Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Can't enjoy this game

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Mar 25, 2018
The PvE in this world is nice, and I really liked the nostalgia value for this game. Unfortunately after even putting a good sum of crowns into this game, I just can't get an enjoyment out of it. I have been a wizard since 2007 (older accounts), and now being fully grown up I can now take a good look and evaluate my experiences.

My issues with the game revolve around PvP and Pets.

Although the Kiosk came into play a while ago (which is really good for eliminating the problem that "nobody wanted to hatch with me", it would take days, maybe weeks (depending on how frequent someone plays) to get the gold you need to hatch just one pet (which is why it was hard to find someone to hatch with). A grind, if you may call it.
(More on pets here in a second)*

PvP to me is also something I wanted to enjoy, but there are a few things that tamper with the experience.
I am a casual player, and for someone that started out in this game with nothing, it's very hard to play PvP without someone strolling in with vetted gear and *a pet that just has perfect stats. Maybe even putting treasure cards into practice (which really grinds my gears). What if I just wanted to casually play PvP without having to grind all the pets and gear and just play pure vanilla with other players so at the least it feels more fair to everyone?

So with that in mind...

Would it have hurt to give practice and ranked a "Classic" branch? Tourneys got it right with that, why not the rest?
Now before you say "But that would ruin ranked and practice", I did say a "branch". So in other words: It'll be it's own separate "Game-mode", that newer players can more likely enjoy. I call it "Ranked Classic" and "Ranked Practice". Even ranked players can get a special title of "Classic Warlord" or something like that.

This being my suggestion for making a newer player's experience more fun and enjoyable in the PvP spectrum, I hope maybe some kind of Implementation occurs to help lend a hand for people like me that started with nothing recently.

Wizards I hope you have a better time than me. In the meantime, I'll keep an eye out for this particular update, and if it comes out than I will most certainly come back to check it out. Goodbye everyone, for now.

~ Nicholas Silversword
~ Nicholas Lionheart

Astrologist
Aug 23, 2016
Yeah, PvP is a real tough nut to crack into. Completely agree with everything you said about that.

Pets...

This new kiosk is definitely geared towards the Pet Breeder contingent of the community. I can almost hear the sneering at the offering of my first generation pets.

At least I still have to get my Wizard through Khrysalis, Polaris, Mirage, and Empyrea.

Steven Ghoststalker

Survivor
Nov 26, 2012
I've been playing awhile, and have discovered that I "don't PVP". I suppose I could, but it isn't fun, to defeat the very characters I'm helping. (1148 assists, team manager) The entire game is fun, going to places, to clear out monsters, who are definitive bad guys, and discovering chests and plants, along the way. That much is stress free. When the game conspires to make it harder, either with a spell book that doesn't work, a trip to fizzle city, or just an encounter that happens on the sidewalk, most of the time it's still do-able, but when it isn't it does not contribute to the 'fun' of the game. No one likes a defeat at the hands of a poorly constructed game. If I spend time making sure I have spells to damage, and then go into combat and find that the six spells I left, to show up occasionally in case of need, are all the choices I have, it says something. (not random, pre-programmed) When a spell misfires, three times in a row, just so the monsters can cast their spells. (it would have done for them, if it had worked) you realize that the game is constructed to make it harder than it should be. The worlds are hard enough, and one can spend a year, just getting through dragonspyre, if you don't play hours a day. You cannot 'buy' anything to make dragonspyre easier, and if you could, it wouldn't reveal all the things you need to find, while there. Only time will suffice, and you DO NOT need anything to make it 'harder', (unless you have too many players, and want to drive some of them away) You need easier places to play, even if it would take months to level, because not everyone is born with a controller in his hand, and the hand-eye coordination of "bullseye" {marvel.com/universe/Bullseye#axzz5D98loGGN} With this in mind, it would behoove the planners/programmers to expand the game laterally, with more places for characters under level 40, and perhaps some areas where exploration is more important than successful encounters.

Survivor
Mar 25, 2018
Sorry, I realized I made a typo. I meant to say "Classic Practice"

Survivor
Jul 01, 2016
I can’t enjoy this game because of the amount of noobs in hard dungeons. Tbh, none of the dungeons are hard if u have good teamwork. I hate noobs with 65 damage coming in and blading themselves and saying that they r tired of being told what to do. Like seriously. You should blade the person with best offensive stats ONLY.

Defender
May 11, 2013
Anavil12345 on Apr 21, 2018 wrote:
I can’t enjoy this game because of the amount of noobs in hard dungeons. Tbh, none of the dungeons are hard if u have good teamwork. I hate noobs with 65 damage coming in and blading themselves and saying that they r tired of being told what to do. Like seriously. You should blade the person with best offensive stats ONLY.
I hate smug little children who call others "noob" and complain when they don't play the game "their way". Everyone pays to play the game one way or another and that being said no one should tell someone else how to play. On the other hand talk to each other, agree on who will "hit" and who will "blade the hitter" and everyone will be happier.

Illuminator
Aug 03, 2016
Doctorvongizmo you said "more on pets here in a second" but I didn't see any "more on pets." I'd love to hear your other thoughts on the topic of pets in Wizard 101.

Survivor
Oct 23, 2010
RedDragon877 on May 10, 2018 wrote:
I hate smug little children who call others "noob" and complain when they don't play the game "their way". Everyone pays to play the game one way or another and that being said no one should tell someone else how to play. On the other hand talk to each other, agree on who will "hit" and who will "blade the hitter" and everyone will be happier.
I've got to say, I kind of disagree with this. I understand the "everyone plays their own way" deal, but some people play in a way that slows everyone else down. Noob isn't really the right term for people who do that. I'd say obnoxious is more fitting. The other guy who called them noobs has a point; would you really want to play with someone that's uncooperative? You said they should talk it out and decide who will hit etc etc, but the other guy was talking about people who are "tired of being told what to do" and generally are a nuisance to play with. I can't tell you how many "noobs" I've come across that will use my feint on a wand hit just because they don't want me to hit. If it's an accident and they're willing to learn mechanics of the game, I'll be glad to hang out with them, but someone who deliberately ruins other's fun is just... ugh.