Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Feedback Friday - 4/27/18

AuthorMessage
Administrator
Hello Wizards! The sun is shining, so I'm smiling! And since it's Friday, let's chat about something new, shall we?

Everything old is new again! On yesterday's KI Live, we talked about everything UNICORN (Dworgyn and I even dressed up!). We obviously already had unicorns in the game but we made the new Unicorn's Hoard pack extra special with that amazing mount, the adorable plushie, and all the rest!

So this week, my question is - If there was anything in game (MOB, NPC, Pet, Mount, etc) we could make new again, what would it be?

Looking forward to your thoughts. Have a wonderful weekend, everyone!

Standard disclaimer applies: We do not guarantee to use each and every idea submitted, and questions we pose may or may not be pertaining to things we are currently working on, or will ever undertake. Sometimes, there are just technical limitations that make changing things difficult to impossible, and though we possess all manner of magic wands here, there are technological beasts out there that are beyond our grasp. Sometimes, we may not feel it is within the spirit and vision of the spiral to add or change something. Also, we realize that some of these topics may have been addressed before in other threads - sometimes it's good to pick up a discussion again. Chances are I have read your threads and would like to hear more!

“If the Mind is like a candle, the Heart is like the sun.” Professor Falmea
Survivor
Aug 21, 2010
Above all else, what I would love the most is if the original crowns gear was made new again. Not the stats, but the looks/designs being reused on new gear (like how the new golden key boss drops the daredevil's set under new names).

The old crowns shop gear in my opinion is still the best looking gear in the game, but unfortunately next to no one that I know that still plays has it anymore. Would absolutely love if it all came back for the 10th birthday. :D

Survivor
Apr 20, 2010
I'd like to see an update to Gamma's 3D spiral map so that it includes the most recent worlds. Then turn it into a housing item because it looks so cool.

Mastermind
Feb 07, 2010
It's an ambitious project, would probably need to be spread across multiple updates, but the fact that the first five worlds, Wizard City through Dragonspyre are made up mostly of modular pieces of street that snap together like toy train racks is outdated. I would want them replaced with more unique things. For instance, some duel circles on Unicorn Way can be on a road shaped like a horseshoe, with Lady Blackhope's tower in the middle, Triton Avenue could have a dock area, and so forth.

Survivor
May 30, 2009
Some of the older textures in the game need a little bit of updating because they look bad. For instance, the prestigious gear set looks very low in resolution. I love the design of the gear but the bad resolution and quality is stopping me from stitching it. Small things like that would make the game a lot more enjoyable in my opinion. It doesn't need to be the best graphics in the world, it just needs to fit with where the rest of the game is now.

Survivor
Feb 18, 2012
Survivor
Aug 02, 2013
I'll like to see more details in Mooshu's backgrouds.
Mouth and eye movement in most NPC before Khrysalys.
For gameplay, I would like to cast lower pip spells first, making low pip spells useful for their speed.

Champion
Feb 06, 2010
Professor Falmea on Apr 27, 2018 wrote:
Hello Wizards! The sun is shining, so I'm smiling! And since it's Friday, let's chat about something new, shall we?

Everything old is new again! On yesterday's KI Live, we talked about everything UNICORN (Dworgyn and I even dressed up!). We obviously already had unicorns in the game but we made the new Unicorn's Hoard pack extra special with that amazing mount, the adorable plushie, and all the rest!

So this week, my question is - If there was anything in game (MOB, NPC, Pet, Mount, etc) we could make new again, what would it be?

Standard disclaimer applies: We do not guarantee to use each and every idea submitted, and questions we pose may or may not be pertaining to things we are currently working on, or will ever undertake. Sometimes, there are just technical limitations that make changing things difficult to impossible, and though we possess all manner of magic wands here, there are technological beasts out there that are beyond our grasp. Sometimes, we may not feel it is within the spirit and vision of the spiral to add or change something. Also, we realize that some of these topics may have been addressed before in other threads - sometimes it's good to pick up a discussion again. Chances are I have read your threads and would like to hear more!
ALL NPCs in Wizard City need some help... a lot of the NPCs look kind of the same. I didn't want to tell them they needed a makeover... didn't want to hurt their feelings lol

Also, it would be cool for Ambrose and his team to have a nice quality HD look. Like seeing his beard move when he is talking (kind of like Pirate101 NPCs). Very welcoming to new & old players!

And maybe with the new remodeling of Wizard City, we can finally see a night sky!?? That would be SOOO cool during Halloween time!

A+ Student
Mar 31, 2009
The NPCs and backgrounds etc. of the Old Worlds. Just so that it's more lively. One potential idea is to has the Storyline have us return to some of the Original Worlds. So while in Empyrea and the Arcanum perhaps we have to venture back to Krokotopia to gather a special reagent for our new spell. Or chase Spider to an area in Mooshu. Basically- it may be possible to overlap some of the revamps with new content. I think that Crowns players would appreciate getting to use some of their old areas, but you could also add new areas that are for the higher level players.

Essentially- I'd love to see the Old Worlds become New and be intertwinned with the continuing storyline. I think that would be cool, but I would do that with some caution as some players might freak if they feel that it's too much focus on Old Worlds, but I think it would be cool!

JMO

Thanks for reading!

Explorer
Dec 15, 2009
There are so many answers I could give...how about when we go to Aegon Statz and he tells us our daily reward quest, we also have a tab to see the quests for all levels. That way we know what our other wizards have to do, we don't have to bring them all to Ravenwood first to find out.

Champion
Jun 26, 2009
How about a complete revamp of pvp? From spell rebalancing to remaking the turn system.

Survivor
Jan 24, 2012
This is totally random but I really love the old cat pets (fire cat, storm cat, black cat, etc). If you could make some more cat pets with the same look as the fire cat (maybe a life cat or myth cat?), I'd really like that! Same with the heck hound and storm hound.

I also loved the old Selena Gomez quest from 2010. It was one of my favorite quests ever. I have no idea if you could bring that back but if you could, that'd be great.

Survivor
Jul 25, 2012
Older spells, especially Forest Lord. It desperately needs an update!

Defender
Jul 24, 2011
Survivor
Mar 06, 2013
Phoenix Mount (As a stat mount please)

-Phoenix

Level 125
Level 69
Level 21

Defender
Mar 04, 2012
Professor Falmea on Apr 27, 2018 wrote:

Oh wow that’s a hard one I love the way the old animation looks but if i had to choose I’d say maybe the Ravenwood Professors I’m really curious as to what they would look like in the new animation I know some of us graduated from Ravenwood already and more will when they get to that part in the story but I’d love to still have Ambrose and the Professors call us to them every once in a while it’s always fun to go back to the good old days

Survivor
Sep 16, 2008
The original ponies (starshine, sunshine, black, brown ect..)
The old broom mounts could use a retexture for those who stil dare to ride them.

For npcs we could really use a rehashed Ambrose with maybe an epic billowing beard and a bright glowing staff along with a matching gamma the owl. They are the first characters you see in game so they should wow people.

Other npcs that'd look good updated are: Argus Haroldson in the library and prospector Zeke since he is on every world.

For mobs I'd like to see the skeleton bosses like rattle bones or sgt Skull splitter get their own models as the ghoul and banshee bosses were updated a long time ago to look separate from their npc versions. The harvest lord would look good updated too.

On another note I would love to one day see new character models.

Survivor
Apr 05, 2010
I personally missed my chance at the "The black and white Meowmodon" way, way back in the day and I wanted to suggest it for this because I would absolutely LOVE the chance to get one hopefully soon!
Thx for considering!
-Quinn Wildglade

Survivor
Aug 02, 2013
a new remake of Moon spells!!!!
Can the transformations add stats to our wizards instead of just ignoring them? If this happens, moon spells would be a very good way of adding new strategies for both PVP and PVE.

Armiger
Jan 18, 2010
In regards to the whole idea of making new again I realize you guys have already started to do this, especially in a couple spells such as:
  • Sandstorm (Card is now updated).
  • School Barriers (School Global spells now look completely different from how they did a couple years ago).

Now, I want like to see the thought be continued into a few more spells and other aspects of the game. What do I mean? Allow me to elaborate:

Update all the AoE's or at least most of them with side effects to have them hit all mobs at once and also add the side effect all at once as well. - This is a very long-awaited feature!

Graphics - While it's no secret that a graphical overhaul seems to be on it's way, I just wanted to cement how much needed this is. I would love to log into the game one day and see things such as:
  • NPC's lips moving.
  • NPC's having different facial expressions.
  • Leaves blowing.
  • Trees moving.
  • Much more 3-D Animations.
  • All 2-D and old structures becoming 3-D.
  • More weather implemented in certain areas such as snow falling in Colossus Boulevard.

We look forward to all that you've in stored for us!

Delver
Nov 25, 2012
I would like to have a new set of school gear bc I think everybody love wearing magical school clothing, it's very popular.

Delver
Nov 25, 2012
I remember when house dungeons like exalted krokopatra and rattlebones were very popular, maybe we can have more one shot dungeons like them, with old npc which are not longer in the game anymore?

Delver
Nov 25, 2012
If I could make somrthing new and helpful at the same time I would go for the char creation section when u first create your char. Add more options to add like eye colour, new hair styles, new faces, and maybe new animation like the npc in mirage have, if it's about how they move their eyes or mouth, or how they move with their body... simething that will give more life to the players' chars.

Survivor
Mar 14, 2017
if you could make a new mount it can be a dragon mount not like the ones we get from zeke in dragonspyre but like the dragon from the dragon fire spell or a mount like a sofa or chair and floats magically without any support

Jonathan mooncrafter fire - lvl 125

Survivor
Jan 15, 2009
New, less cartoonish textures for the worlds, that are very different to the current ones please. Or at least an option to switch to different textures, for the non-kid, more older players. I love playing this game, but sometimes the textures put me off, i would love to see new textures that those of a certain age, similar to the open chat settings, could enable if they wanted to.

I understand this game is more targeted towards younger kids, and more family friendly, however an option to have a more 'adult/mature' feel to the game would be nice too. But that's me. Seems like a lot to ask, but i wouldn't know.