Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Titles

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Aug 16, 2016
So, when I’m in a group battle I see titles under our names. Like: Child of Light and shadow, Sunken City Survivor, other things. What do those mean? I have the Bookworm title, what does that mean? And will it change in the future/how do I change it?

I’m a life wizard, lvl 33

Delver
Oct 18, 2009
Bagel123107 on Apr 24, 2018 wrote:
So, when I’m in a group battle I see titles under our names. Like: Child of Light and shadow, Sunken City Survivor, other things. What do those mean? I have the Bookworm title, what does that mean? And will it change in the future/how do I change it?

I’m a life wizard, lvl 33
Those are badges you get them for completing certain quest or defeating a certain number of specific enemies you can change it by going to your character tab and looking until you find badges then you can click on the title you want and see your progress towards badges you've discovered. There are currently about 433 of them so if you want to get all of them its going to be quite an undertaking.

Armiger
Jan 18, 2010
What you're referring to are called 'Badges'

Mr. Lincoln explained in when you got your first badge. It represents a symbolism of an accomplishment you attained.

For example:
  • The badge Sunken City Survivor is earned after successfully completing the dungeon Sunken City located in Nightside.
  • Bookworm, your current badge is rewarded by Zanye in Krok for completing a couple quests.
  • Undead Stalker is rewarded for defeating 50 undead creatures.

Most badges are earned after one defeats X amount of a particular creature (undead, elementals, giants, globbers etc.).

In the same breath, quite a few are rewarded for just defeating a boss such as how defeating Lord Nightshade results in the "Wizard City Protector Badge."

Few are rewarded for completing side quests such as Crafting (Novice Crafter, Apprentice Crafter etc.), Zeke's Quest (Wizard City Explorer, Mooshu Explorer etc.)

Some are also rewarded for completing activities such as Gardening (Legendary Gardener, Transendent Gardener, etc.), Fishing (Gone Fishin', Fisher Queen etc.), PvP (PvP Captain, PvP Veteran etc.)

So, as you can see, there are many badges within the game most of which are excusive to certain activities that most be done in order to attain them.

A few of us wizards have made it our goal to attain them all.

Good Luck.