Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Please add a seventh wizard

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Oct 06, 2013
I would like to see a seventh wizard added. I have been playing for a few years and I have always wanted to have every school, but it is impossible since we can only have six wizards per account. It is not an option to pay for a second account just for one more school as I can barely afford to pay for one account. Plus the fact I would not be able to transfer items between wizards on seperate accounts as I would if they were on the same account. I have seen people have more than one account open at the same time and that is also not an option as my computer would be slowed a lot having more than one instance of the game running at the same time. KI makes more than enough money from all the players already paying for membership and crowns. They wouldn't really be losing anything by adding one more wizard to accounts. I know I am not the only person that wants this and I think it would benefit KI as well as members to do this.

Defender
Dec 07, 2012
I have to agree... I usually always have a myth wizard out, I don't think I've ever had a myth. I remember farming in Aquila, someone else also mentioned having no 7th wizard was quite annoying.

Survivor
Mar 01, 2009
Yeah it completely sucks because I have never had an Ice wizard and honestly I don't want to delete any of my there characters to make a ice wizard but I really wish with the new design of the game that they add another slot for a seventh wizard

Survivor
Apr 01, 2011
I totally agree to open to where we can have more amounts of characters on our accounts to match the amount of schools.... so we can try all the different schools without having to delete one or make a whole different account just for that one character.
-Marissa Song 68

Survivor
May 31, 2017
I currently have a character for all schools besides fire. I have to agree, I would like to be able to have an additional character slot so I could try them out as well.

Survivor
Aug 03, 2010
Survivor
Jun 27, 2018
I wish they would. I want to transfer my Ice character over.

Survivor
Jun 27, 2009
I fell like this is a great idea but i doubt Kingsisle will change this because the amount of money they profit from this is a lot.

Delver
Dec 13, 2008
rocksword on Aug 17, 2018 wrote:
I fell like this is a great idea but i doubt Kingsisle will change this because the amount of money they profit from this is a lot.
yea but not everyone can afford 2 accounts at the same time let alone 1 part of the time i still hope the make a 7th slot i would finally be able to use the elegant and other myth stuff i've been saving for almost 10 years now my only issue is making a pet but that shouldnt be hard to make one that is ok enough to get him through the worlds good enough lol

Survivor
Aug 31, 2013
BrianZacharyX on May 23, 2018 wrote:
I would like to see a seventh wizard added. I have been playing for a few years and I have always wanted to have every school, but it is impossible since we can only have six wizards per account. It is not an option to pay for a second account just for one more school as I can barely afford to pay for one account. Plus the fact I would not be able to transfer items between wizards on seperate accounts as I would if they were on the same account. I have seen people have more than one account open at the same time and that is also not an option as my computer would be slowed a lot having more than one instance of the game running at the same time. KI makes more than enough money from all the players already paying for membership and crowns. They wouldn't really be losing anything by adding one more wizard to accounts. I know I am not the only person that wants this and I think it would benefit KI as well as members to do this.
Adding a 7th character slow would allow Kingsisle to keep high-level players busing working on a new character while they are improving previous worlds with things like the graphics updates. It would be a great move that (I am assuming) wouldn't be too hard and would be a big crowd pleaser. If you have 6 characters, 5 sitting and 1standing, then there is an empty seat that could easily be occupied by the 7th wizard.

Astrologist
Feb 28, 2014
rocksword on Aug 17, 2018 wrote:
It has nothing to do with money. KI is interested in adding the 7th wizard but they ran in to coding issues and trying to work around them.

Delver
Dec 13, 2008
Patrick Ravenbane on Aug 20, 2018 wrote:
It has nothing to do with money. KI is interested in adding the 7th wizard but they ran in to coding issues and trying to work around them.
which teacher or person said this and how long ago?

Astrologist
Feb 28, 2014
iouman2013 on Aug 31, 2018 wrote:
which teacher or person said this and how long ago?
someone in the inside on KI twitter. early last year. There was a discussion on it. I would like to know where people heard the rumor saying it is about money. From what teacher and when it was said.

Delver
Dec 13, 2008
Patrick Ravenbane on Sep 1, 2018 wrote:
someone in the inside on KI twitter. early last year. There was a discussion on it. I would like to know where people heard the rumor saying it is about money. From what teacher and when it was said.
Oh that's nice to know and if were lucky that they mentioned this last year maybe they have already have a team thinking on how it can work in some type of update in the future either in a fall update or spring update since part 2 is most likely this years winter update and i would like to know as well.

Survivor
Feb 07, 2014
I'd like to know who said that too.
Regardless, I can see how it might be a problem getting the 7th character to work.
It isn't a trivial thing to do.
I can't imagine the game's code would be much of a problem, however, the databases on all the servers would have to be changed for sure.
+ seems like not much until you consider it's + entire character with space for all of it's item and level data times millions of user accounts.

But I do hope they can figure it out, though.
I'd love to finally get a dedicated Storm wizard of my very own without having to give up any of my characters.

Explorer
Jun 05, 2011
I'd happily spend $20 for a seventh character slot to bring a Myth wizard to my account.

Delver
Dec 13, 2008
Markodeath1337 on Sep 6, 2018 wrote:
I'd happily spend $20 for a seventh character slot to bring a Myth wizard to my account.
dude same here man.. myth is the only thing im missing too haha

Explorer
Jul 18, 2016
iouman2013 on Sep 7, 2018 wrote:
dude same here man.. myth is the only thing im missing too haha
In my case, I chose to OMIT 2 classes, Balance and Ice. I have my reasons for getting rid of Balance and Ice and they're very simple.

Balance- I chose to get rid of Balance because balance mobs are annoying to fight as a Balance wizard since there's no Balance convert. Also, my storm has Loremaster trained with a Balance mastery. For balance mobs, the way to defeat them is to Spectral Blast or Chimera if they Elemental Shield and frankly, who has the time to wait out the 9 pips to cast Chimera on an easy mob monster? Balance is good for PvP though, but frankly, I don't PvP right now as I am more focused on maxing my main wizards and PvP is too time consuming for me.

Ice- I chose to get rid of Ice because I don't really enjoy playing as a full tank with low damage. On top of that, Ice doesn't get Iceblade until level 42, which is about the time you reach Dragonspyre, so you're basically playing through the first half of the game bladeless. I know Elemental Blade exists, but that costs a pip while Iceblade is free. The full tank play style just isn't enjoyable for me and as such, I'll never make an ice wizard.

With that being said, I'd still like to see the addition of a seventh wizard spot. Reading through all these comments, it seems to me that support for the legendary seventh wizard spot is universal. I hope to see it added in the future. I'm sure the addition of the seventh wizard spot will really make a lot of people's days that much better and it'll be more profitable for Kingsisle too as another Wizard on the account means more packs opened for gear and Lore spells. Everyone wins, the players and Kingsisle!

Sincerely,
Blaze StormSword (Level 91 Diviner, Lore Spell and Pet Enthusiast)

Delver
Dec 13, 2008
crimsonreaper5 on Sep 7, 2018 wrote:
In my case, I chose to OMIT 2 classes, Balance and Ice. I have my reasons for getting rid of Balance and Ice and they're very simple.

Balance- I chose to get rid of Balance because balance mobs are annoying to fight as a Balance wizard since there's no Balance convert. Also, my storm has Loremaster trained with a Balance mastery. For balance mobs, the way to defeat them is to Spectral Blast or Chimera if they Elemental Shield and frankly, who has the time to wait out the 9 pips to cast Chimera on an easy mob monster? Balance is good for PvP though, but frankly, I don't PvP right now as I am more focused on maxing my main wizards and PvP is too time consuming for me.

Ice- I chose to get rid of Ice because I don't really enjoy playing as a full tank with low damage. On top of that, Ice doesn't get Iceblade until level 42, which is about the time you reach Dragonspyre, so you're basically playing through the first half of the game bladeless. I know Elemental Blade exists, but that costs a pip while Iceblade is free. The full tank play style just isn't enjoyable for me and as such, I'll never make an ice wizard.

With that being said, I'd still like to see the addition of a seventh wizard spot. Reading through all these comments, it seems to me that support for the legendary seventh wizard spot is universal. I hope to see it added in the future. I'm sure the addition of the seventh wizard spot will really make a lot of people's days that much better and it'll be more profitable for Kingsisle too as another Wizard on the account means more packs opened for gear and Lore spells. Everyone wins, the players and Kingsisle!

Sincerely,
Blaze StormSword (Level 91 Diviner, Lore Spell and Pet Enthusiast)
i totally get the hate on balance and all that lol trust me I've been playing for almost 10 years around the time i made a balance my fire ice and storm were like max in zafaria and there were not a lot of very good pets and no more then like 4 talents on pets and at the time people had pets with only sprite proof defy and either unicorn or pain balance was better off as a supporting school cause it wasn't a good school to balance i deleted it and made like a death that school stuck but by that time Avalon was out and that was 4 schools done i tried balance again cause i think at that time i got a balance up again and pets had 5 talents still didn't do good damage made a life wiz lol that stuck too but man without having the kookaburra back then or any time of aoe and no one to quest with especially before the release of team up it was the hardest school to lvl up went with myth over balance at the time for my 6th when azteca came out it was so worth it tbh but like once myth has gotten to max darkmoor was just release and got a new spell and all that myth was OK for a while especially cause you could wand off a hit but once ultra came out and Polaris as well the spells gaze + nested fury were available they changed my mind entirely on loving balance but it was mainly pets and seeing that pets with proof defy and 4x damage namely 9% school, 6% school, 6% universal and 3% school makes it a lot easier to both quest alone and get good amount of damage in as for ice its lvl 38 actually not 42 unless they went and changed it over the years but aside from that you don't have to feel like its a tank only school you could make it balance with tons of resist hp and damage like mine :) i don't pvp but ice is pretty much more useful and better than ice imo
myth is i admit an underrated school because of how it has mainly single damage spells but in short good pets do make the schools people hate and say suck are worth it.