Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Buyable pet skills

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Mar 11, 2017
Hello. I was thinking of a way for more interaction with pets outside the pet palace. What if we could buy fun skills to use with out pets for in game gold instead of crowns. For example "groom" for 40 gold allows you to pet and brush your pet. Or "treat" allows the player to give your pet a treat (with animation) for 40 gold and a "play" skill that can be many ways to play with your pet. Of course the skills are permanent to use anytime after being bought. Like the fishing skills. Good idea?

Astrologist
Aug 23, 2016
Yes, I find it sadly lacking that the only things you can "do" with your pet are the training games.

Those are some pretty good ideas.

Steven Ghoststalker

Survivor
Mar 11, 2017
Area51Alien on Mar 15, 2018 wrote:
Yes, I find it sadly lacking that the only things you can "do" with your pet are the training games.

Steven Ghoststalker
Thanks! Happy someone agrees!

Survivor
Mar 11, 2017
Area51Alien on Mar 15, 2018 wrote:

Steven Ghoststalker
Also, I'd like if they added a way for flying mounts to land and use on the ground, and maybe use a button to fly again? also add for interaction?

Survivor
Mar 11, 2017
Survivor
Mar 04, 2018
I would love buyable pet skills! But maybe some of them are spells that just cost A LOT that you can equip to a pet if it meets certain criteria. Like for example, the pet has to be a certain level and/or pedigree. Maybe school has some part also in what spells your pet is capable of learning.

Or pets can equip these spells with their jewel socket or maybe even buy a second heel socket?

Survivor
Mar 11, 2017
SunnyBunny110 on Mar 23, 2018 wrote:
I would love buyable pet skills! But maybe some of them are spells that just cost A LOT that you can equip to a pet if it meets certain criteria. Like for example, the pet has to be a certain level and/or pedigree. Maybe school has some part also in what spells your pet is capable of learning.

Or pets can equip these spells with their jewel socket or maybe even buy a second heel socket?
nice idea! maybe even a fun spell can be a singing spell. Maybe play a song game with notes above your pet. Like a match game or arrow key game. It seems cute in my head.

Defender
Aug 01, 2014
Flying in game on Mar 15, 2018 wrote:
Hello. I was thinking of a way for more interaction with pets outside the pet palace. What if we could buy fun skills to use with out pets for in game gold instead of crowns. For example "groom" for 40 gold allows you to pet and brush your pet. Or "treat" allows the player to give your pet a treat (with animation) for 40 gold and a "play" skill that can be many ways to play with your pet. Of course the skills are permanent to use anytime after being bought. Like the fishing skills. Good idea?
Maybe add another feature where your pet can become "satisfied" after playing with it for a while, and it will grant a higher maycast chance and stronger stats for a short time, but then also give the pets a satisfaction cooldown. Maybe if you try to satisfy them on cooldown they become tired and lose stats.

Survivor
Jan 05, 2015
I really like this idea!
To be honest, the pets are one of my main appeals to Wiz and I'm really sad that we can't do more with them! I think even something like interactive furniture for pets (Lets pets in your castle can use them randomly or when walking into them) or being able to see pets while your on your mount would be satisfying things for me.