Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Your Deer Knight Experience...

AuthorMessage
Survivor
May 09, 2015
As we all know, deer knight is a coveted spell for all death wizards... for it is a low pip cost AOE spell. But the twist is, that the spell is very hard to acquire.

So far there are only three ways of obtaining it:
-Farming Loremaster (takes actual eons to do)
-Opening "Knights Lore Packs" (Can cost you a fortune)
-Crafting (Only guaranteed way of getting, reagents can be a pain... deer knight tc's takes ages to get)

I am currently trying to get it... I am almost legendary crafter but it's been a actual struggle...

So I want to ask all you courageous death wizards out there, how did you get deer knight? How long it took etc.
My goal in this is to raise my self esteem in doing this tedious task. And to spread awareness to our struggle!

Peace out wizards of the spiral
-Ethan Griffinthorn
Lvl 78

Armiger
Jan 18, 2010
Lol,

I'll support you goal as this was a tedious task for my as well.

I ended up crafting the spell for him. I wasn't going to waste precious time (farming Loremaster) or money (on packs for the what seems like below 1% of learning the spell), so I resorted to this (crafting).

The Amber was the most annoying to get, but across all my wizards, I had a solid amount, still annoying though.

The spell is needed for all necromancers, so I encourage any potential young necromancers out there to learn the spell.

(If you've any questions on it, post it here, read past threads about the spell or check on wiki :) )

Survivor
Jun 06, 2011
Good luck!
I haven't obtained the spell on any wizard. My only experience is that it's a nightmare to be hit by it

Mastermind
Oct 21, 2013
I got Deer Knight when I was level 110. At the time that was the max level. I crafted it.

Most of the reagents I had almost problem obtaining apart from Amber. I remember farming Glad for hours. It hurt my soul.

I actually had a really good friend who lent me her Deer Knight TC. So unlike a lot of people, TC was one thing which I got really quickly. (Thanks Roslyn :D)

For me, it actually took a few weeks. I gave up farming for Amber in between.

Don't give up in between like I did. In my opinion, all the struggles you have to go through to get the spell is worth it. I'ts extremely useful for Death.

Good luck! I know you can get Deer Knight :)

Survivor
May 09, 2015
Update: I got all the deer knight treasure cards from a cool wizard I met in the bazaar ( I am not proud to how much I pleaded). And I am now a Legendary Crafter, spirit drum was an actual struggle... but I have come through!

But now I am in another dilemma... since I spent so much money on reagents, I cant afford the deer knight spell recipe! Like all people who craft, I have to farm gold... It has become a redundant process. (I will start farming the gladiator, thanks for the tips!)

(Thank you very much for the motivation and tips, it means the world to me)

-Ethan Griffinthorn
Lvl 88

Astrologist
Mar 16, 2012
I crafted Deer Knight. Getting the TC wasn't so bad, I got lucky in the Bazaar and managed to get the amount within 2 weeks. Gardening Queen Crape Myrtle and King Parsley took me only a couple of months for the Amber, plus I farmed a bit as well.
All in all, it wasn't so bad compared to other crafting spells, so I really encourage players to craft the Loremaster spells, instead of farming for it.

A+ Student
Dec 24, 2009
I have two Death wizards.

My level 80 stopped questing and worked on crafting the spell as soon as she hit Zafaria and got the Legendary crafting quest completed. It took about six months to gather the amber from intermittent farming of the Gladiator. The rest of the reagents weren't that hard to get, just time consuming from all the gardening. As for the treasure cards, I traded for some and bought some Knight's Lore crowns packs to help me get the last couple that I needed.

My level 40 is working on getting the amber through gardening. (So far, it's been mostly fruitless. The King Parsley plants do NOT drop amber, I don't care what everyone else says. Dozens of harvests and nada so far. I've had much better luck with White Tiger Lilies, to be honest, but their seeds are harder to find.) She has the treasure cards already - same route as my 80 took, some trades and some crown packs - and all the other ingredients are standing by. As soon as she gets past Zafaria, she'll buy the recipe and craft the spell.

Meanwhile, she already has the spell on her via a Deer Knight pet, and supplemented with a Deer Knight Rises jewel that's embedded in a spell deck. So she has two copies of it. Having access to that spell while she's in Marleybone has been incredible! It's just an amazing spell for low level Death wizards.

Alia Misthaven, 122
Fallon Raven, 81
Scarlet Raven, 42

Defender
Dec 26, 2016
I remember using it when I was running through the end of Avalon, and I was a bit over-leveled, so I think I was level 80-something?

I might have gotten it earlier if I had just got a friend to run through Gladiator with me. But no, I don't like to bother people so I had started a King Parsley garden to help me get amber. Even then, I still had to get some from my brother (who farmed a bunch of Aquilian secret bosses for the ring and athame) via shared bank transfer.

So the moral is if you're in a rush, forget about KP, just get people who want to do Gladiator.

The rest of the materials are fairly easy to get; you just need to spend an hour in the bazaar.

Good luck man!

Astrologist
Feb 28, 2014
I crafted my Deer Knight when I was in Azteca. There were 7 ambors in my share bank. I farmed the Gladiator in Mount Olympus, Aquila almost a full day for 5 more. Getting the other reagents were pretty easy since all my other wizards had them and got the spells in one day. It helps a lot when you stock up on reagents starting at level 1 and craft when you're able too

Delver
May 29, 2009
I gave up farming Loremaster (after years!) on both my 1st two accounts and just crafted. You're right-the worst part is the amber required to craft the spell. As luck (or unluck) would have it, my Storm & Fire have both received the spell as a drop and don't need it since both classes get a multitude of AOE spells throughout their levels.

Unfortunately, I do still have 5 other death wizards whose only option is to farm because they are only Grandmaster Artisans (class levels 51-60) and haven't gotten to Zafaria yet to "obtain the quest" to become Legendary. The setback to crafting the spell is waiting until after so many worlds before you are able to craft EVEN if you have done the Crafting quests and have the ingredients.

With the above in mind, I think it kinda ridiculous to have the Yan Kan Kook recipe vendor there selling craftable spells knowing that wizards finishing up Mooshu would be unable to even attempt to craft the spell for three more worlds.

~SM~

Astrologist
Aug 23, 2016
So, I'm going to go out on a limb and say Deer Knight is as difficult as Pigsie is for a Life Wizard.

Has anyone had both a Life Wizard and a Death Wizard?

Which in your opinion is harder?

Steven Ghoststalker

Astrologist
Feb 28, 2014
Area51Alien on Jan 29, 2018 wrote:
So, I'm going to go out on a limb and say Deer Knight is as difficult as Pigsie is for a Life Wizard.

Steven Ghoststalker
I have near max Death wizard and 4 Life wizards 3 of them are maxed. Pigsie is way harder to craft than Deer Knight because you need 10 Pigsie tc which is near impossible to farm and can cost thousands of crowns to them from packs

Defender
Nov 08, 2009
Pigsie is harder, by far. Steve, I have several deer knight tc, if you need any.

Survivor
May 09, 2015
Area51Alien on Jan 29, 2018 wrote:

Steven Ghoststalker
you are right, both of them are hard to obtain. But for years now deer knight has been one of the only spells worth getting... All crafted spells have their respective difficulties, but deer knight is the sole spell majority of death wizards obtain/try to.

the thing that sets apart the two is that pigsie needs a lot more reagents then deer knight...

So there fore, pigisie would be considered more difficult, but also really worth it... a 4 pip heal everyone spell is amazing! The same goes for a 5 pip attack all spell.

I guess in the end it all lies in the eye of the beholder

Peace out wizards of the spiral
-Ethan Griffinthorn
Lvl 79

Survivor
Jun 27, 2009
... I crafted Deer knight in a day, but I did have a head start with all the reagents on my max fire.. I already had about 6 ambers, then got 6 more from consecutive fights with Cronus (IMO, he drops Amber FAR more often than Gladiator Dimaecherus or however you spell it) but this is assuming you have a level 90+ wizard to work with. If you aren't, I'd do the following: farm the Krokopatra/Rattlebones/etc. Master Duels and get Ultra seeds (a lot of people have these duels that want to get rid of them, especially maxes, and it's pretty easy to farm from Rattlebones himself), which drop amber at least ONCE during their life cycle (in my experience. Deer knight TC is plentiful in the bazaar if you refresh really fast, and same goes for blood moss (and red mandrake via transmutation), bones, sandstone (transmute). Good luck, I hope this helped.

Ryan Bearstalker 125
Ryan Deathstalker 63

Geographer
Sep 07, 2011
I'm still two worlds from being able to craft Deer Knight. I've opened maybe 60 packs with no luck, and done close to 2000 fights at Loremaster. I have some of the other dropped spells, but not that one.

Champion
Jan 25, 2015
For me, it wasn't as difficult because I have other high level wizards with an abundance of reagents. After getting the recipe, it took me about an hour to transmute and such, getting enough of everything to craft the spell.

Getting deer knight isn't as difficult as pigsie however... that's just how I feel

Survivor
Jan 26, 2014
Ok,
So I have crafted Lore spells, farmed Lore spells and last night decided to try to do it via the packs.
First, the Knight pack is by far the worse of all the packs. Just getting the card Deer Knight was very very rare. I have done the pigs and I did the Athena packs and I have done Halloween packs and the fire spells from packs.
The Deer Knight pack is by far the worse at giving anything good than any of these other packs hands down. I would not suggest going about it this way to get Deer Knight to anyone.

This must have been an early deck. The amount of junk is off the charts. Good side, I have lots to do pet hatches with now :)