Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Clemente Moraga

AuthorMessage
Astrologist
Aug 23, 2016
Any advice on how a Life Wizard can beat this guy?

Gone at him 12 times now (various deck configurations) and just as I either kill the minions or am set for a killing blow, my last health gets sucked away by a DOT.

HELP

Steven Ghoststalker

A+ Student
Dec 24, 2009
You may need to evaluate where you're having the most trouble and adjust to that. For example, are they going critical and you aren't blocking? Then increase your block by switching gear. Are they using so many DOTs that you can't shield? Then increase your Fire resist, again switch gear if you must.

Are you not able to heal enough? Add more healing spells, but also try to increase your healing power and Life critical so you get more health back from your spells. Are they Efreeting you just as you're ready to hit? Carry an off-school wand and/or Cleanse Charm treasure cards.

For what it's worth, my usual routine when playing schools like Life, Myth or Balance is, shield against the opening blows as best I can, then quickly heal. Set up to take down one minion. Heal again. Take down second minion. Heal myself yet again. Set up boss (heal as needed while doing so) and then ... attack!

I carry extra heals in my side deck so I can pull one quickly if needed.

Yes, it takes longer but I find with these schools, patience is the key because they don't have so many AoEs to choose from.

Here are some threads at Central with other tips. It seems like Fire and Life wizards have the most trouble with this boss.

http://www.wizard101central.com/forums/showthread.php?328216-Clemente-Moraga-How-in-the-heck

and

http://www.wizard101central.com/forums/showthread.php?482666-How-to-solo-Clemente-Moraga

Good luck!
Alia Misthaven

Astrologist
Aug 23, 2016
Thank you for the advice.

I'll keep at it. My biggest complaint is even if I get one or both minions killed, when I port back in there they both are again.

Steven Ghoststalker

Astrologist
Aug 23, 2016
22nd try. One level 90 Life Henchman, One summoning of Sir Bedevere, Two separate summoning of level 5 Monsterology minions, 45 minutes of battle and it came down to Me (759 health) and Clemente (782) health. I went first on the round and threw out a Frost Minotaur that I got from my gear.

This is by FAR the worst incident in the spiral. IMHO

Steven Ghoststalker

Armiger
Jan 11, 2012
Ok, time to go back to the basics. I have used this strategy on all 6 of my wizards and it worked like a charm. If you still havent beaten him, do this:

1) Go to the bazaar and buy hat, robe, and boots that give you the HIGHEST fire resist you can find.
2) Buy TC Life blades from the library in Zafaria (and other places)
3) Blade/trap up and hit with forest lord until the minions are dead
4) Once the minions are gone, focus on using blades/traps and Gnomes

that's it. The key is, and what most people forget, is that they're all fire, so max your fire resist. When you do that, their hits will be laughable. Pack some satyrs and you'll be fine. I remember taking my fire wizard thru there and completely forgetting about it till like the 5th run and felt REALLY stupid lol Hope this helps.