Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Tourney board reset?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Aug 07, 2014
Have of these guys boost themselves to the top of tourney. The sad part is, none of these guys can hold their weight in a ranked match, LOL! I feel as if this board should be reset weekly or something. Make it more of a top of the week kind of thing.

Delver
Dec 08, 2016
StopBoosting2018 on May 24, 2018 wrote:
Have of these guys boost themselves to the top of tourney. The sad part is, none of these guys can hold their weight in a ranked match, LOL! I feel as if this board should be reset weekly or something. Make it more of a top of the week kind of thing.
How does one boost in a tourney though? Is that even possible? I get that the Message Boards are a place where everyone can freely voice out their opinions, but was that comment really necessary? It's downright rude to say that none of them would be able to hold their weight in a ranked match just because they have earned many wins and points than you. I'm just sensing saltiness here.

Survivor
Aug 07, 2014
deathsummoner4 on May 24, 2018 wrote:
How does one boost in a tourney though? Is that even possible? I get that the Message Boards are a place where everyone can freely voice out their opinions, but was that comment really necessary? It's downright rude to say that none of them would be able to hold their weight in a ranked match just because they have earned many wins and points than you. I'm just sensing saltiness here.
Downright rude? There's literally proof. Watch a magus or grand tour and see how many accounts one player joins into the same tourney. There are guys who join on 4 accounts and let themselves win all day. When tours are crowded, these guys are nowhere to be seen on the top!

Delver
Dec 08, 2016
StopBoosting2018 on May 25, 2018 wrote:
Downright rude? There's literally proof. Watch a magus or grand tour and see how many accounts one player joins into the same tourney. There are guys who join on 4 accounts and let themselves win all day. When tours are crowded, these guys are nowhere to be seen on the top!
While that is unfair, why is it necessary for the entire tourney board to be reset? That would not only affect magus or grand PvP-ers, but other levels too. How do you think the actual players who've worked so hard for their wins to be on the leaderboards would feel if all their efforts just went to waste? Don't get me wrong, I don't like boosters too, but I believe a reset of the tourney boards isn't the solution. I reckon boosting should become reportable in the future because I don't see how boosting should not be. A 16-0 rank would definitely seem suspicious to me, especially if you have no gear and your character happens to be level 1. It's cheating to play against yourself on another character/computer and an exploit of the system. It's ridiculous how easily people can boost nowadays. I saw about three level 1 wizards with a Captain rank spinning in the arena yesterday and even caught one person boosting last week.

Survivor
Aug 07, 2014
Because it's tourney boards. You don't even need wins to get on there if you join enough and just pass

Delver
Dec 08, 2016
StopBoosting2018 on May 26, 2018 wrote:
Because it's tourney boards. You don't even need wins to get on there if you join enough and just pass
That is true, but I still don't see why we should involve the players who actually put effort, strategy and work into the tourneys they join and drag them along with the boosters.

Adherent
Mar 18, 2009
You do realize that some players join tournaments and then AFK from the keyboard in order to get tourney tickets effortlessly. This strategy crept in as soon as the tournaments went from Crowns purchase to gold for members. Most of the people doing this are not boosting other players, but are simply just not playing in the tournament.