Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

leaving darkmoor during battles

AuthorMessage
Defender
Jul 26, 2013
Does anybody get frustrated when people start the dungeon darkmoor and then leave in the middle of the game? They do only one part of the dungeon get what they want then leave. I have been asked to help someone with a dungeon and the person that I was helping said he had to go after about ten minutes. I was left there with to other people who needed to finish it and now we have one person gone.
I think there needs to be a rule that if you leave the dungeon darkmoor before you finish you should be banned from it for at least two days or a week. I know that a lot of people lose connection during the game and it's not there fault, but the others it really ticks me off when others want to do a full run. Maybe you can make a team up for just the certain dungeons they want to do. Some just want to do Aphrodite but you have to go through darkmoor gate , some just want to do the graveyard, and others only want to get to von shane. please KI can you think of something to do about this?

Historian
Jun 19, 2010
Banning folks, allowing others to join, and team up portals exclusive for specific portions of a dungeon are all a great start.

TIME DELAY BANNING
I support penalizing players who flee and don't come back. Some dungeons are better done on a full team for greater success. The fleeing player hurts the team, so A time delay to reenter the same dungeon is an appropriate punishment. The penalty clock only starts after they attempt to reenter the dungeon. And each time they flee, the penalty timer increases without any caps or constraints.

PERMANENT FLOATING FLEEING BADGE
Fleeing players also receive a permanent floating badge above their head that shows everyone how many times they've fled. Of course, some players would then actually flee to see if they can achieve the highest number of flees possible.

FLEEING PLAYER'S SPOT OPENS
All dungeons should have a fleeing timer. After so many minutes, the fleeing player's spot automatically opens up. This allows new players to join. A pop-up disclaimer can advise how much time remains before a new player can join, and they shall enter a dungeon with one or more portions have been completed. I'd actually join, because I know I'd be helping a team in need.

EXCLUSIVE TEAM UP PORTAL
Because enough players only do specific areas and battles of a dungeon; having a Team Up Portal for this purpose addresses team sorting better. So both players who want to complete the entire dungeon, or only do exclusive game content can; without ever meeting or wasting the other player or team's time.

Defender
Jul 26, 2013
fleeing timer is all good and everything if you actually flee the game for longer than say at least five minutes. Sometimes players have to flee because they are about to die and need to get more health and need to hurry and buy more potions if they do flee. The player usually does port right back. I'm talking about players who don't come back after at least five minutes and then we all say he's probably not coming back. Sometimes we do lose connection during the game. I have done that and had to restart my computer again. So there would have to be someway for the game to tell if you lose connection so you don't get banned. Me and the friends I play with have all come back to the fight after we have lost connection to the game. But you do have some good ideas.

Astrologist
Feb 28, 2014
People leaving in the middle of Darkmoor dungeons happens too often. Most of the time in the graveyard after the first battle farming just for the Athame. It's so frustrating when players leave causing me to start over with a 10 minute penalty timer which takes up so much of my game time. Here are my thoughts about people leaving the team early: I think players who leave first should be penalized with the timer not the others. I think the best gear should only be dropped by the final boss in a single dungeon.