Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Spell Fizzle Percentage

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Apr 19, 2018
Is it supposed to be designed that when you become a member your spell fizzle chance increases? I am a Storm mage and although the spells I use have a 70% chance of failing, my actual cast rate is around 40%. Is it meant to happen so you buy some kind of charm or Anathema to increase your cast chances? This is extremely frustrating, especially during boss battles.

Armiger
Jan 18, 2010
Your chances of fizzling is only altered by your:

Accuracy
Charms (Positive/Negative).

Now, as a storm, there are many avenues you can explore in order to decrease your fizzle rate. A few are:

Increase School Accuracy Stat - Wearing gear that increases your accuracy can greatly help! If you need assistance here (post again).

Jewels - Equipping jewels that increase accuracy can also help to decrease your fizzle rate. Consider it.

Treasures - Finally and possibly the most easiest way you can work on your accuracy is by using treasures; specifically, treasure enchants. Consider purchasing Astral Spells from the bazaar that's aim at increasing accuracy. Cards such as Accurate, Sniper, Keen Eyes etc. can greatly improve the accuracy of your storm cards.
They are treasure enchants, so they will have to be placed within the side deck. Using, for example Accurate on a storm hit will increase the accuracy from 70% to 85%. As you can see, that's quite an improvement.

Being a member has nothing to do with your accuracy.

You improve your accuracy by applying the techniques I mentioned above.

Stick through it..

Good Luck.

Delver
Nov 16, 2017
Star Edward was coaching me about exactly the same thing a couple months ago. My Storm wizard couldn't last through a duel because of the fizzle rate. You don't say what level you are or what land you're playing in but I tried a little trick that helped some. In Celestia, when we're allowed to get sun spells for accuracy and boost, my Storm wizard chose the accuracy ones. Storm spells all have some power, so instead of boosting them with Tough or Monstrous (cards with a fist), use the bow and arrow ones like Sniper. In Celestia you can train for these spells to go in your deck and it's much easier than having to get into your treasure cards all the time. And, as Edward says, be choosy buying your gear. He was a Storm so he knows. Studying the wiki pages help too. Find out where the jewel vendors are. If you're doing the daily task build up your count of Arena tickets so you can buy better gems from the guy in Unicorn Way. You can do it.

Sydney Skyblood lvl 80 Fire

P.S. I also like to use Henchmen if you've got the crowns. Have fun.

Squire
Jan 21, 2010
It is worth knowing that each time you fizzle, your next spell has a reduced chance to fizzle. This continues until you successfully cast a spell, that includes traps, blades, wand blasts, and heals which already have a 100% accuracy rate. Blade and trap first, then just keep casting your attack spells The first may fizzle, the second is unlikely, the third usually doesn't, the fourth almost can't fizzle (unless and accuracy curse is floating around you.)