Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Feedback Friday 3-2-18

AuthorMessage
Squire
Jul 09, 2010
Piggle Bounce

We'd be teaching the Piggle piglets how to fly. The player would see a simple scene in profile (Like the Mario games.) On the left is a cliff/plateau (like in Mario) on the right is a large trampoline. On the cliff there is a line of piglets and a teacher or mom with them, guiding them to jump off the cliff and onto the trampoline. The player attempts to tap the Up Arrow just as the piglet contacts the trampoline to bounce them. The goal is to bounce the Piggle piglet high enough that he takes wing (determined by a "dice role" when we click the Up Arrow.) If the piglet fails he falls back down and we again try to bounce him. Each time we manage to bounce instead of missing his touchdown a "dice role" determines first - whether he flies up or diagonally somewhere, (which matters because it may affect the players perception as they try to time their Up Arrow tap to bounce the Piggle.) Then, based on his trajectory another dice role determines how far he's flung - effecting momentum if he falls back to us. And another "dice role" determines if the Piggle will actually fly or fall. When they fall we try to bounce them. When they take flight our mission has succeeded they fly around a bit and land on the cliff at the end of the line to try again.

As we progress through levels the piglets jump, fall and fly faster. Also, they get impatient and cease to wait in line properly jumping one at a time. At times a pig-pile may result. Points are awarded every time we bounce the Piggle and randomly due to the ones who took flight as they represent success.

As always, please set it so that member's Energy bottles would refill like mana and health.PS
I also thought of a pin-ball game where the left and right arrows are the flippers and the space bar is the "tilt". Each level is a pinball scene decorated like one of the world/areas - and it's just a pinball game. I guess math would model gravity and bounce and all that.

Illuminator
Aug 03, 2016
How about pinball?

How about Pong?

The simpler the better. If the point is to play a game a long time and rack up points to train a pet, why not make it easy on us?

I'd also like something that doesn't involve hand-eye quickness or coordination since many people are differently abled.

So how about questions in categories like pop culture, history, sports, etc.? With no timer. Why make people rush all the time?

How about something as simple as chess or tic tac toe? How about solitaire? I'd love a card game especially solitaire. Endless reshuffles.

I mean there's no reason it all has to be timed and rushed. To me that is the opposite of relaxing.

Simple untimed repetitive tasks that involve some degree of strategy or thought are what I'd enjoy more.

Illuminator
Aug 03, 2016
If you had to make a timed game, maybe a food service game of some type. I'm not sure how that could fit into Wizards 101 so maybe change it from food to gear? And make it more of a match game? Like putting gear on paper dolls of wizards or even of monsters maybe. Test our memory of who wears what in this game maybe. Or just have it be a task oriented game, not so much a proof of memory or speedy hand coordination, which some have trouble with btw.
If a service time-management mini game maybe bring the right wand to the right wizard, match school colors to something, match the right boss to the right house, cave, castle, etc. etc. Maybe match a cheat or a spell to a boss if you wanted a more advanced version but it would have to be something that particular wizard has already battled.

I'm thinking of this game for another platform that I used to play and it had mini games. One was simple like basic math, or counting how many triangles in the image, or putting a puzzle together so nothing of the same color touched another piece of the same color -- simple puzzles like that. I'm not out to prove I could qualify for Mensa, I'm just trying to relax and be entertained, so a simple mini game is just fine with me.

A driving game might be nice but not so stressed or rushed. Nothing in the way, nothing trying to careen us off the road. Not a race in other words, but maybe points according to how far you drove and along the way could be nice or funny scenery.

In other words, games that are positive to play instead of making someone feel the game is trying to beat us or undo us.
Maybe one of those games in which you have to draw something simple to solve a riddle and go forward. There is a game like that out there too. You type in the word and the game draws it, and you use it to get out of the room.

Maybe a match game in the classic sense i.e. turn over cards and find matches. People can do simple games like these a long time in a row.

Illuminator
Aug 03, 2016
One more idea because I ran out of room. This is a quick one.

Show part of an image and the person has to choose from multiple choice answers, or type in the answer, of where the image can be found in the spiral. It could be the inside of a castle, inside of a room a boss battle is in, it could be a corner of a remote part of a world; almost limitless.

The image should begin as blurred or scrambled or come into focus some way and the person gets more points the faster they guess correctly.

Illuminator
Aug 03, 2016
Somewhere, Helenie Nightseer posted her idea about a pet talent X ray machine. I really like her idea. One reason I don't train pets is because the pet training mini games don't really appeal to me (no offense -- I don't mind 1 or 2 of the crown game thingys) so than you for this topic -- and the other reason I don't really train my pets is because I have eleventy billion pets by now and also, because I don't want to spend days or weeks of my life on a virtual item that could turn out to be a dud. It could turn out to have wonky talents.

Since we all want different types of pet talents why not let us see what its talents are before we train it? You could charge us for the x ray machine -- either one in the Commons people can pay crowns or gold for or one we can use 'at home' in the privacy of our wizard castle -- or both options to choose from, even better!

It could also be a members-only thing if you'd like to encourage membership purchases but I like the idea of one in the Commons with options to buy one for home, better. Maybe make them a super rare Daily Task end of week reward too??

Illuminator
Aug 03, 2016
I love everyone's ideas but just want to reiterate that speedy hand-eye coordination is not something everyone can do. Some people struggle with poor eyesight or physical issues or both.

Illuminator
Aug 03, 2016
I think everyone likes that mobile game where you 'crush candy' (I'm trying not to name any brand names, ahem) and the Potion Motion game or whatever is nice but I think most of the games could stand a graphics update. The bottles are a little boring to look at.

This game has such a great sense of humor. I'd love to see that reflected more often in the games.

I love the idea of everything having at least an untimed option, for reasons I've stated previously and also just because some find that more relaxing. That seems standard in most new games I've seen anyway. Then people who love speedy games and people who want the game without the rush or pressure can both be happy.

Administrator
Wow, lots of great ideas here folks! Thanks everyone for playing (especially Helene for all the ideas!!!). I'll share these with the team. A new topic shall be posted shortly.

“If the Mind is like a candle, the Heart is like the sun.” Professor Falmea