Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Players Birthday presents.

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Nov 26, 2012
I searched this, and saw nothing concerning it since 2009, what ever became of the idea of providing a birthday present to subscribers? It's incentive for becoming a member, it's also a way to make your players feel special. Only one, per year, and nothing of any value, really. Just a way for the person receiving it to feel like a person, and not just another number on a balance sheet. It should be unique, like a birthday cake with a candle, or maybe a 'birthday fish' that you can catch. Even something as simple as "the hall of birthdays" where you can go to open your 'birthday chest', on the day, or near it. I just had my birthday, and got nothing, so I was feeling like it would be worth looking into. Sorry if it's a bad idea, but the players who brought it up, back in 2009 seemed to think it worth discussing. I agree, but for some reason it never 'made the cut' as an idea.

Survivor
Jul 19, 2012
Well, I'm pretty sure the reason for them not putting it in the game is that it would probably be hard to have one of the questions on the loading screen be "when is your birthday" and you get a birthday present whenever that date comes around. There's over 1 million people playing Wiz, so having an AI give birthday presents to every person on that exact date is a LOT of coding and time. Maybe someday when they are not working on making other worlds or bosses or different graphics, they'll make something for this but at this time when Empyrea is out and a bunch of other worlds were hinted at like The Floating Lands and The Broken Shores and so they're more worried about doing work on these worlds and not other things. I'd love to see this in the game though - my Birthday was very recent as well! :D

Happy *late* Birthday!

~Logan LegendShade, Lvl 90

Armiger
Jan 18, 2010
This isn't a bad idea.

I get where you're coming from with this whole idea of birthday presents

Who knows, we may see something like this done during KI's upcoming birthday celebrations.

But, you shouldn't ignore the countless opportunities and possible gifts KI has given to subscribers and even non-members over the past few years.

From free crowns (during the 12 Days of the spiral event, Online Quiz, Daily Quests) to the more controversial gifting of items based on your joined date (this seemed to be retired because of the backlash it received).

KI also has been providing many deals as it regards to Memberships and Crowns and we've seen sharp increases in Member Benefits compared to say; 2014.

These things cannot and should not be overlooked, but rather appreciated

But, like I said, your suggestion isn't a completely awful one.

A+ Student
Mar 31, 2009
I kind of like this idea-though I don't know if Wizard101 collects users Birthdays? I don't remember. If not perhaps they could do it on your account creation day? So it's your Wizard's Birthday!

Explorer
Nov 18, 2010
Not sure about birthday presents but another game I have played gives players a gift on each anniversary of their join date which increases in value for each year or access to buy a special bundle which can only be bought by people who have hit that anniversary year.

Armiger
Aug 03, 2014
Taylorash9 on Mar 28, 2018 wrote:
Not sure about birthday presents but another game I have played gives players a gift on each anniversary of their join date which increases in value for each year or access to buy a special bundle which can only be bought by people who have hit that anniversary year.
If they did add some kind of recognition for a players birthday it would be more appropriate if it was the wizard's birthday (eg the account) as some people do not have a birthday stored and cannot add one and also online gaming is about escaping reality. Personally I am old enough I don't need reminding I am getting older rofl. However, my wizards getting a birthday quest with a little reward (doesn't even need to be an item, it could be manders singing happy birthday haha) would be quite funny each year

Just as a little side note that may or may not be important (it's hard to know how relevant it is since neither applies to me personally) but in some cultures it is considered very bad luck to wish someone 'happy birthday' before the actual day (time zones could cause this to accidentally happen in game) and some religions consider celebrating birthdays to be dangerous/inappropriate. So there are 2 more potential reasons to perhaps keep it related to the wizard/account birthday instead of the player's personal birthday.

Squire
Jan 21, 2010
I have played MMO's that celebrate the birthday of your character. The game remembers the creation date of your characters and sends them a gift on the anniversary of their creation.