Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Feedback Friday 1-19-18

AuthorMessage
Administrator
Hello everyone! It's Friday, once again, and it's time for a new topic.

This weekend, members get FREE training point resets. Hooray! So, my question today is - are you resetting your character's training points? If so, what do you plan to change? If not, tell us how your perfect character is set up! We want to know all about YOU this week! ::grin::

Have a fabulous Friday and wonderful weekend Wizards!

Standard disclaimer applies: We do not guarantee to use each and every idea submitted, and questions we pose may or may not be pertaining to things we are currently working on, or will ever undertake. Sometimes, there are just technical limitations that make changing things difficult to impossible, and though we possess all manner of magic wands here, there are technological beasts out there that are beyond our grasp. Sometimes, we may not feel it is within the spirit and vision of the spiral to add or change something. Also, we realize that some of these topics may have been addressed before in other threads - sometimes it's good to pick up a discussion again. Chances are I have read your threads and would like to hear more!

“If the Mind is like a candle, the Heart is like the sun.” Professor Falmea
Mastermind
Feb 07, 2010
I made use of one of the past times this benefit was run to get back the training points my wizards spent on Reshuffle. Ever since it stopped working on itself, I've just had my entire side board filled with treasure cards of it, plus four complete refills worth of spares. Haven't actually needed to use them yet, but I feel like I can compete with the fact that monsters can keep casting spells forever.

Which brings me back to a request I had when that change was first made. Have the one-use-only restriction only apply in PVP.

Mastermind
Mar 16, 2009
I won't be resetting my points since I've been able to make use of the last reset, and have pretty much not spent any points since then.

My character's training points are, well, they seem really normal. Trained Ice until Tower Shield, Death until Feint, Life until Satyr, all the damage enchantments, Reshuffle, all of the Dispels, Potent Trap, Sharpen Blade, the school Aura, and Stun Block. The only spells I trained that might not be all that normal are Aegis, Indemnity, and Primordial/Radical; and I'm not sure about the first two of those.

There just are plenty enough Training Points to get all of the good options. I got 15 points leftover, and I'm not even getting any of the must-haves for free. If I wanted to, I could spend 6 points for the remaining two double-shields, 3 for Weakness, and maybe Shadow Donate, and still have a few leftover.

Explorer
Jan 22, 2012
I did not do the training point but back because I spent them on the things I needed: ice up to tower shield, feint was free since I’m death, life up to satyr, balance up to weakness, spirit blade, and reshuffle, and all shadow magic spells, sun school spells and a few star school spells which includes my school’s aura

Daniel
Champion Necromancer lvl 125

Armiger
Jan 18, 2010
Professor,

Allow me to express our joy and much gratitude for delivering on a long coveted request and finally allowing Free Membership Buy Back.

Thanks!

Defender
Jun 04, 2014
I reset some points every time this free benefit comes around. There are always a couple of spells that I want to move around so I can test new ones. I use every single training point. My only real complaint (though its not really) is that I don't have enough training points to get ALL the spells I really want. My spell point wish list is still about 30 additional training points long. And as we advance further it seems there are always some new spells being added to the game that I want to get also. I especially like how some additional school spells are being added to the trainable spell list as time goes on. Keep this up. As long as that keeps happening, there are always going to be new spells that I want to try out - and the spell point buyback helps tremendously in this regard. Thanks.

Survivor
Oct 19, 2013
This is great!...Minus I just paid crowns like two days ago to buy back points on one of my wizards. lol

Survivor
Feb 26, 2012
i dont know really! but hey falmea! i kinda first time seeing you have a topic! - myth wizard

Explorer
Jan 10, 2012
Unfortunately resetting your training points can mess up "special" equipment setup decks.
They are typically used for "cheating bosses fights decks" i.e. for von shane, malistaire, ect

Since these have non school spells which have to be "retrieved" from
ravenwood teachers, celestia, azteca, zumunda, mirage, arcanum teachers.
These spells will be removed from all your "special" decks upon training point reset
Since they are NOT your default school spells.
At least write the deck info down before you do this so you can recover these.

Don't move backpack gear to bank or to shared bank a item of clothing,
that is in your "special" equiptment gear
All the special equiptment sets that use that item are destroyed.

Administrator
Thanks for the feedback, everyone! Hope you were able to take advantage of the training point buyback if you were so inclined, and definitely make sure to check out the Double Pet XP member benefit this weekend!

“If the Mind is like a candle, the Heart is like the sun.” Professor Falmea