Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

How do I uninstall wizard101?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Mar 11, 2010
Hello,

I need to reinstall wizard101 on my mac. How can I make sure I get rid of every single wizard101 file on my computer?

Thanks

Geographer
Jun 06, 2008
Our typical uninstallation instructions for Mac are as follows:

To Uninstall Wizard101 from your Mac follow these steps:
· Go to your "Finder" and click on this. This is the icon with the smiling face on the left hand corner at the bottom of the screen
· Look for 'Applications" on the left and click on it. This will open up your "Application" folder
· Find the icon for "Wizard101" and hold and drag it into your "Trash" at the bottom right corner
· Click on your "Trash" icon and look for the "Gear" icon at the top and click on it.
· Click on the option "Empty Trash"
· If you get the message that it is in use, simply go to the top left corner and click on "Restart" Once the computer reboots then go back to the "Trash" and empty it again.

You will want to contact our Customer Support for more information if you still find Wizard101 files on your computer.

Email: support@wizard101.com
Web: https://www.wizard101.com/CustomerSupport/game

Survivor
Mar 11, 2010
Does this delete all of the files that the game downloads while I play? Because it seems like it does not. I don't just want the launcher gone, I want to reinstall it all. I want to make it so that I never had it on my mac, so I can download it again and re-download all the files.

Geographer
Jun 06, 2008
We took your question to our Codeweaver partners, and they had a couple extra steps to add to the process to ensure it was a full clean installation:

https://www.codeweavers.com/compatibility/crossover/tips/wizard101/full-clean-install-procedure-for-wizard101