Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Krakenkhamen

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Aug 31, 2014
I'm a level 20 Balance wizard with some myth spells, but no matter what i do I cant beat Krakenkhamen without help. Tips and tricks anyone?

A+ Student
Dec 24, 2009
These are the tips that helped my baby Balance:

1) Go into the battle with full health

2) Take out the minion with lower health first

3) Heal yourself when you health gets to half

4) Use blades and traps to make your hits stronger. Use treasure cards if necessary.

5) Use a treasure card Humongo Frog to take out the minion and damage Krok at the same time.
The frog is more powerful than your Sandstorm. You can buy them in the Bazaar.

6) Use team-up if you just can't get past this boss by yourself

Good luck!

Alia Misthaven

Survivor
Jan 04, 2018
I'd suggest leveling up a bit before your next attempt if it's really that difficult right now. That way, you'll be ready for the quests that follow, too. If patience isn't your thing, though, head to the Wizard City library and stock up on treasure cards.

It's also possible you just need some help for this one, and that's cool- I've been there. If you don't have irl friends that play, ask in the Commons or Bazaar if anyone is willing to battle him with you.

Hope this helps, and good luck!

Hannah Stormsong
lvl48

Armiger
Jan 18, 2010
Okay, the Krokenkahmen shouldn't be too difficult as an adept sorcerer. Here's my thoughts:

Deck - Have your elemental shields in, place in a couple weakness, balance blades, heals and a couple hexes. You can add Lotus Swarm too as well as a Scorpion or two. You shouldn't need anything else (notice I didn't say any Myth Spells).

Gear - Get some adequate level 20+ school only gear from the Bazaar if you don't have any crowns to explore the various packs in the crown shop.

Wand - Try picking up the wand from the bazaar that adds an extra pip upon battle start (Wand of the Oasis). It's there!

Treasures - Buy a few enchants; Tough, Giant, etc. you think you may need.

Battle - Firstly, don't shield on the first turn, rather, use a weakness on the boss. If the minion uses a weakess on you, wand it off the next turn. Shield when the opponents seem to be stacking up.
Use your balance blade and discard to enchant your sandstorm hit. A bladed enchanted sandstorm should severely hurt the boss and dispatch the minion.

Heal if necessary.

Finish the boss off with whatever means necessary. {Scorpion, Lotus Swarm etc.}

Good Luck!

Also, why are you learning myth?

Survivor
Aug 31, 2014
Thanks so much guys! With your help, I finally beat him! After 3 weeks!!

Also star, I have no idea why I invested in myth. It was a bad idea.