Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Feedback Friday 3-29-18

AuthorMessage
Administrator
Hello Wizards! Welcome to a special edition of Feedback THURSDAY (since tomorrow is a holiday)!

Today, let’s talk about the new Hatchmaking Kiosk that’s on Test Realm right now. We’re really excited about this one, and we heard your concerns and are actually quite excited to bring you more changes next week with Test Realm including this one:
  • Once a specific pet is in your Pet Tome, you no longer need to pay Crowns to hatch with it in the Hatchmaking kiosk.
So, with that change in mind, what do you think about the new Hatchmaking system? Have you used it yet on Test Realm? Have you hatched with a Hatch-of-the-Day pet? Have you crafted any hatch pepper recipes?

Looking forward to your feedback! Have a fierce Friday and a lovely weekend everyone!

Standard disclaimer applies: We do not guarantee to use each and every idea submitted, and questions we pose may or may not be pertaining to things we are currently working on, or will ever undertake. Sometimes, there are just technical limitations that make changing things difficult to impossible, and though we possess all manner of magic wands here, there are technological beasts out there that are beyond our grasp. Sometimes, we may not feel it is within the spirit and vision of the spiral to add or change something. Also, we realize that some of these topics may have been addressed before in other threads - sometimes it's good to pick up a discussion again. Chances are I have read your threads and would like to hear more!

“If the Mind is like a candle, the Heart is like the sun.” Professor Falmea
Survivor
Oct 12, 2012
I have used the Hatchmaking Kiosk during test realm and think it's brilliant! It's so annoying having to scour forums for hatch candidates. Integrating it right there makes it easier for pet owners to advertise themselves and for others to find that perfect pet. Yes, most players' best pets are their school pets. At least mine are. But I still think crowns pets should be integrated and coupled with a Gold fee. You see, it is possible to hatch with crown pets for gold normally, so I don't see why the kiosk should differ in that way. If you're looking for a way to balance it out, you could just charge both players for the crowns pets? Though I still wouldn't suggest that over integrating them with gold. Keep up the good work, can't wait to finally get my ice a pet!

Explorer
Jan 22, 2012
I love that change, and I love the hatchmaking kiosk! I think it’ll completely revolutionize the way we hatch pets. I trained up a acid rain cloud to adult already and loving the results so far.

Daniel
Champion Necromancer lvl 125
Only Mostly Done

Armiger
Jan 18, 2010
Happy Easter Professor F!

Now, let me just say:

"Once a specific pet is in your Pet Tome, you no longer need to pay Crowns to hatch with it in the Hatchmaking kiosk."

A couple of us were just speaking about this today about a possible change we could see about a pet, especially the older ones requiring crowns to hatch and allow me to just say; I'm quite surprised to see such a change/update be implemented so quickly!

Wow!

I've to give credit where it's due!

Thank-you for considering and quickly working on this area of the Kiosk!

Armiger
Jan 18, 2010
It's for that reason (above) and (below) I just had to chime in on this one!

Champion
Jun 26, 2009
While I haven't done test realm for this update the hatching kiosk is a pretty awesome idea. Perfect for those who don't have the resources to make really good pets. I have a few really nice ones I will make available when the update goes live.

My question is why make such a really good feature in the game, especially for those that don't have. Then make the cost so high for them to participate?

Gold & crowns? Your overdoing it.

Armiger
Jan 18, 2010
As it relates to the Kiosk, here are my thoughts:

It was a phenomenal idea - Again, this will be one of the highlights of this year as it relates to updates. The Kiosk allows players searching for that one pet or that one talent or sets of talents to have a much higher chance of finding it! Especially without the worry of being scammed or anything of that order. Definitely a long time coming!

User Friendly - I particularly enjoy the user-interface but consider having an option allowing us to search for pets by the talents they have as well. Many of us are looking for particular talent traits or pools, so this option would make things a little easier.

Crowns Pets - Great idea again removing the crown payment feature! This will definitely increase player participation.

Have a Brandon - Similar to the team-up Kiosk, I believe that an NPC should become available useful and rare items for sale for gold of course, or even some of the peppers, or a combination of both. A few items could be the energy and reset-timer elixirs (again, available for gold) based on badges awarded through the Hatchmaking Kiosk.

That is all for now.

Great Idea Again!

Survivor
May 16, 2013
Oooo, yes, how wonderful! That is a delightful update that I will definitely be taking advantage of (spec. the no pay after the first time)!

I'm very excited about the hatching kiosk, but my main thing is designing houses and decorating in the game (castle magic buff here, too). So my investment in the hatching kiosk is that it allows me to search for pets based on their appearance when I add them as characters or decorations of the house I create. I suspect most pet enthusiasts are more in it for the stats, and I'm not sure how many non-crowns pets there are with formidable skills. Still, I think the idea promotes kindness and sharing in the community alongside the team-up kiosk which really helps to nurture a friendlier community. So I'm very excited for it.

As for hatch peppers, I personally have only gotten 1 (Not from a pet I've offered, but with a pet I used to hatch). One thing to mention, also, is that I usually hatch with the sea dragon (a crowns pet), which as far as I've heard has a high chance of getting the other pet back, and I suspect that practice will be similar for other people after appearances (using rare crowns pets like the sea dragon since the theory is you're likely to get a less rare pet back).

As for the hatch recipes: love the idea, but most of the recipes that require them seem to require a lot of them (for instance, the potions if I remember correctly). I'm wondering if you could ever add more items in addition to the pet snacks (perhaps like housing objects, even) that require smaller amounts of peppers (like 15, 20, 30, etc.). This might be as simple as a watermelon item or the floating balloon car item which are both in the pet pavilion area. Just a thought! :)

Thank you for everything you do, Professor Falmea! Your hard work is very appreciated, and we love your KI Live videos with Tom! Hope you have a wonderful Easter holiday!

Armiger
Aug 03, 2014
I am so happy to see KI has changed it so people are only having to buy/obtain a crown body type once! I wonder if my wizardy-senses are right in predicting a possible new member benefit of no crowns required at the kiosk too?

I'm so glad that anyone wanting to make copies of my crown pets will be able to work on them without having to keep paying once they get the body type. I have some lovely crown pets to share and felt sad that copying them would be so excessively expensive through the kiosk.

Thank you KI!

A+ Student
Dec 24, 2009
I'm really looking forward to this new release and have several wizards madly farming/gardening for pet snacks in anticipation! *rubs hands gleefully*

In the test realm, I made four test hatches and got back my own pet's body type all four times. Not sure if that was intended on your part or just a coincidence since it's such a small sample. The stats and talent pool, though, were amazing!!! So amazing, in fact, that I wept silently when I had to note in my hatching ledger: test realm only. These test hatches can't be a permanent addition to my pet family.

There was a Flamenco Muerto that I was interested in featured as a Hatch of the Day, but I didn't have much gold left and besides, it would hurt my heart even more to hatch a Flamenco and not be able to keep it.

As for the pepper recipes, I don't think there's any realistic way for anyone to accumulate 100 or more peppers in just the short time the test realm is open. I've got about seven total from the week. A lot of my best pets that I would love to share in the hatcher, can't go in because they're crowns pets.

That includes my Fire's Efreet pet, for some strange reason! (Can you please look into that? Efreets are Fire school pets, they should not be coded as a crowns pet.)

Over all, this hatchery is a fantastic addition to the game and I really look forward to sharing my pets and hatching some great hybrids.

Alia Misthaven
Rowan Ashcloud

Survivor
Dec 08, 2008
First off I must express I am extremely glad for this upcoming change. With this little tweak I feel confident the Hatchmaking kiosk will be as successful as it could possibly be.

Although I have tried using it, I confess it was to a small extent since it's Test Realm and all. However I absolutely love the concept, it's very refreshing to have tools to aid our hatching process which has been a nightmare for too long.

From new players seeking to make their first good pets, to veteran players wanting tiny improvements or just a slight variant, Hatchmaking is amazingly useful to everyone... in fact it's easy to see this feature as one of the few with unlimited potential and helpfulness. In summary this is one of the best addition ever implemented to the game, one I'm very thankful for.

No doubt many players will be looking forward to see these updates on Monday. Until then, have a great weekend and a happy Spring Leah and everyone at KI!

~R

Explorer
Sep 25, 2016
I haven't used the Hatchmaking Kiosk yet because Test Realm is closed at the moment but it looks really cool! I'm considering trying it out once Test Realm opens up again!

Survivor
Mar 14, 2017
Once a specific pet is in your Pet Tome, you no longer need to pay Crowns to hatch with it in the Hatchmaking kiosk.

well its really useful and no need to worry about crowns yay

Squire
Jul 09, 2010
Professor, I have a question.

My sister has a Fog Unicorn she cant hatch up because no hatch can yield a Fog Unicorn egg.

Can she use the kiosk to hatch it up and just get Fog Unicorn eggs back? And would she need crowns for that?

Astrologist
Feb 28, 2014
Professor Falmea on Mar 29, 2018 wrote:
Hello Wizards! Welcome to a special edition of Feedback THURSDAY (since tomorrow is a holiday)!

Today, let’s talk about the new Hatchmaking Kiosk that’s on Test Realm right now. We’re really excited about this one, and we heard your concerns and are actually quite excited to bring you more changes next week with Test Realm including this one:
  • Once a specific pet is in your Pet Tome, you no longer need to pay Crowns to hatch with it in the Hatchmaking kiosk.
So, with that change in mind, what do you think about the new Hatchmaking system? Have you used it yet on Test Realm? Have you hatched with a Hatch-of-the-Day pet? Have you crafted any hatch pepper recipes?

Looking forward to your feedback! Have a fierce Friday and a lovely weekend everyone!

Standard disclaimer applies: We do not guarantee to use each and every idea submitted, and questions we pose may or may not be pertaining to things we are currently working on, or will ever undertake. Sometimes, there are just technical limitations that make changing things difficult to impossible, and though we possess all manner of magic wands here, there are technological beasts out there that are beyond our grasp. Sometimes, we may not feel it is within the spirit and vision of the spiral to add or change something. Also, we realize that some of these topics may have been addressed before in other threads - sometimes it's good to pick up a discussion again. Chances are I have read your threads and would like to hear more!
Professor Falmea. Does this update make it easier to tell the difference between 1st and 2nd Generation pets? The way it is now, some of us have a hard time knowing which one is the original one to us for a successful hatch in a tempt to get someone else's pet.

A+ Student
Dec 24, 2009
Patrick Ravenbane on Apr 1, 2018 wrote:
Professor Falmea. Does this update make it easier to tell the difference between 1st and 2nd Generation pets? The way it is now, some of us have a hard time knowing which one is the original one to us for a successful hatch in a tempt to get someone else's pet.
In the hatch-maker, a first generation pet has a sort of 'sun' icon in the upper right corner by it's type. The icon looks similar to this (same general shape and color):

So yes, you'll be able to tell.

Alia Misthaven

Survivor
Jun 27, 2009
Hello Professor Falmea! This is my first post in Dorms and the message boards here. So I have been looking through videos and through my friends at the changes in the quality of life in Pet Pavillion. So far you've done a lovely job. The pet hatch maker is a wonderful idea, I'll make sure to help out as much as I can, and I do love that you've added pet names. A lot of people will find joy and hilarity from all the new names. Though the update reminded me of one thing. When I first started playing the game I had a Black Cat (named Merlin.) He and I were close, and whenever I was playing Wizard101 at home he would be right there on my lap, at the desk, or close to me. I even purchased the black cat pet at the time and used it even when I would've been better off using my wraith (which was at the time not pet derby and had a 5%+ pip chance). When he died, I was heartbroken enough that it even made me quit the game for a while cause I couldn't bear playing it without him there. Obviously, after that while I came back since I'm now posting to this message board. Anyway, I'm here hoping that the name Merlin (or Merle) is added to the large name roster, maybe along with a bunch more regular names. I know a lot of people would appreciate more normal names for their pets along with many silly ones, and I'm no exception.

Administrator
Thanks for the feedback, everyone! We're looking forward to introducing this one to Live Servers (perhaps with a few more pets available...).

Helenie - it plays by the same rules as the regular hatchery, so I'm afraid if it's not possible there, it wouldn't be possible in the kiosk.

New topic coming up shortly!

“If the Mind is like a candle, the Heart is like the sun.” Professor Falmea