Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Myth Needs a Better AOE!

AuthorMessage
Defender
Jul 21, 2013
(Disclaimer: Please do not use this thread to talk about life needing an AOE. There is already a thread about that, this thread is for Myth discussion only.)

Myth needs a better non-shadow AOE. Myth has the lowest damage AOE of all classes being 325 damage. As a max Myth wizard myself, I usually stick to Collosus because Humongofrog stinks at max levels. Earthquake also doesn't work. Earthquake is an embarrassment of a spell in my opinion. It takes 2 more pips than Frog but does the same damage. Only thing that is special is it removes shields and blades, which isn't even a problem because the AI isn't smart and doesn't do any of those.

Can we get a new 6 pip AOE? Like:

Manticore Swarm [6 pip]: 555 damage to all enemies and +25% damage to next attack

CONNOR LEGENDBANE 120

Explorer
Sep 20, 2017
A+ Student
Mar 31, 2009
Taylor SwiftStalke... on May 6, 2018 wrote:
The school also needs a

Ice needs a decent too..

#basichealnothingcrazyisneededforiceandmyth

A+ Student
Mar 31, 2009
Hi The Weather Man!

First of all, Myth does not "have the lowest damage AOE of all classes being 325" that is just simply not true. It is very mid range perhaps even trending towards the higher end. (The only class that's 4 pip AOE is higher is Fire's Meteor strike) Humongofrog deals a fair bit more damage than Blizzard or Sandstorm and actually surpasses a 4 pip Tempest at 320. So don't cry about that.

That being said, I do understand your concern about not really getting a good PVE AOE at 7/8 pips like all the other schools. That is true. Let's compare these 6/7/8 pip spells.

Earthquake 310/6=51.667 (the amount of damage per pip).

Earthquake 51.67 + remove all charms and wards

Ra 70-80
Power Nova 67.14 + weakness

Fire Dragon 113 as dot

Frost Giant 67.8 + stun
Snow Angel 95

Storm Lord 98.57 + stun
Tempest 80

Forest Lord 67.5-77.5

Scarecrow 57.14 as drain

Looking at this information we can see that if we assume that everything is "balanced" that KI rates the "remove all" feature as the most powerful, followed by drains, weakness and stuns and that that DOTs are preferred in dealing damage. That being said for PVE it would seem to be that you're right that Earthquake is probably a little underpowered and really not that useful in most PVE situations. (Humongofrog will do more per pip 66.25-81.25 and thus would be preferred.)

You forget one thing and that thing is the reason why I feel like you haven't received that desired update to Earthquake. ..... PVP

Myth destroys at PVP in a large number of levels. Removing charms and wards is INSANELY OP (don't even start me about the double stun from Medusa- UGH!). If KI was to make it so that Earthquake is stronger- you would get terrible backlash from the PVP community. So that's the reason it is why it is and I don't think it will be changing anytime soon. Which is sad for the PVE Conjurers.... That being said, Earthquake and Medusa are the reasons why I eventually made a Myth Character, otherwise I'd never have tried it.

A+ Student
Mar 31, 2009
The Weather Man on May 6, 2018 wrote:
(Disclaimer: Please do not use this thread to talk about life needing an AOE. There is already a thread about that, this thread is for Myth discussion only.)

Myth needs a better non-shadow AOE. Myth has the lowest damage AOE of all classes being 325 damage. As a max Myth wizard myself, I usually stick to Collosus because Humongofrog stinks at max levels. Earthquake also doesn't work. Earthquake is an embarrassment of a spell in my opinion. It takes 2 more pips than Frog but does the same damage. Only thing that is special is it removes shields and blades, which isn't even a problem because the AI isn't smart and doesn't do any of those.

Can we get a new 6 pip AOE? Like:

Manticore Swarm [6 pip]: 555 damage to all enemies and +25% damage to next attack

CONNOR LEGENDBANE 120
There is actually a spell that fits your request pretty well and isn't that bad It's called "Noble Humongofrog" and is available from the Humongofrog pet.

http://www.wizard101central.com/wiki/Pet:Humongofrog#axzz5EpvQyEMf

So all you need to do is hatch with someone or complete your level 58 pet quest (which is about the time that you'd get your level 8 spell anyway Medusa, (good lordy you're going to destroy us all.)

It does 75+525 =600 damage as a dot (similar to how Snow Angel is setup) but that adds up to 100 damage per pip (which is well within the normal Fire and Storm range which by no means is not weak...)

Hopefully that helps!

Mastermind
Mar 16, 2009
exp613 on May 7, 2018 wrote:
There is actually a spell that fits your request pretty well and isn't that bad It's called "Noble Humongofrog" and is available from the Humongofrog pet.

http://www.wizard101central.com/wiki/Pet:Humongofrog#axzz5EpvQyEMf

So all you need to do is hatch with someone or complete your level 58 pet quest (which is about the time that you'd get your level 8 spell anyway Medusa, (good lordy you're going to destroy us all.)

It does 75+525 =600 damage as a dot (similar to how Snow Angel is setup) but that adds up to 100 damage per pip (which is well within the normal Fire and Storm range which by no means is not weak...)

Hopefully that helps!
This, but I'd recommend the Wandering Eye pet instead. Its Lord Humongofrog is an 8-pip spell, but its damage is even better at damage (870-930 damage, 108.75-116.25 dpp). It's also not a DoT, so you can hit into Feints and be pretty well off. On top of it all, the Wandering Eye also gives you a Pet Item Blade for free.