Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Am I a high enough level for MB?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Apr 29, 2015
I'm a level 30 Diviner and it feels like I'm struggling so much with every battle and I don't know why. I'd be happy to list out equipment/spells I use if the information would help. Any advice?

Defender
Dec 26, 2016
You're actually a little over the average level for when people go to Marleybone. Have you done Mount Olympus yet? The sky iron hasta is great for damage and the gear you get from there is at least worth checking out.

Also how many cards do you bring into battle? Do you often find yourself discarding more than 4 cards every round just to get the right one, only to die when you finally get the card? If so, it's time to trim down your deck to just the essentials (2x blades, 2x pixies, and 2-4x attacks is the standard).

A+ Student
Dec 24, 2009
Storm suffers from very low health, low defenses, and a high fizzle rate. The way you survive as a Storm is to increase your damage and accuracy as much as you possibly can. Get gear that boosts damage and accuracy. Add jewels that increase your accuracy. If you can hatch a pet that helps with healing, accuracy, damage or defense, that's also going to make a huge difference.

For level 30, the very best gear comes from Mt. Olympus, a tough dungeon Cyrus Drake in Myth school will tell you about. You're going to need a team to complete it, but the gear is amazing.

Your second school should be one of these three: Life for Satyr, Ice for Tower shield, or Death for Feint. That's it.

Do not use second schools for hits now, otherwise you'll be paying too much in pips for weak spells. (If you do get a mastery, I'd suggest Life is the only one worth having, so you can heal yourself with a Satyr.) Now is the time to begin really learning how to operate your Storm spells. The key is using blades and traps to boost damage. Storm's motto is: hit once, hit hard or go home.

As for your battles in Marleybone, for street mobs you'll only need your Tempest and a couple of blades. Wait until you have 5-6 pips, then drown them. If they are Storm mobs, give yourself 6 pips or higher, otherwise 5-6 is fine.

For Marleybone bosses, however, you need to switch tactics. First, kill the minion. Once he's gone, check your health and heal/shield ASAP. Then, set up a single hit on the boss and take him down. If your health gets low, heal yourself again.

If he is a Storm boss, be sure you have Prisms in your spell deck. Place the prism first thing on that Storm boss, as soon as you possibly can. Then place traps. The traps will boost your Storm hit and then the prism will turn it into Myth damage. You may also want to carry a Myth wand to remove any Myth shields he tries to play.

Good luck!

Alia Misthaven, 122
Sierra Stormcaller, 101

Armiger
Jan 18, 2010
Greetings!

Welcome to the Message Boards!

Now, onto your query. At level 30, you seem about just right for Marleybone. Many diviners seem to struggle with this world as well.

Now, here's what I suggest:

Gear - Your gear should focus on damage and accuracy. Health and resists are important too! But that doesn't do much good if your spells are unable to hit. Consider doing Mount Olympus a couple times for the senator gear and staff there. It's really good!

Treasures - Do you know of the school treasure enchants? Spells such as accurate, sniper or even keen eyes can increase the accuracy of your spells. Just visit the Bazaar, pick a few up and place them in your side deck. In battle, discard to draw one and use it on an attacking spell to watch it's accuracy increase if fizzling is a problem!

Deck - Your deck is very essential to winning matches. I usually recommend having at least two decks, one with a few cards (charms and wards along with a few AoE's [Tempest in your case] and rank II - IV spells) and one geared towards boss fights.

Jewels - Do you use jewels? They can be quite useful. Consider using the health boosting ones and even resistance and accuracy boosting ones as well.

Pet - How's your pet? A good pet greatly helps! I suggest using the Frankenbunny.

Going first - Going first in boss battles greatly helps! Consider quitting and re-trying until you're able to do so. If you're up for the challenge, then remain if you go second.

Good Luck!

Things do get better with!