Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Add options for Team Up

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Oct 06, 2013
Can you please add a second option for Team Up in dungeons that have special extra bosses? It is very annoying to enter a dungeon in Aquila or Darkmoor with the intention of doing the full dungeon and one of more people only want the secret boss or only part of the dungeon. Team Up should be strictly full dungeon. If people want to only do certain parts, they should find a team before entering. Unfortunately, too many abuse it for the rest of us, but if there was an option to select if you want full or part, that would help a lot.

Armiger
Aug 03, 2014
BrianZacharyX on May 23, 2018 wrote:
Can you please add a second option for Team Up in dungeons that have special extra bosses? It is very annoying to enter a dungeon in Aquila or Darkmoor with the intention of doing the full dungeon and one of more people only want the secret boss or only part of the dungeon. Team Up should be strictly full dungeon. If people want to only do certain parts, they should find a team before entering. Unfortunately, too many abuse it for the rest of us, but if there was an option to select if you want full or part, that would help a lot.
I think this would be particularly useful for the dungeons that have secret bosses like Mount Olympus and Darkmoor etc. I think it would be tricky to implement for part dungeons though (eg first battle of Darkmoor Graveyard) because it could become overly complicated with too many options for one place, resulting in people clicking the 'wrong' team up...or pretending to when they're struggling to get a team for the entire thing then spending the first battle trying to persuade the rest to do the entire thing instead. I'm not sure what would work best but definitely agree that separate team ups for things like Gladiator V Mount Olympus makes a lot of sense.

Survivor
Mar 30, 2010
I love this idea, however i do also agree that partial dungeon protocol would be to much for the developers. So just to add the option to team up just for skeleton key rooms that are located inside dungeons would be extremely helpful to those who need to farm those locations for gear and stuff.

Illuminator
Aug 03, 2016
I'll chime in to again suggest that perhaps the team up list could contain some type of description.

If it's a quick battle, one type of symbol or hovertext.
If it's a long instance or dungeon, another type of symbol or hovertext.

If the person who called for the team up also has it as a quest? Please let me know. I will do those before any other type.
If the person is just farming? Maybe a hoe as a symbol. I'll pass most of those by but others might prefer those, because they are farming also.

Knowing the battle beforehand will result in fewer 'drop outs' I think and knowing whether it's a quest or farming will help players know that it is or is not likely OK to just do a quick attack all spell once everyone is in the active battle circle.

I can't keep all the battles in most worlds straight or memorize which have which strength or school of boss, or even which are quick and which are an hour or more long. So I usually just do a team up in Wizard City.

I'd like to do battles that are more needed but then again I often do those only to get dumped alone in a dungeon I don't need or to find out the other person is only farming. My main aim is to help a player who couldn't get that one done otherwise, who needs it to continue in their game.

Even having the school of the boss might help because I'm not of as much use with my own school matching the boss.

Thanks.