Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Decent AoE for life?

AuthorMessage
Astrologist
Feb 28, 2014
I'd like to say; Recently I been questing my lower level life wizards through Avalon and I noticed Leaf storm is now in the gaming being cast by certain enemies. So that is a good hint that Leaf Storm may be available for Life school in the near future. Kingisle did say big improvement will come to Wizard101 for the 10 year in service. Who knows Maybe Life will be includes in that update. It's just my guess.

Astrologist
Feb 28, 2014
Lukeskywalker1313 on Mar 26, 2018 wrote:
I complete agree with that. It's the way the game should be in my opinion. Class should matter at the core. A little change of colour and change of animation does NOT make a class unique. Sure storm may do a little more, fire a little less- that does not matter. With the amount of tools at our hands there is no excuse for having classs that play same.

Storm should be glass canon with almost no healing or health

Life should be life: no damage only healing with no aoe

Fire is a aoe class- it should have no single hits that are not dots
Myth should only focus on minions and they should be op
Balance should have no skills but blades and minimum damage
Ice should have 0 dmamge but be almost immune, and it should most be a shielder
Death should be very weak: but have very high heal

I completely disagree, the classes have a trinity system for a reason. It's not GW2 be what you want to be. Classes are meant for team work, and it should be a STRUGGLE to use them on your own. That's the core point. Wizard101 is a strategy game. STRATEGY GAME. Does not come from having every single mechanic the same.

I think I made my point
What game are you playing. Your idea on Storm, Fire, Ice, Myth, Death, Balance and Life does not fit within the way wizard101 is deigned to be. Each class is already unique in it's own ways not counting animation alone. Kingsisle designed each school capable to survive while going solo including healing itself. For you saying 'Life should be Life: no damage only heals with no AOE". Then no one will want to play life because how would they fight and survive if it has no attack spells when choose to go solo? Every classes is already a struggle in it's own ways by many players. Team work comes from players helping and able to support one another in battles including healing blade and shielding if and when necessary for a win not defining how you think each school should be. Yes Wizard101 is a strategy game but the word STRATEGY means: people are free to choose how they want to battle, what gear, spells pet and enhancements they want to use while questing. Some may want to go solo. some may want a team, Some have different interest in where to get their battling needs. STRATEGY has nothing to do with single mechanic being the same. Again, every school deserves single and AOE hits with a minimum of one "heal other" spell That's the way Kingsisle designed Wizard101 ant that is the point.

Armiger
Jan 11, 2012
Patrick Ravenbane on Mar 26, 2018 wrote:
What game are you playing. Your idea on Storm, Fire, Ice, Myth, Death, Balance and Life does not fit within the way wizard101 is deigned to be. Each class is already unique in it's own ways not counting animation alone. Kingsisle designed each school capable to survive while going solo including healing itself. For you saying 'Life should be Life: no damage only heals with no AOE". Then no one will want to play life because how would they fight and survive if it has no attack spells when choose to go solo? Every classes is already a struggle in it's own ways by many players. Team work comes from players helping and able to support one another in battles including healing blade and shielding if and when necessary for a win not defining how you think each school should be. Yes Wizard101 is a strategy game but the word STRATEGY means: people are free to choose how they want to battle, what gear, spells pet and enhancements they want to use while questing. Some may want to go solo. some may want a team, Some have different interest in where to get their battling needs. STRATEGY has nothing to do with single mechanic being the same. Again, every school deserves single and AOE hits with a minimum of one "heal other" spell That's the way Kingsisle designed Wizard101 ant that is the point.
(quote) Again, every school deserves single and AOE hits with a minimum of one "heal other" spell That's the way Kingsisle designed Wizard101 ant that is the point. (end quote)

Myth, Fire, and Ice do not have a heal other spell. Myth and Ice dont even have a one step healing spell, and fire's is half attack and half healing (to self only). Fire's is ALMOST a life sap, but then not, it's this weird amalgamation of healing spells. It's not really a healing option beyond a certain point in the game in my eyes

Astrologist
Feb 28, 2014
dayerider on Mar 27, 2018 wrote:
(quote) Again, every school deserves single and AOE hits with a minimum of one "heal other" spell That's the way Kingsisle designed Wizard101 ant that is the point. (end quote)

Myth, Fire, and Ice do not have a heal other spell. Myth and Ice dont even have a one step healing spell, and fire's is half attack and half healing (to self only). Fire's is ALMOST a life sap, but then not, it's this weird amalgamation of healing spells. It's not really a healing option beyond a certain point in the game in my eyes
Thanks for catching that. I did not make myself clear on that part. I know Myth, Ice and Fire doesn't have "heal other". I meant to say and should have at least one "heal other" spell for a good team play. Because there's time when you'll be in battle without anyone to heal when you need it and "heal self' isn't always enough. Even Life needs a heal by someone else at times to stay alive to continue his part as a healer.

Illuminator
Aug 03, 2016
My Lifey still does not have the spell where the giant Bigfoot looking thing tears up the trees and attacks everybody.

When or where or how does that spell come about?

A+ Student
Dec 24, 2009
SparkleTude on Mar 29, 2018 wrote:
My Lifey still does not have the spell where the giant Bigfoot looking thing tears up the trees and attacks everybody.

That sounds like Forest Lord, which becomes available at level 58.

Alia Misthaven

Astrologist
Aug 23, 2016

Forest Lord is a Level 58 spell.

I believe there are some per-requisites but as soon as you have reached level 58 and done the per-requisites Moolinda Wu will summon you.

Hope this helps
Steven Ghoststalker

Astrologist
Feb 28, 2014

One of them is a Myth spell that I forgot the name of and the other is a Death spell ( Bonelord). I don't know were you can get them. They're not craftable nor Loremaster does not drop them. The similar spells to those 2 I've mentioned is Forest Lord at lvl-58

Armiger
Aug 03, 2014
Anyone against Life having a low pip AoE is afraid they will lose their dependant little healer minion wizards. Empowering Life wizards so they can gold farm or farm mobs for jewel drops etc really shouldn't pose that much of a threat to anyone. It's not like a 4 pip Life AoE is going to suddenly render any other school obsolete, nor will life wizards all suddenly throw aside their healer sets and insist on being main hitter when in a team!

A trained 4 pip Life damage AoE is way overdue!

Armiger
Jan 11, 2012
Patrick Ravenbane on Mar 31, 2018 wrote:
One of them is a Myth spell that I forgot the name of and the other is a Death spell ( Bonelord). I don't know were you can get them. They're not craftable nor Loremaster does not drop them. The similar spells to those 2 I've mentioned is Forest Lord at lvl-58
You see them in Darkmoor I believe and on some pets. Bonetree Lord is the death version, and the other one is from Aphrodite 2 boss fight and is Myth, though I couldn't find the name of the spell

Astrologist
Feb 28, 2014
dayerider on Mar 31, 2018 wrote:
You see them in Darkmoor I believe and on some pets. Bonetree Lord is the death version, and the other one is from Aphrodite 2 boss fight and is Myth, though I couldn't find the name of the spell
Who drops Bonetree Lord pet? That will be a cool pet for my Death wizard.

Armiger
Jan 11, 2012
Click on the link I posted above. The SPELL name is Bonetree Lord, the pet is the Wildwood yeti

Armiger
Aug 03, 2014
The Bonetree Lord pet item card is on the Wildwood Yeti, which can currently only be obtained from the Witch's Hoard Pack or through hatching. You can also get the treasure card version from Ultra King Parsley or the bazaar (when someone sells one from their plants).

Sadly the pet doesn't drop in game yet but since it also gives a blade and is super cute they are popular so finding one to hatch with shouldn't be too difficult....especially when the kiosk comes to live realm

Survivor
Jan 27, 2018
I also would've liked it if Life had a low pip cost AoE too.

Defender
Mar 18, 2012
Survivor
May 25, 2009
A low level AOE is needed. As a level 40 life, I could always use an aoe ability instead of fights taking 3x longer than they normally would on any other one of my wizards (death, Storm). I understand Forest Lord will be a very nice aoe spell, i'd just like to have that earlier or get a decent aoe earlier in the game (like every other school).

Armiger
Jan 11, 2012
I will make an additional comment here and say that IF life gets a new AoE, it must be given out at a RELEVANT point in the game. The way KI likes to fix spell issues is give another one when the new world is released at the level of the new world. Giving Life school and AoE at 130 would be POINTLESS. Life needs the AoE at 30 not 130. An EASY way to introduce whatever the new low level life AoE spell would be to make it a reward for finishing a world/area. A good place would be when you finish Grizzleheim but before Wintertusk.

Explorer
May 08, 2010
Potboiler was life 4 pip aoe treasurecard from the five boxes event. Aside from the tcs being rare due to it only being dropped by five boxes creatures/bosses (I believe, idk) if you could craft that, it'd be a bit better (but it'd take forever to craft on farming five boxes as well.)

I think Life just needs a 4/5 pip aoe. Doesn't need to be as much damage as Deer Knight, but maybe around a 200-300 aoe for 4 pips. Potboiler exists but the tcs are rare since it's five boxes itself, but they really need one. Every school but life has a low pip aoe

Storm- Tempest
Fire - Meteor Strike
Ice - Blizzard (pet snowballs even give a 185 damage aoe for like 2-3 pips)
Death - Deer Knight
Myth - Frog
Balance - Sandstorm
Life - ? (with the shadow, wings of fate exists, but it needs more damage imo)

Armiger
Jan 11, 2012
witchdoctor of awe... on Jun 8, 2018 wrote:
Potboiler was life 4 pip aoe treasurecard from the five boxes event. Aside from the tcs being rare due to it only being dropped by five boxes creatures/bosses (I believe, idk) if you could craft that, it'd be a bit better (but it'd take forever to craft on farming five boxes as well.)

I think Life just needs a 4/5 pip aoe. Doesn't need to be as much damage as Deer Knight, but maybe around a 200-300 aoe for 4 pips. Potboiler exists but the tcs are rare since it's five boxes itself, but they really need one. Every school but life has a low pip aoe

Storm- Tempest
Fire - Meteor Strike
Ice - Blizzard (pet snowballs even give a 185 damage aoe for like 2-3 pips)
Death - Deer Knight
Myth - Frog
Balance - Sandstorm
Life - ? (with the shadow, wings of fate exists, but it needs more damage imo)
The problem with Spell crafting is that you have to have done the quest locked Zafaria crafting quest before you can craft spells. By that time, the spell would be useless because we'd already have Forest Lord. Now, if they removed the quest lock function of the crafting quest, then it would be much more viable an option. Also, you cant count Tempest as a 4 pip AoE as it's an X-pip. The smallest designated pip AoE spell storm has is Storm Lord at 7 pips. It's the same thing with Deer Knight, which is what everybody stated was Death's fix. The issue with DK, and this crafted spell, is that it is NOT a school taught spell, and thus never a GUARANTEED spell. The ONLY way this would work is if it was given to life around L30 or so. It should be a quest spell, but unless it's a guaranteed spell, it will never address the problem, unless the quest lock option from Zafaria was removed.