Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Critical not adding up

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jun 30, 2012
So i'm questing with a storm and he has 288 crit or 54% and i have 253 but only 38%. Is this correct because storm is OP! and the game is set like that or is this a bug? please, if it is a bug. Please fix is. we are both lvl 76 in avalon. if i work it out myself i should get around 48%...i went with if 438 is 83% at lvl 79, then 253 is 47,9% or 48%. 288 crit works out though. (288/438)*83 = 54%. Help pleaseif i am just being paranoid and it is correct. how do you work out the crit for lvl 75-80?
-Mason RavenRider

Survivor
Jun 02, 2017
If you hover over your critical rating or block rate under character in your spellbook it should show you. This is what mine looks like.

+16 (Wolf's Hardy Robe)
Total critical hit: 3%

Hope that helps!

Survivor
Feb 10, 2013
Something you probably haven't noticed: Leveling up changes your Crit stat.
Something I find annoying is that the percentages awarded for the Crit stat do not stay the same as your level changes. Not only that, Critical is not 1 to 1. It's exponential.

On my Lv 60 necromancer:
43 is 6%
51 is 7%
147 is 26%

if you played with your stat, you'd have similar results. and you'd more than likely notice that a number close to the ones I listed are not the same percents. I recall talking to a friend who had a Lv 100, and I was just starting out on a new character. I transferred a pet with Crit stat (somewhere around 20 or 30) and it gave me like 7% or something crazier than that. He marveled that on him that was 1% or something.

Basically, KI decided to make it hard to calculate and you should disregard your concern.

Explorer
Jan 12, 2013
Critical percentage is not a linear increase. Going from 0-100 critical does not result in as big a increase in percentage as going from 200-300, and much less than 600-700.

It is also affected by level - a level 125 wizard needs a higher critical number to achieve the same percentage as a level 50 wizard. As you level up, your critical percentage will drop unless you get better gear to raise your critical stat.

If you combine these two things together - it is fairly easy for any wizard of any level to get 20% or so critical percentage. If you want a high critical percentage (70-100%) you will need to have all your gear, jewels, pet talents focused on critical. e.g. having a quad critical pet isn't much use unless your gear and jewels are also focused on critical.

Survivor
Jun 30, 2012
Thank you all for your comments, you have cleared my mind of this. Thank you again!