Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Wizard101 lag on iMac?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jul 20, 2009
Hey! I'm not necessarily new to wizard101, but I took a break for a few years and recently got back on. I use an iMac Sierra currently, but every time I log in it is usually fine until I get into the actual game, then it constantly freezes and unfreezes. I am unable to move from the moment I spawn because of how laggy it is, and I am wondering if there is some way I could fix this. I've tried multiple things from deleting files cluttering my computer system to changing the ingame settings. All of the worlds and game properties are still loading since I just recently reinstalled Wizard101, if that is helpful. Sorry if I phrased this badly, and it is fine if you ask me to clarify certain things. Thanks in advance.

A+ Student
Dec 24, 2009
I'm not a Mac user, but do run Wizard101 on an older laptop. W101 is pretty demanding of our CPUs and memory, making lag a problem if other programs are getting in the way. Some things to consider when diagnosing lag are:

1) How well does your Sierra system operate with W101? Other Mac users will hopefully hop on to offer guidance if there's any adjustment you should make. I just don't know enough to help with compatibility if that's what the issue is.

2) Don't have any apps, windows or other programs running, as they compete for resources.

3) Make sure your wifi connections are sound and not dropping intermittently. (You won't notice when browsing web pages, but it becomes a huge pain when you're streaming a game.)

4) Check that your modem and router are reasonably new. Your ISP may need to upgrade them.

5) In your game settings, try going to a "perfect" realm that is less crowded. I've noticed my game lags quite a lot when I'm in a crowded area.

6) Also in game settings, you can adjust bloom and other video aspects to hopefully reduce the burden on your system.

That's all I can think of. Hopefully someone else can give you more specific advice for the Sierra Mac aspect of your build.

Alia Misthaven

Survivor
Jan 17, 2018
Make sure you're playing in full screen, crank down that resolution too if you really need to. Put everything on low-medium settings.

Survivor
Mar 20, 2012
Yes Im running on a macbook pro newest one and its does lag a lot especially discarding cards thats when the lags peaks it makes me discard my wrong cards and its not a connection problem