Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Ice wizard facing Skabrok

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jan 12, 2018
Hello, I'm a level 58 ice wizard and one of the quests i'm working on at the moment is the Runedown where I have to defeat Skabrok and i've fought him at least four times using different methods per fight and still I cannot pass. I was wondering if any people had any tips on how i can defeat him?

A+ Student
Dec 24, 2009
Make sure you're wearing gear with high resist.

Pack your Volcanic shields, as they will protect you from Skabrok's critical Wild Bolts, Tritons and Stormzillas.

Have some heal spells on hand to recover some health if he critical hits you.

Be sure to kill Skabrok's winterwing battler minion ASAP.

Try using your minion.

Use your Colossus spell rather than your Frost Giant spell, since the Colossus hits harder. If you've got Snow Angel, use that with stacked blades.

If all else fails, you can buy a henchmen for crowns. I'd suggest the level 70 Life Gorilla since he mostly heals, or the level 70 Fire Lion to help you with damage. Both cost 100 crowns, not nearly as expensive as the high level henchmen but they both work pretty well for the bargain price.

Good luck!

Alia Misthaven, 122
Fiona Frostweaver, 78

Armiger
Jan 18, 2010
How's your gear?

This is important as you'll need gear with efficient resists and health boost to aid you. Good alternatives can be the crafting gear available in Sudrilund or even Bazaar Gear (the level 58 celestial set) as these provide a decent alternative in terms of resists.

Skabrok also tends to critical often. With that in mind, since you won't be able to block his criticals, make use of your Volcanic Shields. Shield, especially when you note/see him having 2 or more power pips.

His minion may use Snow Shield on the boss, so, how do you combat this? Snow Angel! Do you have this spell?

While enduring Skabrok's grueling attacks, charm up (Iceblades, elemental blades, Treasure card versions too).

Use Balefrost. This is optional, but in case you want to see that extra damage and negate his own bubble (Darkwind), it helps.

Bring heals, once your health reaches about half, heal!

Go first, try shielding the first round.

Have couple blizzards and frost giant.

Do you have feint? If so, use it, if not, try using TC versions just before attacking, or stack these on the boss while snow angel chills him.

Snow Shark and Ice Kraken (Available from Bazaar) are good alternatives to use instead of the very weak Ice Colossus. In addition, the Blue Phoenix also packs a punch with your iceblades!

So, as you can see, you've a wealth of options available to you. Use them.
These guys are and , 's dream school of facing.

So, apply the techniques and head in there and learn your new spell!