you are looking for a perfect one to heal and do nothing else, It would be nice but don't get your hopes up. KI was more than generous to give us plenty to choose from. Not everyone wants a life henchman at any level to just heal and KI knows that. I love your ideas but we all have to think more realistic by saying if you were a Life Henchman, would you want to just stand there and heal until someone has near or full heath then do nothing else. Maybe you and some others do but some others may think differently to keep their battle challenging.

P.S. I"m not attacking you and your ideas. :)
I once got on the ride called entirely missed the point too. Thankfully, If I hire an electrician, I'm not expecting him to rework my pipes or replace the floors, or even repair the chimney. I'm only expecting and paying him to do electric work. And the crazy part, that's exactly what they do. I and others like and agree with the OPs posting in wanting to hire a healing henchman. The only way to do this is by creating a new henchman for this purpose. And no amount of rewording the constraints and limitations of existing henchmen, and telling everyone to just use them while hoping for the best will change this. This reminds me of the pet kiosk and team up portal. Some players are for them, while others aren't. The players who like and support them use them, while those who don't stick to hatching in the pet hatchery, or joining a battle or dungeon directly at the battle and dungeon entrance. The same will be true when W101 eventually has healing henchman. Folks who like and want; will hire them, while those who prefer to keep their battle somewhat challenging will continue to choose not to hire them. Its a win-win for everyone.