Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Feedback Friday 4-13-18

AuthorMessage
Administrator
It's Friday, we've got a new Spring Update out, and it's a glorious day for Feedback!

Today, let's talk about those shiny new Loading Screens! We're really excited for them and we hope you love them as well. So this week, I'd like to ask this - which new loading screen is your favorite? If you could create a new special loading screen for something (maybe a unique one to enter the arena for PVP or the pet park), where would you put it and what would it be?

Have a wondrous weekend Wizards!

Standard disclaimer applies: We do not guarantee to use each and every idea submitted, and questions we pose may or may not be pertaining to things we are currently working on, or will ever undertake. Sometimes, there are just technical limitations that make changing things difficult to impossible, and though we possess all manner of magic wands here, there are technological beasts out there that are beyond our grasp. Sometimes, we may not feel it is within the spirit and vision of the spiral to add or change something. Also, we realize that some of these topics may have been addressed before in other threads - sometimes it's good to pick up a discussion again. Chances are I have read your threads and would like to hear more!

“If the Mind is like a candle, the Heart is like the sun.” Professor Falmea
Survivor
Apr 03, 2012
I would like one for raven wood considering it is a large part of the game and its story. it would probably depict each of the NPCs and maybe something to represent each of the trees as well. it would probably be in similar fashion to the arcanum loading picture(Group picture), and the location would be in front of Bartleby.

A+ Student
Mar 31, 2009
In the 5 B.O.X.E.S. Event when you go to Skull Island there should be one from Pirate101- that would be quite the nod. I like the new loading screens, but if there were multiple for each world that would be awesome too. (Like how in Pirate it cycles through them featuring Bootchbeard and Gandry). I think my favorite loading screen is the Original one-only because I've been playing Wizard for years and I'm a nostalgia junkie. I think the Wysteria one is my favorite new one though. The Arcanum looks pretty good, but it's almost too high resolution for me for some reason.

Survivor
Jan 24, 2012
Professor Falmea on Apr 13, 2018 wrote:
It's Friday, we've got a new Spring Update out, and it's a glorious day for Feedback!

Today, let's talk about those shiny new Loading Screens! We're really excited for them and we hope you love them as well. So this week, I'd like to ask this - which new loading screen is your favorite? If you could create a new special loading screen for something (maybe a unique one to enter the arena for PVP or the pet park), where would you put it and what would it be?

Standard disclaimer applies: We do not guarantee to use each and every idea submitted, and questions we pose may or may not be pertaining to things we are currently working on, or will ever undertake. Sometimes, there are just technical limitations that make changing things difficult to impossible, and though we possess all manner of magic wands here, there are technological beasts out there that are beyond our grasp. Sometimes, we may not feel it is within the spirit and vision of the spiral to add or change something. Also, we realize that some of these topics may have been addressed before in other threads - sometimes it's good to pick up a discussion again. Chances are I have read your threads and would like to hear more!
The Wizard City loading screen is my favorite. It's gorgeous!

I would love to see loading screens for each house in the game. All of the houses on Wizard101 are so beautiful. I think the loading screens for the houses could be truly spectacular.

Armiger
Jan 18, 2010
Prof, the spring update is one that will forever be remembered.

The loading screens are a blessing!

Most of us got extremely tired of looking at the same old screen for as long as we've been playing!

But, mind if I suggest a few things?

I would love to see more loading screens. Many wizards have made creative fan art around the spiral. It would be good if you guys could hold a contest allowing winners art to be used throughout the spiral.

Those could be some nice and impressive loading screens!

Also, would love to see the screens updated per holiday, similar to how Pirates have it.

It's Christmas? Have a few main NPC's celebrating the holidays! You know?

Survivor
Mar 14, 2017
my new favorite loading screen is the one of the Arcanum and if I could make a new loading screen for the pet park
it can be like a wizard running and the pet following him/her. And for the arena for pvp it can be like two wizards fighting or Diego the duel master can stand with the arena as its background .

Historian
Jun 19, 2010
New Screen Shots are fantastic.

Potential Ideas for new screen shots:

Screen Shot Series for every Professor, Villain, and NPC. Screen Shots can be of individual in battle, as well as doing normal, routine things.

It would also be cool to see a Screen Shot where all the Professors and Villains are in silly, everyday normal circumstances (i.e. everyone together in one scene celebrating a specific character's birthday, at a picnic, together for a holiday function, playing sports together, etc...).

Additionally, how about...

...Fan art Screen Shots.

...Contest Winner Screen Shots.

...Contest Non-Winner Screen Shots.

...Holiday Scene Screen Shots.

...Every Professor's House or Tour of Their Homes Screen Shots.

...Screen Shots of every Professor, Villain, or NPC, captured in childhood moments.

...Screen Shot of every character standing in line waiting to get a on an amusement park ride called Wizards 101.

Survivor
Oct 10, 2017
I would love to see a loading screen for wintertusk.

Survivor
Jun 07, 2009
Be nice if the Bazaar had a new screen -- since we all go there so much -- Shopping Shopping Shopping

Survivor
Apr 15, 2009
Professor Falmea on Apr 13, 2018 wrote:

I think the Golem Court should have one. Maybe the Pet Pavilion as well. Speaking of which, why has KingsIsle decided to start calling it the “Pet Park”? I’ve played this game since 2009 and when I first heard it I was like “what’s that?”. It bothers my nostalgia. Please stop doing that KingsIsle. It’s the Pet Pavilion.

Armiger
Jan 11, 2012
I think that the screen to the world portal should be an overall image, but the loading screens getting to the individual areas should be area specific. For example, when you're going from The Shopping District to Colossus Boulevard, you should see snowmen and gobblers in a scene, but when going from Colossus Boulevard to The Shopping District, you should see an image of a flee market, or a shopping center, or something similar (perhaps even a map of the shopping district itself). The Pet Training Center image should be an image of pets working out, themed for the games. So like one in a tutu dancing, a few racing each other, some pets doing archery, etc. When going from outside of a school, to inside of a school, there should be an image of the Teacher on the loading screen.

I know, that's a lot, but customization will make for a more refreshing game.

Defender
Jul 27, 2010
Hmmm... my favorite one would probably have to be the Dragonspyre, it has such an aura of seriousness and menace, adding on even more to my favorite world in the Spiral.

If a new loading screen were to be added, I think it would be cool to have one for Wintertusk and not just being shared between Grizzleheim as well. I think it would also be nice to have an option in the settings to keep the old loading screen, for the players who'd still like to see it not just in their houses.

Thomas Wildstaff, 94

Survivor
Sep 25, 2011
Additional Loading Screens

- Crab Alley can be shared with Waterworks.
- Loremaster because why not?

- Upper Zigazag can be shared with Lower Zigazag and House of Scales.
- Kembaalung Village can be shared with Pagoda of Harmony and Hollow Mountain.
- BarkingHam Palace can be shared with Statewing, Main Hall, and Rooftop.

- Halloween themed loading screen to the 3 towers, tower in Unicorn way, tower in Triton Avenue, and the dungeon located in the Dark Cave. They can all share the same loading screen.

- The "Krampus" dungeon for Christmas.

Final Dungeons

- Wizard City: Sunken City
- Krokotopia: Temple of Storms
- Marleybone: Big Ben
- Mooshu: Tree of Life
- DragonSpyre: To the Great Spyre
- Grizzleheim: Nastrond
- Celestia: Celestian Sanctorium
- Wysteria: Lord Bramble's Tower
- Zafaria: Mirror Lake
- Avalon: Keep of Ganelon
- Azteca: Xibalba
- Khyrsalis: Morganthe's Chamber
- Polaris: Horizon Hold
- Mirage: North Sands of Time
- Empyrea: HeadQuarters

Housing Gauntlets

- Fantastic Voyage Expedition
- Grand Tourney Arena
- Midnight Sun Pagoda
- Spiral Cup
- The Great Clock
- Winterbane Hall

- Baddle of the Bands
- Krokopatra
- Meowiarty
- Rattlebones
- Tanglewood Terror
- Zeus Challenge

For PvP the most memorable ones are: Wizard City, Wysteria, and Grizzleheim.

- Wizard City: Random wizards fighting in the center with random Gobblers, Professors, and random wizards cheering them on.
- Wysteria: Random wizards fighting in the center with random Pigs, Professors, and Goblins cheering them on.
- Grizzleheim: Random wizards fighting in the center with random Ravens, Bears, and Wolves cheering them on.

Special Note: Please avoid choosing pets during the battle because you can't please everyone.

For the Pet Pavilion just focus on the main area that shows almost everything. Here this is where you can focus on the pet art. To save time and resources just use the generic pets you find in the pet venders and maybe throw in a crown shop pet or two.

Survivor
Sep 16, 2008
How about one for houses with a scaffolding around the royal playhouse and wizards placing decorations in the distance.

Or perhaps one for the five boxes event with the B.O.X flying through space.

For PVP you could have a circle ring with a person casting storm giant with a wizard shielding themselves from the strike with wizards of other schools of magic around the arena as the background and Diego the duel master posing out the front.

One more suggestion is have shots of bosses looking menacing for dungeon areas to make them seem more important. grub for sunken city, krokopatra for Tomb of storms, meowiarty for Big Ben ect..

Explorer
Jan 22, 2012
Since we already have the new hatchmaking kiosk in the pet pavilion which I love, a loading screen for when you enter the pet park would be wonderful! Maybe have the pet master npc on it pointing towards everything. Love the new update thank you so much

Daniel
Lvl 125

A+ Student
Dec 24, 2009
Which new loading screen is your favorite?

Well, after going through them all last night I can confidently say the Wysteria scene is my favorite. It made me laugh (for real) to see Headmistress Crisp looking so peeved while the piggles where up to no good behind her, right there in her own office.

If you could create a new special loading screen for something (maybe a unique one to enter the arena for PVP or the pet park), where would you put it and what would it be?

I'd like to see unique loading screens for each of the houses currently available in the game, something to show off the best features of the house.

Another idea, have a unique screen for every schoolroom in Ravenwood and in the Arcanum, one that shows us the humor, heart and personality of each professor. Who are they really...?

Alia Misthaven

Survivor
Aug 08, 2012
I would put a new loading screen for Ravenwood, the Pet Pavillion, the Arena, Olde Town, and maybe the Shopping District. It seems like a lot but I think a lot of other players would enjoy it. For the Ravenwood one, it would be similar to the "graduation" after Khrysalis where it represents all the schools infront of Bartleby. For Pet Pavillion it could have an animation of Milo Barker and a whole lot of different pets running around infront of the hatchery with the minigames in the background. For the Arena I think that a battle ring (similar to the old commericals where it would be wizards against Mailistare) and have Diego in the middle pointing his sword to the winning side in maybe the Wiz City arena or the Dragon Spyre arenas (they are my favorite). For Olde Town maybe a picture with the 3 street guards in the middle and have the Bazaar building in the back with the ghost from the Saphhras Tower in the background, along with Baulder and his ship aswell. As for the Shopping District maybe you could have one section of the screen dedicated to the many different holidays that you guys at KI have events for, (Halloween, Easter, Christmas). Hope that this helped. As always thank you for many years of fun and hope that there are many years to come. Sorry about the essay btw xd.

From,
Nicholas LegendHunter (125)

Survivor
Apr 05, 2011
Maybe update the original splash screen and use it to start the game or make it the PVP splash screen since PVP is mainly for duels.

The Entrance to Ravenwood should have the professors like the Arcanum screen.

The holiday special dungeons have their own screens.

The final arc boss fights have their own screen when entering the dungeon to fight them.

Loremaster, Waterworks and other dungeons that people farm a lot should its own screens.

Key boss rooms have their own screens.

Yes, it would be some work to develop and they could be added as the art departments finish them.

Also, a thank you for the addition of the skeleton key drops in a location to the map

Just a humble Balance wizards still hoping for a balance only spear spell.

Administrator
Thanks for the feedback everyone! We've got at least ONE of these things (if not more of these ideas) planned for the future, so stay tuned! New topic shall be appearing shortly!

“If the Mind is like a candle, the Heart is like the sun.” Professor Falmea