Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Feedback Friday 2-16-18

AuthorMessage
Administrator
It's Friday, and that means it's time for Feedback! Let's get to it, shall we?

Today, let's talk about a place where two sides enter and one emerges victorious... the Monstrodome! This week, I'd like you to think outside the box and create your perfect Monstrodome experience. How would you obtain it? What would it look like? Who would be in it doing battle?

For example, perhaps in the water in the Botanical Gardens house, I could fish up a Forest themed Monstrodome. I would then place Forest Grump and a few other treants in there to fight anyone who showed up. Looking forward to see what you all will come up with!

Have a fiery Friday and wondrous weekend everyone!

Standard disclaimer applies: We do not guarantee to use each and every idea submitted, and questions we pose may or may not be pertaining to things we are currently working on, or will ever undertake. Sometimes, there are just technical limitations that make changing things difficult to impossible, and though we possess all manner of magic wands here, there are technological beasts out there that are beyond our grasp. Sometimes, we may not feel it is within the spirit and vision of the spiral to add or change something. Also, we realize that some of these topics may have been addressed before in other threads - sometimes it's good to pick up a discussion again. Chances are I have read your threads and would like to hear more!

“If the Mind is like a candle, the Heart is like the sun.” Professor Falmea
Mastermind
Nov 08, 2015
Professor Falmea on Feb 16, 2018 wrote:
It's Friday, and that means it's time for Feedback! Let's get to it, shall we?

Today, let's talk about a place where two sides enter and one emerges victorious... the Monstrodome! This week, I'd like you to think outside the box and create your perfect Monstrodome experience. How would you obtain it? What would it look like? Who would be in it doing battle?

For example, perhaps in the water in the Botanical Gardens house, I could fish up a Forest themed Monstrodome. I would then place Forest Grump and a few other treants in there to fight anyone who showed up. Looking forward to see what you all will come up with!

Have a fiery Friday and wondrous weekend everyone!

Standard disclaimer applies: We do not guarantee to use each and every idea submitted, and questions we pose may or may not be pertaining to things we are currently working on, or will ever undertake. Sometimes, there are just technical limitations that make changing things difficult to impossible, and though we possess all manner of magic wands here, there are technological beasts out there that are beyond our grasp. Sometimes, we may not feel it is within the spirit and vision of the spiral to add or change something. Also, we realize that some of these topics may have been addressed before in other threads - sometimes it's good to pick up a discussion again. Chances are I have read your threads and would like to hear more!
I'd obtain an Aquilan-themed Monstrodome and fight the Immortals in there. However, the rewards would have to be better than what drops now in the Monstrodome for me to consider it worth my while.

Survivor
Dec 19, 2008
customize cheats, and maybe even be able to craft custom summon cards that can be used in there to pick what spells a monster can use using special monster-dome cards, so like you could have a scarlet screamer from triton that can have many cheats and use rank 10 spells.

Mastermind
Feb 07, 2010
You mean like monstrodomes with pre-set monsters? We already have those, they're called housing instances.

Explorer
Mar 08, 2015
Hello Falmea!

I think this question is interesting.... I think that you should be able to obtain the monstrodome by crafting it, like you already can, and also getting it from medualla as an EXTREMELY rare drop. This is how it would look. It would look like you are in space. With nothing around but stars and universe and things. In battle, the wizard should be able to choose which enemy he fights, but if he doesn't have the treasure card, he can't get the drops. Also, you won't be able to fight them if you have not unlocked the Mob in the game yet.

Have fun in monstrology wizards!

Survivor
Nov 15, 2011
If i had my own Monstrodome - Man i would love to add a few different monsters that would always change. Make it customizable to the user. A few fairy's or maybe professor's. I would make it totally random between whom you fought inside it. Just for fun! A few treants, maybe a boss or two, maybe one of the big bosses shows up as a rare thing. It would definitely be epic. And the prizes would relate with the ranks of each monster of course, like if you got a rank 2 Ice Wraith for example you get low level stuff but if you get a rank 12 fire boss you get some nice gear or gold.I think it would be fun to do as a daily fight, you can set a timer to come back in the next 12 hours or buy a potion to reset the timer. It's like pvp only better, you fight monsters instead. That would be my monstrodome.

Survivor
Sep 25, 2011
Such a shame this awesome idea was never fully embraced. I would say to improve it; allow a special monster extraction that grants wizards to obtain any boss, then allow wizards to set cheats for that battle, and lastly make it open access to castle tours.

Further more, I understand there was suppose to be a unique loot drop system with it but I've only found food drops. I would say to improve the loot drops, each battle completed grants 1 monsterdome ticket and can be traded in for unique housing items.

I am against the gear idea people are suggesting because this would cause team up issues for the rest of the game. So if gear is suppose to be a reward, make it "skins" only.

As for the vender to trade in the tickets, just use the existing NPC located in wizard city that grants the quest to get your first monster extraction. This should save a lot of time and resources.

The only "Real" issue you are going to have is making all those bosses into housing guests so... have fun with that!

Explorer
Jan 22, 2012
An Arcanum themed one, where I could fight the shadow trickster and Cyrio Cassini and have them drop really cool items such as pure shadow resist gear and Arcanum gear where you can look like an Arcanum sentinel. Also it would be really cool if monstrology treasure cards could drop from empyrea.

Daniel
Champion Necromancer lvl 125
Revered Crafter

A+ Student
Dec 24, 2009
I'd like to be able to add more than four (total) bosses to the Monstrodome. Right now, it will take up to four and no more. In order to get a new boss in, I have to destroy one of the older ones! Having to destroy a hard-won boss just so I can rotate in a new boss seems wasteful.

It would be better to be able to store a bunch of different bosses like treasure cards and then select the particular ones I want to fight that day.

Also, the drops are anemic at best. All I've ever gotten was a paltry amount of gold and maybe a low rank pet snack, no matter what the rank of the boss I've installed to fight. It makes the whole thing rather pointless, to be honest. So instead, I've just used my collected animus to create house guests rather than bosses to fight.

Create your perfect Monstrodome experience. How would you obtain it? What would it look like? Who would be in it doing battle?

Well... If I could design a perfect Monstrodome experience (for me), it would be the surprise result of opening a forbidden tome tossed aside in the Avalon Castle library. I was supposed to go in there for the Book of Armaments but got distracted by a lovely book on the other side of the room with dragons on the cover.

Uh oh!

The opened book would transport me to the forests of Avalon, down by the lakeshore of Nimue. I would fight the combined forces of Catalan, Jabberwock, the Winter Wrym and Caoranach the Fire-Spitter, while music from the Pirate's Party Barge plays in the background.

Once I manage to defeat all four dragons, to my further surprise, a Princess named Sabra steps out from behind a tree. She has been trapped inside this book for centuries! Upon rescuing her, I earn the badge Savior of Sabra and receive gold, jewels, and a portrait of Sabra as a reward.

Alia Misthaven

(In some of the legends of St. George, Sabra is the name of the princess he rescues from the dragon.)

Administrator
This is all FANTASTIC feedback, Wizards! Very creative! I've shared it with all the Professors and we'll consider these when making updates in the future.

New topic coming up shortly, stay tuned!

“If the Mind is like a candle, the Heart is like the sun.” Professor Falmea