Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Problems with Gardening

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jan 29, 2010
I am rapidly becoming annoyed with a couple of the plants I am attempting to grow. I have been growing lots of honey sickle since this one wizard existed. No problems at all. However a good long while ago, I began trying to grow a couple of goose trees and a few red huckleberries I sort of thought, okay I tend my honey sickle, once sometimes twice per day without problems. I am needing a vine to craft something and it supposedly is harvested by those plants. I had problems with my plants dying or reverting back to baby plants by doing them this way. I began tending them twice a day, hoping to get better results. I tended them yesterday morning (as usual) then again yesterday afternoon. I go to tend them again this morning, only to have them revert back to baby plants once again. Expecting anyone to tend their garden more often than twice per day is a bit extreme don't you think? What is up with this??

Survivor
Jul 02, 2017
some plants are a bit more delicate than others. Not everything can be easy, then the game wouldn't be any fun!

Armiger
Jan 18, 2010
Okay, let's decipher a couple of the issues you seem to be having.

First of all, garden Trumpet Vine and Silver Trumpet Vine for Vine.

The latter has about a 80% (in my experience) of dropping Vines at elder, with the current bonus, those chances increases!

Now all the Huckleberries plants will start to wilt at a much more faster rate than most plants if left with a need.

Understand that, you don't need to tend to your plants daily to present them from wilting (the primary purpose is to harvest them as much as possible during the mature stage and to instigate them to grow from each stage to another).

So, as long as you leave your house with all plant needs attended to, then you've no need to worry until you return to the particular garden again.

This rule will not apply if you left a wizard at the castle.

Also, notice I said Garden earlier instead of castle. - If your garden is inside the house, then you simply porting outside won't instigate anything as it relates to your plants.

If you enter inside where that particular garden is, then the attention to your plants will be required.

Good Luck.

A+ Student
Dec 24, 2009
GoldensRule on May 9, 2018 wrote:
I am rapidly becoming annoyed with a couple of the plants I am attempting to grow. I have been growing lots of honey sickle since this one wizard existed. No problems at all. However a good long while ago, I began trying to grow a couple of goose trees and a few red huckleberries I sort of thought, okay I tend my honey sickle, once sometimes twice per day without problems. I am needing a vine to craft something and it supposedly is harvested by those plants. I had problems with my plants dying or reverting back to baby plants by doing them this way. I began tending them twice a day, hoping to get better results. I tended them yesterday morning (as usual) then again yesterday afternoon. I go to tend them again this morning, only to have them revert back to baby plants once again. Expecting anyone to tend their garden more often than twice per day is a bit extreme don't you think? What is up with this??
The problem may be that you are visiting your plants and somehow leaving them with unnoticed needs. The cure for this, ironically, is to STOP visiting them so often.

Set up two houses, with one being set aside and used strictly for gardening. While having a Red Barn Farm or Botanical Garden house is nice, they aren't necessary. Any house will do, the point is to make it only about gardening and nothing else. Only go to the garden house when you are prepared to tend to your plants.

The other house is the one you will equip and use for everything else in the game, like crafting, storage, socializing, etc.

At the garden house, set up your plants with as many "likes" as you can get your hands on. Huckleberries like the Red Barn Farm and/or Botanical Garden, the tropical garden gnome, and all bell pepper plants. They do NOT like any of the Fly Traps.

Goose Trees like the same houses (all plants like these houses), the tropical garden gnome, the flowering cherry tree, and they DO like all Fly Traps. (Furthermore, Deadly & Frozen Fly Traps also have a chance of dropping the Vine reagent!) Goose Trees do not like any of the Snap Dragons.

Okay, now that you have it all set up, pick a time of day to visit your house and tend to all of the plant needs. Be sure you have enough energy to cover your plants' needs. Do not leave until every need is taken care of. If you leave a plant with a need, it will wilt. When all needs are met, leave that house and do not return until you are ready to do the gardening again. 12-24 hrs later is fine.

The "reverting" that you mention might be an issue strictly with Huckleberries, since I've run into that issue a bit myself lately. It could be a literal bug with KI and that particular plant. Switch over to Goose Trees, Fly Traps and Trumpet Vines to get your Vine reagent, then you won't have to deal with reverting Huckleberries quite so often.

Good luck!

Alia Misthaven

Explorer
Nov 16, 2016
On the two house theme, I have my home button take me to my dorm room. There I have teleporters to take me to my houses/gardens, with signs to remind me where each teleporter goes. That way I can easily get to my bank or attic without triggering plant needs. I also have a tapestry to the Bazaar on the wall.

Defender
Jul 26, 2013
I'm wondering if anyone is having trouble with the new gardening spell that lets you plant all seeds of one kind. I have a huge garden of couch potatoes and every time I harvest them they all reseed themselves. I used the new gardening spell and for some reason I lost four couch potatoes seeds while reseeding. Now I have to go farm for new couch potatoes for the empty plots or wait for the gardening rewards, and who knows when that will happen again.

Mastermind
Nov 27, 2013
alia550 on Jun 16, 2018 wrote:
I'm wondering if anyone is having trouble with the new gardening spell that lets you plant all seeds of one kind. I have a huge garden of couch potatoes and every time I harvest them they all reseed themselves. I used the new gardening spell and for some reason I lost four couch potatoes seeds while reseeding. Now I have to go farm for new couch potatoes for the empty plots or wait for the gardening rewards, and who knows when that will happen again.
did you look in your bank? they might be there.