Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Does this happen to anyone else?

AuthorMessage
Squire
Oct 29, 2011
In the more upperworlds such as Polaris and Empyrea, I find there is an issue with dropped items for specific schools. It is a more rare occurence to have a storm item drop for my storm wizard than for any of my other wizards. For example, my myth wizard got the storm triangle slot deck from rasputin after two runs while my wizard couldn't get it after countless runs. Sames goes vice versa where my myth won't get myth drops. My storm wizard always manages to get every other school gear piece when farming for a storm piece of gear. Just curious if this problem occurs with other people?

Armiger
Aug 03, 2014
Although it is technically possible, I doubt KI would have chosen to favour one school over another or go to the extra effort of writing code to make off school drops more likely. Off school drops are naturally more likely if the drops are equally available - we have 1 school drop that wizard desires but 6 we don't.

It's human nature to see patterns. It is our ability to identify patterns that helps us predict. It's been an essential survival skill since mankind existed. However, we also identify patterns and apply interpretation to it that fits but isn't necessarily accurate. It's only with a lot more information we can really see what the patterns are or in some cases, if there is no pattern to be found. As such, you're unlikely to get an accurate idea from here about the true patterns of the drops, though it is interesting and fun to discuss of course

I think across the game and across my wizards even though I've been luckier in some places than others or some wizards have felt luckier at times, over all it has probably been quite even. I think you're probably just experiencing the joy/frustration of RNG. I hope you get lucky and the RNG be ever in your favour so you get everything you're wanting quickly and with ease, without farming becoming a grind!

Good luck!

Explorer
Jan 22, 2014
It does happen, it happens to me a lot, but I don't think the game was programmed that way it's just a matter of luck.
Happy Farming!

~Natalie lvl 125
~Natalie lvl 49

Squire
Oct 29, 2011
Victoria FireHeart on Mar 5, 2018 wrote:
Although it is technically possible, I doubt KI would have chosen to favour one school over another or go to the extra effort of writing code to make off school drops more likely. Off school drops are naturally more likely if the drops are equally available - we have 1 school drop that wizard desires but 6 we don't.

It's human nature to see patterns. It is our ability to identify patterns that helps us predict. It's been an essential survival skill since mankind existed. However, we also identify patterns and apply interpretation to it that fits but isn't necessarily accurate. It's only with a lot more information we can really see what the patterns are or in some cases, if there is no pattern to be found. As such, you're unlikely to get an accurate idea from here about the true patterns of the drops, though it is interesting and fun to discuss of course

I think across the game and across my wizards even though I've been luckier in some places than others or some wizards have felt luckier at times, over all it has probably been quite even. I think you're probably just experiencing the joy/frustration of RNG. I hope you get lucky and the RNG be ever in your favour so you get everything you're wanting quickly and with ease, without farming becoming a grind!

Good luck!
I actually put into mind that I would be seeing the patterns but this is seriously happening to every wizard in the upper worlds. I find the drops normal in other parts of the game, just not the last few worlds. This has happened on other accounts as well. Something must to have changed.

Illuminator
Aug 03, 2016
It seems like monsters drop items in their own school. But not always.

I mostly get gear for schools other than the school for the wizard fighting.

It's one reason I want to make a 7th wizard. Although I finally sold most of the things I was saving for that school. For a long time the nicest drops were for the one school I didn't have a wizard of.

I could start saving things for it again. Due to team ups I still occasionally get lower level drops.

Survivor
Jul 30, 2017
It's mostly random But i agree with the answer above,