Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

The color and music

AuthorMessage
Astrologist
Feb 28, 2014
I like questing in Dragonspyre and see the lave flow. But I think the questing music is too rough for my taste and there's too much red. Almost all I see is red and more red. I'd like to see more shades of purple and black. What do all you wizards think about questing in Dragonspyre?

Survivor
Sep 11, 2010
I think it's a bit depressing, but it's fitting. I can see your point of view on this.

Delver
Nov 16, 2017
Dragonspyre has always made me feel anxious and I dread going back in whenever I have to. Not sure why - music, color, maybe because, when I first started playing this game it's where I always got stuck. That being said, I'm now in Zafaria. And I do like the music. I have it as ringtones on my phone.

Sydney Skyblook lvl 62 Fire

Astrologist
Feb 28, 2014
Patrick Ravenbane on Mar 16, 2018 wrote:
I like questing in Dragonspyre and see the lave flow. But I think the questing music is too rough for my taste and there's too much red. Almost all I see is red and more red. I'd like to see more shades of purple and black. What do all you wizards think about questing in Dragonspyre?
I'd like to add: shades of blue

Illuminator
Aug 03, 2016
Patrick Ravenbane on Mar 16, 2018 wrote:
Hated Dragonspyre.

No offense intended to the devs or artists. I'm not sure how to sugar coat "hated."

Because I hated it.

In fact I think all that lava was the bottled up reaction of a lot of players, who saw Dragonspyre and went "aaaahhh! my eyeeessss!" their fury turned to more lava. The irony!

Purple? Red? Red orange? And more purple?

The music was like muzak cross with death metal.

Hated.

Astrologist
Feb 28, 2014
SparkleTude on Mar 25, 2018 wrote:
Hated Dragonspyre.

No offense intended to the devs or artists. I'm not sure how to sugar coat "hated."

Because I hated it.

In fact I think all that lava was the bottled up reaction of a lot of players, who saw Dragonspyre and went "aaaahhh! my eyeeessss!" their fury turned to more lava. The irony!

Purple? Red? Red orange? And more purple?

The music was like muzak cross with death metal.

Hated.
I agree, Every time I go in Dragonspyre I have to darken my screen. Seeing all that mixer of red and orange is hard on my eyes too. I don't know if it's just me or the all that red and orange is too much the human eye. The music is easy to turn off but not the color

Illuminator
Aug 03, 2016
Patrick Ravenbane on Mar 27, 2018 wrote:
I agree, Every time I go in Dragonspyre I have to darken my screen. Seeing all that mixer of red and orange is hard on my eyes too. I don't know if it's just me or the all that red and orange is too much the human eye. The music is easy to turn off but not the color
The contrast of the bright red and orange with the dark dark purple and indigo or blue makes it even worse. Don't know where to look to give the ol' orbs a rest.

Survivor
Jul 19, 2012
I do have to admit, Dragonspyre is a bit boring, but I think it's just preparing you for the new worlds which look AMAZING like Celestia (the next world)! Also, if you have downloaded the test realm you'd know that all of the graphics are going to be changing - including what water looks like so lavas texture very well could be changed too! Or at least I hope so.

Defender
Jul 27, 2010
I feel like I'm one of the only ones who actually likes Dragonspyre lol, it's actually one of my favorites. I feel like the tone and atmosphere were fitting, I never found a problem with the colors, in fact I actually quite liked them and though that they fit really well with everything. Though it would be kind of nice to have some colors that are more easy on the eyes, it can get degrading after a while.