Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Feedback Friday 3-23-18

AuthorMessage
Administrator
Spring has sprung, the Test Realm is hopping, and it's Friday! So, let's chat!

Today, let's talk about collections... specifically of pets! What do you think of the new Pet Tome on the Test Realm? What do you like most? What would you improve? How many pets do you have in yours? Who's closest to having a complete tome?

Have a fired-up Friday, and a wondrous weekend!

Standard disclaimer applies: We do not guarantee to use each and every idea submitted, and questions we pose may or may not be pertaining to things we are currently working on, or will ever undertake. Sometimes, there are just technical limitations that make changing things difficult to impossible, and though we possess all manner of magic wands here, there are technological beasts out there that are beyond our grasp. Sometimes, we may not feel it is within the spirit and vision of the spiral to add or change something. Also, we realize that some of these topics may have been addressed before in other threads - sometimes it's good to pick up a discussion again. Chances are I have read your threads and would like to hear more!

“If the Mind is like a candle, the Heart is like the sun.” Professor Falmea
Squire
Jul 09, 2010
I like it but wish it was way more helpful

In Two Parts

I like that the Pet Tome adds the pets automatically and that you can use the Shared Bank to pretty easily update the Tome on any character. But as it is now, I don't really get the point. It was neat to learn that there are over 700 pets in the game. But that's it. Over in Test Realm boards I said I was hoping that it's actually still in development, because I can see how – if it turns out to work as advertised –it could be really useful.

I wish I could open the Pet Tome and see the list of all the species I have. Then click on a species and go to a new page or set of pages (depending on how many unicorns I have) and see a list (like in my backpack) with every individual by name. And if I hover on a name I get the same readout I have in my backpack now and if I click on that name it takes me to the petnome card for that individual –just like in my backpack now. [This part isn't redundant because our backpacks don't sort by species or hold as many individuals details as the Pet Tome]
And on the Individual Pet View I wish the age of the pet also showed.

I wish I could add all the pets on my account to one Pet Tome and hatch with myself or offer them to hatch at the Kiosk –straight from the Pet Tome (no matter where they were on my account – and not in my backpack.)

cont. in part 2

Squire
Jul 09, 2010
Part 2 of I like it but wish it was more helpful

But it could also tell me where the pet was IF I wanted to find it and get it. Character's name – house, attack, bank or shared bank—interior or exterior.

P.S. I wish the Kiosk ...or the mad scientist inside the Hatchery could splice the DNA of two pets giving us the Petnome card in the form of a different species.

I wish I could go about the normal (read nightmare) process of getting a "perfect" pet and once I'm happy I could copy that pets Petnome Card and stat numbers and hatch them exactly into a new egg of another species. So I could take that perfect Sprite and hatch her card onto the new Spring Chicken pet after I train him to adult. Then the baby would be a Spring Chicken but the percentages and talents are a clone of my Sprite. It would cut out so much pain and frustration.

And you could make it painful by requiring both pets be Ultra before they splice. But for the players who HATE pet work but want the helpful cute pets –we'd pay for it gladly. And it's not different from relying on Crown Gear to make the game easier or relying on drops in game for your gear. One way is free or cheap and WAY harder – the other gives KI money and is WAY easier and less time.
Please think about it.
And thank you for everything you do. :D

Survivor
Aug 19, 2013
personally not really impressed with the tome .. most likely something i will not ever use. what I would like to see is either a stable for mounts or a kennel for housing pets .. or both .. something like the seed bins would work great ..

Survivor
Feb 28, 2009
i maxed out at 15 pages and still had lots of pets left to count inside my last house also some directory of where they are, their level and manifested talents would be great

Champion
Feb 06, 2010
Professor Falmea on Mar 23, 2018 wrote:
Spring has sprung, the Test Realm is hopping, and it's Friday! So, let's chat!

Today, let's talk about collections... specifically of pets! What do you think of the new Pet Tome on the Test Realm? What do you like most? What would you improve? How many pets do you have in yours? Who's closest to having a complete tome?

Have a fired-up Friday, and a wondrous weekend!

Standard disclaimer applies: We do not guarantee to use each and every idea submitted, and questions we pose may or may not be pertaining to things we are currently working on, or will ever undertake. Sometimes, there are just technical limitations that make changing things difficult to impossible, and though we possess all manner of magic wands here, there are technological beasts out there that are beyond our grasp. Sometimes, we may not feel it is within the spirit and vision of the spiral to add or change something. Also, we realize that some of these topics may have been addressed before in other threads - sometimes it's good to pick up a discussion again. Chances are I have read your threads and would like to hear more!
Very Interesting, I love it and will definitely calm down the "hostile" environment.

Mastermind
Feb 07, 2010
I'd add something to the concept of pet snacks to go along with the tome. A symbol on the card that indicates the type of snack, so that there's no question whether it's a fruit or vegetable, or what.

Oh, and that thing that's going on in The Commons, you should call it the "Renee-vation".

Survivor
Oct 03, 2010
gg for the graphics update of the commons and shopping district after 10 years of the creation of the game, please update the graphics of all areas
and the loading screens they are good too

what new i wanna see and i think a lot of people want is to get a dungeon with like 200 stages and each stage becomes harder and harder and the final stages drop awesome stuff but also they are very very hard to achieve and on each stage they should be different so this will be interesting new addition and i think it's way easier to make than a new world , i'd want to see a new world but i would rather take 3 months of delay and get something that i can do and never get bored of than a world that i will finish in 3 days or less and then i will have nothing to do, you gotta create something that will perm interest us

Survivor
Jun 09, 2009
Pet tomes is a great addition,although I think what many of us wizards would really love in the game is a pet vault.We can only have 50 pets in the houses and filling our banks and attics with pets takes away from available slots for other items.With all the available pets including hatched hybrids, collectors simply have an over abundance of much loved pets and not enough room.Please would you consider a pet vault. Thank you.

Defender
Nov 08, 2009
I think the pet tome is great. I would add how many of that pet you have, school and talents.
I would also like to make a request for a new quest. A quest in Polaris for level 100 wizards and up, that can not be ported in. This quest will be for training pets. We can go into like a restaurant setting and feed our pets to gain experience and level them up.
Having seven level 125 wizards, I have done my share in playing the games. I have done all the worlds, before each was made easier and portals where made. I have been here from the start (shy of 4 months). Yes a lot of the new wizards don't know how hard of a time we had. Darkmoor was great should have never been changed.
But, I am tired of the pet pavilion games.
With a feed and level up restaurant. I for one would train a lot more pets.
And how about an extra touch. Like Stitching talents. A failed pets talent at mega can be stitched with a talent that has not manifested.
I have ran these ideas with other wizards and they all love it
Makes us happy KI

Explorer
Jan 22, 2012
I love the Pet Tome and the Hatchmaking Kiosk. They are both gonna make pets much easier to get and enjoy.
I would also love it if the hatchmaking kiosk could sort pets out by talents as well, for example, a triple double school pet or a critical pet, or utility pets, and have tabs like you do for the schools

Daniel
Champion Necromancer lvl 125
Only Mostly Done

A+ Student
Dec 24, 2009
The pet tome is a nice addition to help us keep our pets organized, or to track our pet collections as they grow.

To that end, I would love to see our pet's first-generation pedigree added to the petnome. For example, a basic first-gen Ice Cat has a pedigree of 30. But a Polar Cat or Blizzard Cat is 56, a Frozen Cat is 53, and an Arctic Cat is 52.

Also, could we see how many of each type of pet we have?

The Monstrology tome keeps track of details like those, so it seems like programming the pet tome to do so as well would be a fairly easy adjustment.

To answer your other questions, I have no idea how many pets I have, but enough to earn well beyond the third badge. I have a ton of pets, but most are the results of failed hatches that I didn't have the heart to trash or sell. In terms of collecting, therefore, I'm nowhere near having a complete tome.

With regard to the new pet badges, it would also be nice if they gave us some idea of how many pets are needed to earn the next level. For example, I've got a badge in progress that reads "??? ??? ???" and have no idea what that is for. I think it's on page 3 or 4 of the pet badges section.

Thanks for this update!

Alia Misthaven

Squire
Jul 09, 2010
Helenie Nightseer on Mar 24, 2018 wrote:
Part 2 of I like it but wish it was more helpful

But it could also tell me where the pet was IF I wanted to find it and get it. Character's name – house, attack, bank or shared bank—interior or exterior.

P.S. I wish the Kiosk ...or the mad scientist inside the Hatchery could splice the DNA of two pets giving us the Petnome card in the form of a different species.

I wish I could go about the normal (read nightmare) process of getting a "perfect" pet and once I'm happy I could copy that pets Petnome Card and stat numbers and hatch them exactly into a new egg of another species. So I could take that perfect Sprite and hatch her card onto the new Spring Chicken pet after I train him to adult. Then the baby would be a Spring Chicken but the percentages and talents are a clone of my Sprite. It would cut out so much pain and frustration.

And you could make it painful by requiring both pets be Ultra before they splice. But for the players who HATE pet work but want the helpful cute pets –we'd pay for it gladly. And it's not different from relying on Crown Gear to make the game easier or relying on drops in game for your gear. One way is free or cheap and WAY harder – the other gives KI money and is WAY easier and less time.
Please think about it.
And thank you for everything you do. :D
"But it could also tell me where the pet was IF I wanted to find it and get it. Character's name – house, attack, bank or shared bank—interior or exterior."

That address of the pet idea was supposed to read
"Character's name --house, attic, bank or shared bank - interior or exterior."

Squire
Jul 09, 2010
Blaze03554 on Mar 24, 2018 wrote:
Very Interesting, I love it and will definitely calm down the "hostile" environment.

Blaze03554, could you please elaborate?

Squire
Jul 09, 2010
chrislionheart66 on Mar 24, 2018 wrote:
Pet tomes is a great addition,although I think what many of us wizards would really love in the game is a pet vault.We can only have 50 pets in the houses and filling our banks and attics with pets takes away from available slots for other items.With all the available pets including hatched hybrids, collectors simply have an over abundance of much loved pets and not enough room.Please would you consider a pet vault. Thank you.
Fashion, gear, jewels and seeds WITH THEIR LIKES (please) being in a vault tucked away nice and neat are great, but pets in a vault?

I do wish there was a special pet house that could take as many pets as we wanted to put in there. And here are some of the conversations I and other's have added to on the idea

Squire
Jul 09, 2010
OH and I wish the Pet Kiosk was prettier - not so much like the Duel Team Up thing in Old Town.
Maybe it could be in the style of the Hatchery building?

And I wish the Tome and Kiosk capabilities were extended as discussed in this Feedback Friday :D
https://www.wizard101.com/forum/the-dorms/feedback-friday-7-19-13-8ad6a4173ff0ec8d013ff92310d317cc

Magical Pet Knowing Crystal Ball

Master Housing Inventory Books

I'm just hoping that if the Pet Tome can be expanded in its functionality and the Pet Kiosk works as it's been described...the combination of those abilities would make that idea of the Pet Knowing Crystal Ball and the Master Housing Inventory Books possible.

Survivor
Feb 20, 2009
For those of us who aren't that skilled at reading pet lines and rely more on luck when creating pets, I'd like to see a sigil in a building (like maybe in a vet building just right outside the pavilion) where for a cost of 10,000 gold, you can see what talents are on the pet, but not know which talents will manifest except during training itself.

Mastermind
Nov 27, 2013
here is what I expect to see in the pet tome:

Pets by species, expandable to show individuals with their names, age, talents and LOCATION.

It should work like an index of your pets. So if you know you have a redcap with maycast baloney sandwiches, you can look it up in your tome and it tells you he is summering on the beach in your ISLAND GETAWAY.

Now you can go and retrieve him (I'm sure it is too much to ask that you could retrieve him directly from the tome) and hatch that valuable talent into your next magnificent pet.

I'll tell you what would be even better.

If you would let our pets LIVE IN THE PET TOME so they wouldn't be banished to endlessly wandering some desolate arctic wilderness all the days and nights of their lives.

But I suppose that is a project for another day. Thanks for listening.

Champion
Feb 06, 2010
Helenie Nightseer on Mar 25, 2018 wrote:
Blaze03554, could you please elaborate?
Sure, I was leaning more toward the Pet Kiosk.

Before, if you asked certain people to hatch with you, they would fly off the handle, and called you a noob or criticised your pet talents... when really your just playing the game the way it was designed.

Not anymore! The Kiosk will do all that for you under the table!

Administrator
Thanks everyone for the feedback! I've passed these thoughts on to the pet-wrangler Wizards on the team and we'll consider them for future updates to the Pet Tome and pets in general.

Also, "Renee-vation" made me laugh out loud. That's great!

A new topic shall be posted shortly!

“If the Mind is like a candle, the Heart is like the sun.” Professor Falmea