Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

TC spamming in PvP unfair

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Aug 29, 2014
Some low level wizards in PvP arena just use treasure cards in PvP over and over. A level 31 fire used the sun serpent 3 times, a level 28 storm used sirens 3 times, balance people level 19 used ra twice, and there is more. Don't you think that there should be no tc in arena PvP?

-Aaron FrostTail

Astrologist
Dec 31, 2009
I do think they should be level limited, not outright banned

Explorer
Dec 26, 2010
RMV60 on Jan 28, 2018 wrote:
Some low level wizards in PvP arena just use treasure cards in PvP over and over. A level 31 fire used the sun serpent 3 times, a level 28 storm used sirens 3 times, balance people level 19 used ra twice, and there is more. Don't you think that there should be no tc in arena PvP?

-Aaron FrostTail
I think it depends on the tc and what levels you're talking about. The tc used to help spam spell strategies should at least be limited. At higher level pvp tc isn't as big a deal though especially at max. By the time you are doing max pvp everyone has access to all their spells so tc just gives them an extra copy or a way to adjust their strategy in an emergency situation where they think they will lose if they don't do something.

At lower levels tc could be considered somewhat unfair. In some ways they are not since everyone can buy tc by going to the bazaar and while not all spells are available there, enough of them are to make your own strategy using tc yourself to combat other players.

At the same time when it comes to the lowest levels of pvp they are still unfair as if you get the pips you need first to cast a tc spell and get blades (also can be tc, for schools with blades less than 40% usually are tc) and infallible (also a tc unless it's a pet talent or card provided by pet) then you have a pretty much guaranteed win if you are facing someone who does not have the commander ranked gear and lots of health. Even with the gear this strategy pretty much guarantees you a win if you have a decent pet equipped (and person your facing is not like 3 times your level therefore has 3 times the health).

So at lower levels but especially level 5 and 10 pvp it might be fair to just level lock tc so that you can't use spells above your level which leaves higher level pvp a little impaired for people who prefer say level 50 but unaffected for max level pvp.

Survivor
Sep 02, 2015
RMV60 on Jan 28, 2018 wrote:

-Aaron FrostTail
I honestly don't consider using or even 'spamming' tc in PvP unfair at all.You can use treasure cards too anyways. I don't feel like treasure cards ruin PvP, instead they make it more versatile. Fyi there are classic 1v1 tournaments in which treasure cards are banned(and so are pets and amulets).

Survivor
May 27, 2009
Jasmine3429 on Jan 29, 2018 wrote:
I do think they should be level limited, not outright banned
Agreed with the level limit. Banning it period would effect higher levels of pvp where tc don't play nearly as big a role. Now banning it for say up to a certain level maybe.

Joshua SkullGrove ( exalted warlord) and other noob wizards who need work.