Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Houses are locked when i try to buy one ?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Feb 19, 2017
So the only homes i have are the dorm and the avalon plot(wasted my money on it thinking id be able to buy house) I look in the shop and all homes except the really cheap ones are locked. I tried emptying my dorm of all items and it didnt help.

Astrologist
Mar 16, 2012
DarkCasterr on Feb 7, 2018 wrote:
So the only homes i have are the dorm and the avalon plot(wasted my money on it thinking id be able to buy house) I look in the shop and all homes except the really cheap ones are locked. I tried emptying my dorm of all items and it didnt help.
Sounds like you don't have enough gold or crowns to buy a new one. If you had reach your deed limit ( 3 house + dorm room ), emptying the dorm room wouldn't make space for a new one.

A+ Student
Dec 24, 2009
You must be at least level 15 before you can buy a house in-game for gold. (That rule doesn't apply with crowns houses, though. Go figure.) Players lower than level 15 will see all housing options greyed out.

You also need to have enough gold on hand before you can buy a house. If the "cheap ones" are available to you but the other, more expensive ones are greyed out, that means you don't have enough gold to buy the expensive ones.

Alia Misthaven