Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Feedback Friday 2-2-18

AuthorMessage
Administrator
It's Friday, and we all know what that means... more feedback!

Today, this is for the top level players... let's chat about those packs. If you could pick 1-3 Hoard or Lore packs for us to wave our wands and update the level on the gear and weapons, which ones would you pick? Keeper's Lore? Maybe a holiday pack or something from the vault that's not available anymore?

Have a fab-tastic Friday and a wondrous weekend!

Standard disclaimer applies: We do not guarantee to use each and every idea submitted, and questions we pose may or may not be pertaining to things we are currently working on, or will ever undertake. Sometimes, there are just technical limitations that make changing things difficult to impossible, and though we possess all manner of magic wands here, there are technological beasts out there that are beyond our grasp. Sometimes, we may not feel it is within the spirit and vision of the spiral to add or change something. Also, we realize that some of these topics may have been addressed before in other threads - sometimes it's good to pick up a discussion again. Chances are I have read your threads and would like to hear more!

“If the Mind is like a candle, the Heart is like the sun.” Professor Falmea
Astrologist
Dec 31, 2009
Inb4 everyone answers updated Jade Gear, just NO!

Armiger
Jan 11, 2012
Wyvern Horde Pack for sure! Gotta update that energy gear!

Defender
Aug 03, 2015
Good topic, heres my thoughts:

1.Witches hoard pack:

The gear doesn't necessarily have to be level 120 but the stats for 110 are just awful and need to be updated ASAP. Theres no critical rating, no block and the damage is just plain insulting. Please fix it.

2. Harrowing nightmare pack:

The gear is no where near as bad as the witches hoard pack but one problem about it is the health. I have no idea as to why there is no health but updating the stats and adding some health would be good. In terms of the wands, they are the best critical wands in game so keep them going!.

3. Yuletide hoard pack:

The fact that it goes up to 100 is a little bit concerning but adding in good energy health would be good. It would also be good for max energy at a low level (like 90 for example).

Champion
Feb 06, 2010
Professor Falmea on Feb 2, 2018 wrote:
It's Friday, and we all know what that means... more feedback!

Today, this is for the top level players... let's chat about those packs. If you could pick 1-3 Hoard or Lore packs for us to wave our wands and update the level on the gear and weapons, which ones would you pick? Keeper's Lore? Maybe a holiday pack or something from the vault that's not available anymore?

Have a fab-tastic Friday and a wondrous weekend!

Standard disclaimer applies: We do not guarantee to use each and every idea submitted, and questions we pose may or may not be pertaining to things we are currently working on, or will ever undertake. Sometimes, there are just technical limitations that make changing things difficult to impossible, and though we possess all manner of magic wands here, there are technological beasts out there that are beyond our grasp. Sometimes, we may not feel it is within the spirit and vision of the spiral to add or change something. Also, we realize that some of these topics may have been addressed before in other threads - sometimes it's good to pick up a discussion again. Chances are I have read your threads and would like to hear more!
Keepers Lore for the Jade gear! And Knights Lore!!!

Explorer
Jan 22, 2012
Ghulture’s Hoard Pack, Professors Hoard Pack and 2017 Gloomthorn Nightmare Pack

Daniel
Champion Necromancer lvl 125
Revered Crafter

Survivor
Jul 14, 2009
First of All: Definitely don't update professor's hoard. The gear within it is already way too op and it doesn't need an update any time soon. And do not update jade gear, it is already too good for its stats and DOES NOT need an update!

1: Ghulture's hoard pack is somewhat decent now, but I would love to see it updated with new gear and such like that. And along with Ghulture's hoard, I would LOVE to see level mounts, since the ones from the pack are for any level, maybe make a ghulture mount for lets say levels 100+ that gives 5 damage instead of the 3 for any level.

2: Then next would probably be pharaoh's hoard. I love the housing items within it, but still for sure needs a gear update. It is a pack that nobody buys anymore and could for sure get a good update.

3: Lastly, I'd say road warrior's hoard. When It first came out, everybody wanted the 50% speed as it was the first in the game. People didn't really use the gear or pet in it because it wasn't that good. People did use the boots in it, it was one of the first packs I think that had certain odd damage combos in it. (life and storm damage together- ice and myth, etc.). It would be really amazing to see that pack updated with new gear for the robe and hat, as well as boots. The wand was quite interesting as it had the first low level maycast (10+). But besides that it wasn't overall great. I say add adjustments to the gear and wands, and maybe make the mount 55%. Just a thought.

Alex Frost
Novice Thaumaturge level 1
PvP Warlord

Survivor
May 06, 2017
Survivor
May 13, 2012
Survivor
Jul 03, 2009
Astrologist
Aug 23, 2016
I'm not sure I'd update any packs, but rather have each professor put together a school only pack. Guaranteed gear appropriate for the school.

Steven Ghoststalker

A+ Student
Dec 24, 2009
I think a lot of people are misunderstanding the idea of "update the level." Some old packs have gear that maxes out at level 100, so I'm assuming that Professor Falmea is asking us which of those packs we'd like to see new gear levels up to 120 added - not which packs should have their gear stats changed.

Of old packs not updated to level 120, please update:

1) Immortal's Lore, which currently stops at level 110.

2) Original Yuletide pack "toy soldier" gear, which currently stops at level 100.

3) Ninja's Lore gear, which also stops at level 100.
It's Chrysanthemum gear is great for healers. (And would be even better if you added critical block!)

If there are any packs I'd like to see another tier of gear added in the future when we reach level 130 max, please keep updating Professor's, Road Warriors, and Immortal's Lore.

Thank you for asking,

Alia Misthaven

Survivor
Dec 08, 2008
Definitely not the Keeper's Lore jade gear, however I wouldn't mind if the update was like +10 Health per piece and the other two sets would get a real boost to be more on par with Jade. Now packs I do want updated:

Nightmare Pack:
The original Nightmare Pack to be specific, it has some really good gear options so I'd love to see improved with higher values!

Yuletide Pack:
Same thing as Nightmare. The Nutcracker and Darkwraith's line of gear were the best equipment released into packs before the Ghulture's Pack were released... but let's be honest, nowadays we only want the boots.

Hoard of the Hydra Pack:
Energy, healing and combat sets! That's another I'd love to see updated, just one off-topic detail: The item cards on the Mandolin of Evermore, Guardian Spirit, is quite a problem in PvP especially among low levels... limiting these cards as a x1 use (like Reshuffle) would an even more welcome update.

~R

Survivor
May 15, 2009
Phoenix Hoard:
Most of the most recent packs have had the same pattern on the hat, robe and shoes: offensive on the hat/shoes, and more defensive on the robe. While I don't particularly mind this, it means that there's limited options for people in terms of offensive robes, two of the most common being the Darkmoor part 3 (Mali) eobe and Rattlebones exalted ultra dungeon robe, both of which are level 100+. With Phoenix Hoard having one of the better offensive robes, bringing its stats up to 120 scale could offer an interesting alternative (the wands could also use an upgrade, to make them comparable to Terror's Hoard in terms of the stats they give.)

Nightmare Pack:
I always used to buy this pack back in the day, since despite the gear not giving any health, the stats the gear gave were some of the best from packs. I also liked how it looked and even the cards it gave, and I'd love to see this pack get an upgrade.

Keeper's Lore:
I typically use defensive setups, but with this having the most commonly used defensive gear, I know making this TOO powerful could result in unfairness in pvps. While I think the other gear in this pack would be fine with a standard upgrade, Jade gear is a different story. These are my ideas for the Jade gear updates:

Hat: Upgrade it similar to the level 100>110 upgrade

Robe: Decrease the resist slightly, but increase the other stats (block, outgoing, pip chance, and maybe health) to make it a lower health version of the Carnival Bundle robe and/or Cool Rider's robe from the Road Warrior's pack. This could be more of a "side-grade" from the lvl 110 robe, similar to the pip chance to pierce on the 100>110 Terror's Hoard Wands.

Shoes: even if you don't change the other stats, raise the resist to 18%, to have them rival Rockstar Kicks, the other most-used defensive shoes.

Thanks again for valuing everyone's opinions in this!

Austin S. , 114 120

Survivor
Jul 04, 2012
Dear KI,

I realize this is not EXACTLY the question that was asked, however, it does address the issue of gear.

I think the solution is very simple. No need to add a bunch of stuff to the already existing packs (other than adjusting the upper level to 120). Simply add a jewel socket to all remaining gear items: Wands, Hats, Robes and Boots. One solution that will work across the board.

Let's face it. If a piece of gear has great stats in one area, it is usually lacking in another. We can alter the balance by simply socketing a jewel to address whatever is missing or to boost something we want.

Thanks for your consideration.

Regards!
Suzanne

Survivor
Jun 02, 2016
Why are you asking isnt it your job to do it anyways

Survivor
Dec 21, 2015
The packs I would love to see updated is the road warrior's, Immortal's lore, and last but not least the professor pacj

Squire
Jul 09, 2010
About the Jade Gear I disagree, I do hope they update it along with our ever increasing levels. Damage and Pierce are going up so even in PVP - why not? But Jade is super valuable when building questing sets for higher level questing sets (using one piece with other pieces from other sets for balance.)

However, my three picks are:

• Hoard of The Hydra Pack (for playing healer -- with the Faerie Court gear)
  • Wyveren's Hoard Pack (for the energy gear)
  • Terror's Hoard Pack (it's a hard pick between this one and the Professor's Packs--but I want another Eye of The Soothsayer wand when I'm level 150...so...)
I hope the Wyveren's update and the Hydra would make the higher gear comparable to at least the level 110 of Terror's Hoard - or they might not sell so well.

Squire
Jul 09, 2010
Suzne on Feb 5, 2018 wrote:
Dear KI,

I realize this is not EXACTLY the question that was asked, however, it does address the issue of gear.

I think the solution is very simple. No need to add a bunch of stuff to the already existing packs (other than adjusting the upper level to 120). Simply add a jewel socket to all remaining gear items: Wands, Hats, Robes and Boots. One solution that will work across the board.

Let's face it. If a piece of gear has great stats in one area, it is usually lacking in another. We can alter the balance by simply socketing a jewel to address whatever is missing or to boost something we want.

Thanks for your consideration.

Regards!
Suzanne
I really like this idea.
Especially if the Jewel added to clothing and wands was a percentage boost as we level. Just the same gear with the same attributes -but all the amounts go up a given percentage each time we level up. Where the plan was to add additional attributes at certain levels (like shadow pips, critical, and block) they could just appear.

Survivor
Aug 16, 2011
1) Immortal's Lore
2)Keeper's Lore
(I realize resist can't be raised much due to universal immunity being a issue, but health and outgoing healing could be raised [and resist could be raised slightly])
3) Ghulture's Hoard

All of these should be raised to 120 (or 130 if this update is added after Empyrea P2)

Administrator
Thanks for the votes and the ideas, everyone! Seems like, beyond a few popular ones, everyone has their own favorite!

New topic coming up shortly, stay tuned!

“If the Mind is like a candle, the Heart is like the sun.” Professor Falmea